[CWM][TWRP] For the Samsung X Cover 2 aka GT-S7710 aka skomer

Search This thread

PePeMoke

Apr 28, 2015
Düsseldorf
Got no ROM installed and got a defective recovery installed which cannot mount external sdcard and I do not find drivers for the gt-s7710 anyone got an idea how to recover?

Anyone got the USB drivers for windows for this phone? So I can reflash a working recovery via Odin?

Please help!

NeoBeum

Feb 25, 2017
Got no ROM installed and got a defective recovery installed which cannot mount external sdcard and I do not find drivers for the gt-s7710 anyone got an idea how to recover?

Anyone got the USB drivers for windows for this phone? So I can reflash a working recovery via Odin?

Please help!

sha-1 signed by Symantec

you're lucky i accidentally broke my wifi, and had to get my old odin stuff again while i'm working on my z5 compact recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: PePeMoke

Wagner.B

May 13, 2016
omg.. 5 jears later and i just try to install this stuff =D at least ive got cwm installed.. lets hope

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

a few weeks ago I got a Samsung X Cover 2 after my loved Defy boke down...Thanks to the rooted image that theboegl created I examined the device and started to port CWM to the device. Some photos of CWM on the S7710 are here. Sorry - cant post outside links before I did 10 posts....attached.:silly: Thanks to OliverG96 who worked on CM for the S3 mini that is quite similiar to the skomer it wasn't a hard job to get it running.

The source is on my github account. (no link - see above - just google: github flxo). Feel free to comment and improve....

Code:
    sudo heimdall flash --pit skomer.pit --Kernel2 recovery.img

DISCLAIMER: Use this recovery image at your own risk! You are responsible to any harm that is caused to your device during the use of this software.

Download
    Mirror

CWM Changelog:

2013/07/08: Added kernel build with source from Samsung Open Source. Fixed external_sd stuff that enabled restore and backup to the sd.
    2013/07/09: Fixed CWM boot loop (reboot recovery menu item or reboot syscall). Updated j4fs and param kernel modules.
    2013/07/11: Added ext4 capabilities to installer (needed for otapackage). Updated fstab with reserved area at the partition end.
    2013/07/19: Updated to version 6.0.3.3. edit: weird reboot issue.
    2013/07/19: Updated to version 6.0.3.6 (cm-10.1). Sideload still not functional.
    2013/11/03: Updated to version 6.0.4.4 (cm-10.2).
    2013/11/09: Fixed USB and sideload. Do not use.
    2013/11/14: Updated to version 6.0.4.5. Added param and j4fs modules to recovery.
    2014/01/12: Updated to version 6.0.4.6. <-- USE THIS VERSION

TWRP Changelog:

2013/12/07: Initial TWRP version from Omnirom 4.3 branch
    2013/12/21: Source update. Minor kernel fixes.
    Thanks for your work!

For those who want to try this beta-build:
    • download the newest odin-flashable build from here - thanks to @flxo
    • start Odin >= 3.07
    • select the downloaded CMW in the PDA section
    • unselect autoreboot if you would like to test it after flashing immediately
    • plug your XCover2 in
    • flash it
    • let it reboot/if you want to test cwm now:
      • power off by holding the power button
      • hold Volume +, Home and Power button simultaneous
      • you should see cwm
    • done :)

BTW: no one should just follow me by doing a reboot recovery, though I have created an odin-flashable restore - build 12.07.2013 for getting out of the "boot to recovery" loop without loosing data.
    I have problem with CWM. CWM is shown as invalid.

I've fixed that file. Please redownload it.
    Does not work my test.zip.
    Your update-binary was not as it is supposed to be.
    And the error you posted was created earlier.

Tried flashing, works like a charm. Just hold volume up, home and power, let go of power when you feel vibration and keep hold volume up and home button and you're in cwm! Gonna try port first custom rom, cm10 from s2 and see if it truly works :)