Ask & Ye Shall Receive? Yep. $199. ATT (P)

Search This thread
J

juwttt

ATT (P) - $199.99 / Signed, Sealed...Almost delivered.
Ya'll know the 411

Same ol..Same ol...
Be Nice...Find an agent that will try to help you possibly save $100 bux since (P) customers can not go outside the ATT box to purchase devices..

Walmart price match $199

;)

That is awesome, could you please share the link that walamart has the note ii for att for 199. What do you mean by "(p) Customers"?
thanks

Last edited:

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
I'm sorry but can you rephrase what you just said? Do you mean you got the SGN2 for $199 by being nice to an ATT CS rep?

If so. Can you provide more detail? Also, how do you get Walmart to match $199?

Please provide more detail since your post is like a tease.

Grats & hope you can help others get an awesome. I would get one by wkend if I can get it for 199.

That is awesome, could you please share the link that walamart has the note ii for att for 199. What do you mean by "(p) Customers"?
thanks

I'm guessing he means Premiere customers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Artimus009

Apr 30, 2011
Jacksonvillle
I searched on Walmart wireless...no dice. Unless he provides how he got att to match and how he got the price from Walmart... this is bogus.

Hey...if he does...I'll eat crow.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

bolm86

Sep 12, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I would love a link to that price. So I can get best buy to match it on Friday.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

dvdmkr

Dec 7, 2009
I'm a Premiere Customer. and I guess you extended your current plan..
How did you get it for $199? More Detail Please!

shea-bird

Feb 26, 2011
Philadelphia
please stop trolling threads with stuff like this.

Not taking either side here, but when radio shack was offering the GRAY HTC One X for 49.99 pre order, it seemed like a no brainer so I ordered it. Went into my local ATT with reciept- not only did they match the price, they allowed me to walk out with a white one on launch day. Remember they were going for 199 @ the time.

Just saying, deals are possible...

williams3803

Aug 30, 2010
I was able to get mine for 199 too.

I had called customer service this weekend and asked about ordering the note II.Now since I am a premier customer I had to talk to regular CS. At the bottom of the page on the GN2 it says limited time offer: up to 100 offer. I specifically asked if this 100 discount was already taken off of the current price or if it would be applied to the 299. I had 2 specific CS reps tell me it would be off of the 299 price. So basically making it 199. I had both of them make a note on my account stating it would be 199 after the discount. So I called and talked to premier today and they tried to give me the run around about the 199 price and I told them I had spoke to multiple CS reps and they stated it was going to be 199 after the discount. I also mentioned that it should have been noted to my account. Once all was said and done the CS manager said that since I was told the price would be 199 and it was documented on my account twice they would agree to that price. So he said to pre-order it online and to call back to adjust my account the 100 bucks. I was also able to get my activation fee waived and since I was a Premier customer I got the $25 bucks off of the order. So basically I got this phone for $175 plus tax. Not too shabby!! It also had a spot when ordering to choose FED EX Next day AIR for 14.95. I opted for that and hope it will be here tomorrow. GL to those that are going to try this and I hope this thing gets here quick.

mrbogusbaxter

May 26, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yikes me Bad, Sorry i should of been a little more specific.

AT&T Premier ...aka (AT&T/P)
I contacted them inquiring a local Walmart ad (instore not online) offering the device for a $199.99 / 2 year upgrade.
What made this even more strange is that right in the next shopping center, there is an AT&T store (299.99)

So I called AT&T/P to simply inquire cuz it is $100 bux diff. + being limited to purchasing devices solely via (P) website, etc...
Sort of a bummer that we cant take advantage. The rep was kind enough to look at history and kindly got an approval to order the device at $199

I wasnt really pushing the 'give me or else' leave the opps open to a billing credit, or anything else of the value and they will easily sort something.
Here is the fact...They usually always do.

Also remember this, the world of strict inhouse / innetwork phones is RAPIDLY coming to a demise.
With Google phones & a billion other options to purchase better devices and cheaper from China...

You would be surprised how much the ropes are starten to loosen.

mrbogusbaxter

May 26, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
---- also forgot to mention...I was NOT even eligible for an upgrade until next Feb 2013. Again courtesy asking....sometimes Courtesy doing!

I contacted them inquiring a local Walmart ad (instore not online) offering the device for a $199.99 / 2 year upgrade.
What made this even more strange is that right in the next shopping center, there is an AT&T store (299.99)

So I called AT&T/P to simply inquire cuz it is $100 bux diff. + being limited to purchasing devices solely via (P) website, etc...
Sort of a bummer that we cant take advantage. The rep was kind enough to look at history and kindly got an approval to order the device at $199

I wasnt really pushing the 'give me or else' leave the opps open to a billing credit, or anything else of the value and they will easily sort something.

Also remember this, the world of strict inhouse / innetwork phones is RAPIDLY coming to a demise.
With Google phones & a billion other options to purchase better devices and cheaper from China...

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
There's always one of these threads and as usual, they are usually created by members without much of a posting history. There will be those who get it free like me, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
I called Premiere CS & they said that the $100 is already account on the $299. I wasn't able to get them to reduce it to 199.99.

EDIT:

WOOHOO, after 6 unsuccessful calls, I finally get a regular CS rep (the Premiere CS rep couldn't help me at all) that was willing to help me out. He was kind enough to give me the $100 discount but on the next bill only. He said that he see's on my account that I've been trying to upgrade to a Note 2 but keep on getting disconnected. That was the only way I could get $100 off the 299.99 pricing.

So here's the final pricing w/ discount & credit on next bill

$270 (so I got an extra 29.99 off) w/ free 1 day shipping
w/ a -$116.57 credit on next bill

I'm so STOKED. Thank you OP, I believe in you!

Last edited:

funtimez

Nov 6, 2012
new here but have been watching the xda closely lately cuz im getting a sgn2, with that said i am not concerned of the price, money comes money goes that the way of life just like *****'s. anyway i have been monitering my premier acct with att and it hasnt ben updated since oct 27. i called again today to get some answers cuz it just says processing and its supposed to ship today but the att ***** like always couldnt help me so i said **** u ***** and cancelled my order. ill just go to the store first thing friday morn to pick my **** up. just wondering if any1 else had issues like this.

Reactions: mikdugal1

poolings

Nov 6, 2012
Congrats on the savings! May I ask which Walmart you saw the ad in? If possible, could you upload a scan? It would be nice to get some sort of savings since AT&T is reboxing the phone without the headphones and the Samsung cool box. :laugh:

justanothernoob

Jan 24, 2011
waco tx
new here but have been watching the xda closely lately cuz im getting a sgn2, with that said i am not concerned of the price, money comes money goes that the way of life just like *****'s. anyway i have been monitering my premier acct with att and it hasnt ben updated since oct 27. i called again today to get some answers cuz it just says processing and its supposed to ship today but the att ***** like always couldnt help me so i said **** u ***** and cancelled my order. ill just go to the store first thing friday morn to pick my **** up. just wondering if any1 else had issues like this.

BTW Thanks for being that guy who ruins all of the Customer Service reps for the rest of us and putting them in a bad mood because the world doesn't revolve around you....

williams3803

Aug 30, 2010
Well, I don't post much on any message boards. The only reason I actually posted here is because I actually got the deal, just a different way. I think if it helps anyone else get a better deal on the GN2 then it's worth sharing. Just sayin....

bolm86

Sep 12, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Any chance you can give us the area where the ad was run?? The zip code maybe to look up the ad on walmart's site to use for price match.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

To start off, I get a 20% discount off handsets from my company.

I spoke to multiple reps talking about how I'm considering leaving to AT&T and just getting Nexus 4 off contract and getting the T-Mobile 4G nationwide truly unlimited plan for $70 a month. I was able to get $125 worth of credit toward my bills. I was also able to get the Note II for $275 (plus additional 20% company discount) which made it $220. Free 2 day shipping and activation fee waived.

With the discounts and credits, I ended up getting the Note 2 for $95 before tax on a 2 year contract. :good::D

Last edited:

imitenotbecrazy

Nov 9, 2011
My note 1 was "junked out" by best buy. They gave me around $800 store credit (they give you their retail price which is 750+tax) and then I'm having them price match ATT outright cost of 650. I should make $100 store credit to best buy on the deal. and BOOM goes the dynamite.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATT (P) - $199.99 / Signed, Sealed...Almost delivered.
    Ya'll know the 411

Same ol..Same ol...
    Be Nice...Find an agent that will try to help you possibly save $100 bux since (P) customers can not go outside the ATT box to purchase devices..

Walmart price match $199

;)

BTW Thanks for being that guy who ruins all of the Customer Service reps for the rest of us and putting them in a bad mood because the world doesn't revolve around you....
    I was able to get mine for 199 too.

I had called customer service this weekend and asked about ordering the note II.Now since I am a premier customer I had to talk to regular CS. At the bottom of the page on the GN2 it says limited time offer: up to 100 offer. I specifically asked if this 100 discount was already taken off of the current price or if it would be applied to the 299. I had 2 specific CS reps tell me it would be off of the 299 price. So basically making it 199. I had both of them make a note on my account stating it would be 199 after the discount. So I called and talked to premier today and they tried to give me the run around about the 199 price and I told them I had spoke to multiple CS reps and they stated it was going to be 199 after the discount. I also mentioned that it should have been noted to my account. Once all was said and done the CS manager said that since I was told the price would be 199 and it was documented on my account twice they would agree to that price. So he said to pre-order it online and to call back to adjust my account the 100 bucks. I was also able to get my activation fee waived and since I was a Premier customer I got the $25 bucks off of the order. So basically I got this phone for $175 plus tax. Not too shabby!! It also had a spot when ordering to choose FED EX Next day AIR for 14.95. I opted for that and hope it will be here tomorrow. GL to those that are going to try this and I hope this thing gets here quick.

Bought mine yesterday for 199 shipped to my door. The two phones thing is a ploy, but you do have to be a longtime customer.. at least that's what the rep said.. here's a pic for the doubters.

qmJjd.jpg