[GUIDE] How to Unlock & Root & Recovery & Google Play for x920e Htc Butterfly

Search This thread

chockchip

Dec 21, 2007
Kaohsiung City
Hi i would like to know how can i update new OTA update?

i have HTC x920d unlock boot and rooted, I got OTA but i could not update, it gave me error.

:confused:

chockchip

Dec 21, 2007
Kaohsiung City
Re: [GUIDE] How to Unlock & Root & Recovery & Google Play for x920e Htc Butterfly

no OTA yet for Malaysian x920d dunno bout other countries tho...:confused:

ygyna7ug.jpg

This is OTA in Taiwan but i cant install it. Everytime it restart into recovery. :(

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

actowbow

Jan 17, 2013
Ouch.....I am stuck with my X920e....bought in China working here) and thought I can get help to install google play station when I am back in Malaysia. X920d comes with expendable microSD, NFC?

actowbow

Jan 17, 2013
X920D come with expandable microSD but no NFC if i am not wrong. I dont see any NFC function tho....

X920e comes with NFC and few preloaded Apps loaded with along with Chinese merchant bank Apps etc. I turn ot off anyway since I cannot read Chinese. With 16G internal memory and WITHOUT expandable microSD for X920e is for amateur, may daughter will know how to use up 16 GB easily with her cartoons movies. Anyway, this phone is half smart without Google Play Store, many Apps I used too are not in the Chinese HTC marketplace and even if with one, they are in Chinese or if you have downloaded, while in China, say Facebook not only you cannot operate them but any update including Tango (social network) that with url links cannot be updated. Half smart phone with less than half smart decision buying this X920e in China really made me devastated.

In other words, there is no original software than can be loaded to replace X920e in Malaysia since Malaysia version is X920d? Did you get free HTC Media Link HD when you bought yours in Malaysia?

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Yes is X920D i bought it on first day launch ;)

still find a best way to root this Amazing phone .. if i success to do so i will post it here ..fingers cross :D

with the following software, does it says rooted?

Android version 4.1.1
HTC Sense version 4+
Software no. 1.0.0.X920e
HTC SDK API level 4.64
HTC extension version HTCExtension_Sense45_4
Kernel version 3.4.10-g095d75c root@abm009 #1 SMP PREEMPT
Baseband version 3A.22.306.10_10.07.1060.04D
Build number 1.10.1400.1 CL146273 release-keys
Browser version WebKit/534.30

still find a best way to root this Amazing phone .. if i success to do so i will post it here ..fingers cross :D

bro..X920D Malaysia can be rooted with this method..as I have rooted my device with this method..but the only problem is SuperSU is in Chinese..hehe..n I dont read chinese..

Reactions: mccmjoon76

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Likewise worked for my X920d, switched straight over to Virtuous ROM, since my OCD couldn't take having SuperSU in a language I can't read (even though it was working fine). Any chance of a version of the Root package here with english SuperSU included instead? I'm sure people who want to stay stock with Root would appreciate it.

enyaj

Jun 26, 2006
General Trias
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
Likewise worked for my X920d, switched straight over to Virtuous ROM, since my OCD couldn't take having SuperSU in a language I can't read (even though it was working fine). Any chance of a version of the Root package here with english SuperSU included instead? I'm sure people who want to stay stock with Root would appreciate it.

How high can your benchmark go with Virtuous
? I can only go 17k+ but with stock I got 21k

mccmjoon76

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
bro..X920D Malaysia can be rooted with this method..as I have rooted my device with this method..but the only problem is SuperSU is in Chinese..hehe..n I dont read chinese..

Ha ha thx for the confirmation bro :D

And its full root or semi root ( means when u reboot the phone u had to reroot again the phone ) ..

Will try in this few days ..

Ha ha thx for the confirmation bro :D

And its full root or semi root ( means when u reboot the phone u had to reroot again the phone ) ..

Will try in this few days ..

At 1st it was semi-root..but I had modded the method from this thread with another thread instead...I only use this thread to install the open recovery and I used another thread(the one with the GUI tool) to root. So now I got my perm root and an english SuperSu:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] How to Unlock & Root & Recovery & Google Play for x920e Htc Butterfly

I got my HTC Butterfly from China. It has got China market HTC Marketplace Chineese and lots of chinese apps and no google play store.

Searched some but got no solution and decided to start a solution for all people.

1. Unlock from HTCDEV
    2. Install Recovery
      Download x920e Open Recovery from HERE

Install via fastboot

Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    3. Gain Root Access via Recovery
      Download and copy Root file to your x920e storage . Download from here .

Reboot into recovery
      Install zip from sdcard
      Chose Root.zip
      Reboot system

Now you are unlocked and rooted. Let's install Google Play Store

BUMP NEW UPDATE !

• Download Gapps Package from goo.im or HERE !
    • Install via OpenRecovery
    • Now Reboot.

After reboot finish you can login with your google account.

Have Fun.

Ps: Only tried with X920e No idea about x920d etc.
    Ps 2 : i am cleaning china rom. I will share clean backup soon.

Added :

Full Rom Backup via Open Recovery :

http://www.multiupload.nl/XXN40NTH4L