failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)'

Search This thread

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
so.... I screwed up & wiped my dna. no recovery img, nothing left on it a side from recovery.

i have team win v2.5.0.0

been trying to use adb sideload to install another rom. my pc recognizes the phone & i get adb running. been trying this method:

going to "advanced" in recovery, then:

adb /kill-server
adb usb

starting up "adb sideload",
adb devices
adb sideload (romname)

every single time, it keeps saying - *failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *

anyone else experience this and know how to fix it?

FIXED!!!!!!!!
--------------------------

Rather then do "sideload", I just stayed in 'Advanced' and performed:

adb /kill-server
adb usb
adb push (romname) /sdcard

it successfully copied the rom to the sdcard folder, then I was able to install the rom just fine.

Last edited:

The_Virus

Jan 7, 2010
Berlin
Thanks mate! You just saved my day. :)
I had the exact same problem and couldn't get sideload to work in TWRP 2.7.0.0 on Nexus5. But simple "adb push..." worked.

ajkahn

Apr 15, 2014
so.... I screwed up & wiped my dna. no recovery img, nothing left on it a side from recovery.

i have team win v2.5.0.0

been trying to use adb sideload to install another rom. my pc recognizes the phone & i get adb running. been trying this method:

adb /kill-server
adb usb

adb devices
adb sideload (romname)

every single time, it keeps saying - *failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
adb usb

it successfully copied the rom to the sdcard folder, then I was able to install the rom just fine.

Thanks man... you just saved me a ton of trouble. Tried this on the Nexus 4 and works like a charm! :good:

Reactions: vinnyz007

jt.one

May 12, 2011
just wanted to say thanks!

for some odd reason, my twrp (even though its the latest for my nexus7 grouper) had the same flashing no status error)

used the kill, usb, and push commands to copy over 3 different zips (rom,kernel,gapps) and it all copied over ready to flash

thanks!

Reactions: evonz7

jacktackle

Jan 28, 2009
London
for me it copies the small files but my rom is 1gb plus it gives me the error 'protocol failure' can some one give me a helping hand here?
please?

daro92

Oct 8, 2011
Mostar

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
adb usb

adb devices
adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
adb usb

Thanks man. You're lifesaver :)

Reactions: Covarrubias

mahmoud hakim

Aug 3, 2014
HELP

I have htc one s somthing wrong happend turned the storage from 16 giga into 48 mega byts i cant get back my storage what to do please help me* i still can push roms but i cant because there is no storage what to do

thayl0

May 26, 2013
I have htc one s somthing wrong happend turned the storage from 16 giga into 48 mega byts i cant get back my storage what to do please help me* i still can push roms but i cant because there is no storage what to do

Can you ruu. Then do a factory restore. That should reset the partition

derekokelly

Mar 26, 2014
This does not work for me. Firstly, I tried installing Cyanogenmod by putting it on my internal SD card, then booting to recovery and installing the zip, and this did not work. So I tried to sideload it and got the error " * failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' * ". I don't know what to do. I've also tried the same with Paranoid Android but I get the same errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steviecvr

Nov 14, 2010
Belfast
This does not work for me. Firstly, I tried installing Cyanogenmod by putting it on my internal SD card, then booting to recovery and installing the zip, and this did not work. So I tried to sideload it and got the error " * failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' * ". I don't know what to do. I've also tried the same with Paranoid Android but I get the same errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Exact same problem I have, any suggestions?

koax88

May 1, 2011
try changing to usb 2.0, usb 3.0 sometimes not working with adb command.

Despiadado1

Jan 23, 2007
Michigan
much love

Thanks for saving the day voxigenboy!!! I love you man. lol

And for those that simply can't get their stupid computer to recognize the LG drivers... PDANet wins with whatever voodoo they freaking use!

Last edited:

ankitkumar.in

Oct 30, 2014

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
adb usb

adb devices
adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
adb usb

I'm sorry, that's a bit confusing.
So are u suggesting to "sideload" by:
adb /kill-server
adb usb

adb devices
adb sideload (romname)?

Waiting for your response.

Zenfone 5 a501cg (India) (WW)
Stock Recovery

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

adb devices
    adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

adb devices
    adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

Thanks man... you just saved me a ton of trouble. Tried this on the Nexus 4 and works like a charm! :good:
    just wanted to say thanks!

for some odd reason, my twrp (even though its the latest for my nexus7 grouper) had the same flashing no status error)

used the kill, usb, and push commands to copy over 3 different zips (rom,kernel,gapps) and it all copied over ready to flash

thanks!

seriously thanks mate! work like charm :good::good:

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

adb devices
    adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

Thanks man. You're lifesaver :)