[Q] new pro tab 12.2 downloading tons of stuff

Search This thread

RedBullet

Mar 31, 2010
So, set up my new tab pro 12.2 last night. This morning it seems like it is still downloading stuff.

When I look at data usage it looks like it has downloaded a total of 3G, about 2.25G just from google play store!

I know I don't have THAT many apps installed, and when I open the play store it doesn't look like it is doing anything.

Any ideas??

k8108

Jun 27, 2010
I got the 10.1 a few days ago. Today all of a sudden I got the same thing - but it was from the Samsung app store. It was all the Hanson office suite program files. I thought it was odd, myself.

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mrphil101

Apr 2, 2009
Florida
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Same here. Got new 10 in. yesterday and got it from both ends. Samsung downloaded a bunch of stuff then Google updated all the gapps crap b4 I got in to turn off auto update. After I play with it awhile, I will factory restore, TWRP recovery, and get rid of a bunch of bloat. I didn't sign up on the Samsung apps yet. Don't know if I want another user I'd to track. I rooted already. Am going to install Xposed framework.

Same here. Got new 10 in. yesterday and got it from both ends. Samsung downloaded a bunch of stuff then Google updated all the gapps crap b4 I got in to turn off auto update. After I play with it awhile, I will factory restore, TWRP recovery, and get rid of a bunch of bloat. I didn't sign up on the Samsung apps yet. Don't know if I want another user I'd to track. I rooted already. Am going to install Xposed framework.

For a new Tab after unboxing and setup is that normal, Google play will update all apps to the newest version.
After this update disable the autoupdate check by all google apps, so Google will ask you for the update.

If you make a factory reset or full wipe it will this do again.

For Samsung apps, this will only update if you create a Samsung account.
Delete your SAM account.