PDAMobiz_Wizard_WM6_G3_V.5_by_Hong.rar

Search This thread

aminsamizadeh

Jun 1, 2005
Tehran
It's been a while i'm using mun-rus WM6 which it's rom build version is 17xxxx and it's fine,all of other ROMs are 15xxxx build and don't have much different in performance and types of bugs.

Vilem

May 23, 2006
Brno
Can someone post the MS build number from the ROM?

It's the same as V1 to now, it's just improved with some reg fixes, other splash-screen and some progs.

It's not bad, loaded with stuff, ringtones, todaythemes etc.

It's a ROM for the lazy people, like me, although I'm using now the mUn's fixed version which is good..

It's the same as V1 to now, it's just improved with some reg fixes, other splash-screen and some progs.

It's not bad, loaded with stuff, ringtones, todaythemes etc.

It's a ROM for the lazy people, like me, although I'm using now the mUn's fixed version which is good..

Im still working on the ultimate fixed version of mUn's rom. Getting a little frustrating. LOL

lolek5

Mar 19, 2006
Yeah that's funny, "tired of WM6 ROMs" :)

I flashed V.5 like 2 days ago and there's very little info on changes, i haven't seen any..beside Ferrari thing :)

what i noticed stuff like MMS composer, Voice dial (or voice commander) biuld's are different(older) comparing to mUn's

And there REALLY Should be some sort of guide/comparison for people who honour and appreciate work of all cookers out there, but ..just want to use SOLID Rom. knowing the differences, and having them presented clearly in a spreadsheet comparison would be most helpful.

Because there are guys wanting ALL The latest, and MOST STABLE.

At present WM6 have some serious flaws but only to people who happen to use WiFi, and MMS's(which is about 80% od wizard owners ; ) ) alot. So choosing right rom "distribution" now is next to IMPOSSIBLE, less choosing "stable" one.

Maybe "wiki" ought to serve this purpose, thus far we are stuck with "well known" cooker names producing unstable roms.

As much as i would like to thank all cookers, and community of Wizard experts, i am stuck with finding out more and more suprises after flashing each new rom distro.

Now Farias' suprised me by not being able to use contacts from sim card ..

Beside comparison of components numbers(like rom built date, prog. ver.) there should be shor explanation as of why cooker have chosen to include older, or newer version of specific soft., and next column : possible problems encountered by users..

I know that if i talk so much i should do it myself : ),
but short on time, and knowledge of figuring as to what format, type of database would be needed for "central Repository", or "future/bug" tracking wiki..

I think that it could help out rom cooks(ers: )) or us. When compiling they could make choice based on this centrall rep. of futures/problems of certain prog. versions: like battery plugin.. beta 2, or beta 3, what difference,
now it takes several hours to find out diffs., possible problems, and make concious choice: with least risk as to what WE want (in terms of functionality) and whether stability is at premium to us.

I don't agree

If you cannot do simple registry changes to show sim-contacts or cannot configure MMS you don't want to update your ROM.

Because if you cannot find the solution in this forum you probably cannot find the solution when you brick your phone.

I think this forum is for people with a bit more interest than the average phone-owner.

And in the end there is always somebody prepared to help.

dwny

May 25, 2006
CLT / BKLYN
I don't agree either.

It's not the forum's responsibility to rate and/or categorize each rom as it comes out. The threads for each rom or additional threads where users place their experiences with these roms.

Some chefs create basic stable roms, some stable with loads of ram, some super-fast with very little ram & etc. You choose the rom that works for you. Is there a best rom...NO; what counts is what you want and works for you.

If you just want what manufacturers give you, then you're in the wrong place.

Flashing these roms are not a right....it's a priveledge!!!

lolek5

Mar 19, 2006
Ok guys,
Thanks, you've got some good points, i hope you can see where i am comming from..

1. it is fact that it IS A Privilege, and to that I AM gratefull that i have right to be using it.

2. i think there is no point in wasting of time researching over and over The SAME THINGS.., that i've seen for last year.
You(forum) can either give to users something more clear, or make them seek info over and over again, causing for stupid questions to arise, when someone may not have time to read through 64 pages of...\
and that's just one thread...

3.would it hurt to spend less than 5 hours doing research, and not finding what you originally intended, of ... oh well, "time is money, so don't waste it honey" ;)

4. ok, so it is "simple" registry edit to fix sim card not being read by wm6 contacts app. It's just that it is basic funcionality, and when it comes to "names" it shouldn't happen, I believe that most of us would be glad to beta test them for our gurus' and reprizent' Xda-DEV cookers to the world RIGHT! Yo,

5. MMS .. well, when all config is right, and i have narrowed it down to radio rom version in "synchronisation error" deal, it's hard not to be average user, or even neglecting one, when You YOURSELF are unableto fix radio rom..
less even M$oft ain't touching many problems..

is WAITING, and Wa$ting of time a solution for you? ... digging through pile of wm6 roms to find one with LEAST Errors../ after which to be left out without basic functionality expected from phone..

i think comparisons and central database would make 4 all of us one nifty time/nerve saving future..

and just so it won't look like i am NOt appreciating my privileges i am contributing to community in a meanwhile(maybe before i cook my own../ or rather uncook, ever since heat processing makes it all tasteless and leaving us with all but one option to do: use spices, and salt..

I'd like to help to to make a RAW, FRESH ROM, call it Vanille, clean. Giving some constructive feedback, helping guys like mUn, and other nottoosmart guys alike..
( ;; ) )

well, cheers to all yall! :)

dwny

May 25, 2006
CLT / BKLYN
Ok guys,
Thanks, you've got some good points, i hope you can see where i am comming from..

1. it is fact that it IS A Privilege, and to that I AM gratefull that i have right to be using it.

2. i think there is no point in wasting of time researching over and over The SAME THINGS.., that i've seen for last year.
You(forum) can either give to users something more clear, or make them seek info over and over again, causing for stupid questions to arise, when someone may not have time to read through 64 pages of...\
and that's just one thread...

3.would it hurt to spend less than 5 hours doing research, and not finding what you originally intended, of ... oh well, "time is money, so don't waste it honey" ;)

4. ok, so it is "simple" registry edit to fix sim card not being read by wm6 contacts app. It's just that it is basic funcionality, and when it comes to "names" it shouldn't happen, I believe that most of us would be glad to beta test them for our gurus' and reprizent' Xda-DEV cookers to the world RIGHT! Yo,

5. MMS .. well, when all config is right, and i have narrowed it down to radio rom version in "synchronisation error" deal, it's hard not to be average user, or even neglecting one, when You YOURSELF are unableto fix radio rom..
less even M$oft ain't touching many problems..

is WAITING, and Wa$ting of time a solution for you? ... digging through pile of wm6 roms to find one with LEAST Errors../ after which to be left out without basic functionality expected from phone..

i think comparisons and central database would make 4 all of us one nifty time/nerve saving future..

and just so it won't look like i am NOt appreciating my privileges i am contributing to community in a meanwhile(maybe before i cook my own../ or rather uncook, ever since heat processing makes it all tasteless and leaving us with all but one option to do: use spices, and salt..

I'd like to help to to make a RAW, FRESH ROM, call it Vanille, clean. Giving some constructive feedback, helping guys like mUn, and other nottoosmart guys alike..
( ;; ) )

well, cheers to all yall! :)

Dude.....we're not supposed to have these roms.....!
This is why we have to go somewhere else to download them.
A comparison chart for something that we are not supposed to have....need I say more.
A comparison chart would be nice though but these roms don't work the same on every device.
Example: several roms were said to have incorrect values on the touch keyboard...I have never experienced this where others have.

Constructive feedback: IMO I beleive that's what everyone who installs a rom and discuss their experience is contributing to make the installed rom better. Some have mishaps and need help but a majority try to make the rom better. Not everyone can create cab files and discover what reg edit is best...those who can supply while those who can't, test.

If you start a comparison chart, I'll join in. PM me with what you got.

As far as making a clean rom....I'll help with that too.
Orwells WM6 is a clean version....that's where alot of these roms originate from.

You and I, we have our own opinions and are able to discuss them, thats what makes a forum.

mfrazzz

Sep 12, 2006
Falcon, Colorado
As far as making a clean rom....I'll help with that too.
Orwells WM6 is a clean version....that's where alot of these roms originate from.
Now that I've been on Faria's "the real thing" and mUn's, I don't think I could go back to any of the previous WM6 roms. MBE was decent after a lot of tweaking, but these two new ones are far above more complete and stable than anything I had previously.

I'll wait for the Faria vanilla and the nottoosmart stripped and fixed mUn ROM. I think both of these will be the standard for some time...

ClassicalDonkey

May 5, 2006
Leeds
You know what i would say the same, as close to the top. What is so different from all the WM6 rom really!!! We are getting 20 million new ones everyday!!!

I am running faria's WM6 rom, and that is the only i have flashed, cus i dont trust any other!!! Looking at what people are saying i would say it was the best cus it does not have so many problems!!!

At it is so much fun to find solutions to problems, if we did not have that we would be so bored!!! Think of your self as beta testers for Mircosoft!!! Cus they dont do any work but the Roms are getting so much better!

Vilem

May 23, 2006
Brno
I tested/flashed all ROMs uploaded on my Folder (IW25NT), so at least I know what I'm talking about.;)

Vilem

May 23, 2006
Brno
And I'll keep on doing that, if I don't like I'll just restore the old setup.

What is annoying here lately, is that if someone posts a ROM, you'll either get all kinds of remarks how bad this ROM is (if it is not from 1 of our XDA Xprts), or remarks like before posted.

That one of the reason's why I stopped posting if I updated my Folder.

I'll continue to upload, just look ones in a while.