5,399 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,976

By designgears, Inactive Recognized Developer on 21st July 2010, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2010, 04:11 AM |#531  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 418

More
It's working, leave it plugged in until it finishes doing what it's doing. When it is finished it will reboot your phone and power back on. It takes a little time so don't panic, you're doing fine. Is there a blue status bar on the phone? Is Odin doing other processes? If so you are good. Again do not turn off the phone or disconnect it while Odin is running.

1st September 2010, 02:17 PM |#532  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamonkey

yeah sadly it sounds like you got the same problem i did a few pages back. tried all the methods listed and like you, it just sits there dead as dirt right? i go into warranty in the next few days *i cant exchange it because i bought it off someone else and am still in the 30 day trade in period* so i guess do what im and do a mail exchange...unless your in the 30 days which is excellent.. just bring it in and they will give you a new one

Yeah thats exactly whats happening with my captivate, and I am also in the exact same position as you as far as phone exchange as well, just wondering are you doing a mial exchange with AT&T or Samsung I am buying a new phone today but would like to exchange this brick if possible. thanks again
1st September 2010, 02:24 PM |#533  
OK
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moswen

Yeah thats exactly whats happening with my captivate, and I am also in the exact same position as you as far as phone exchange as well, just wondering are you doing a mial exchange with AT&T or Samsung I am buying a new phone today but would like to exchange this brick if possible. thanks again

pretty sure its att as they are the ones i called and got all the info from. they will pretty much just ask you to check the power, battery, and then confirm its not water damaged. course if you can do it in store and have a recipt *i dont* they wont even care..they about handed me a new phone except they obviously couldnt find the purchase in my name lol
1st September 2010, 02:42 PM |#534  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techmik67

Try this guys...... ALWAYS works for me Odin open, files chosen, only thing left to do is click START....... with phone OFF(!!!) hold BOTH volume buttons, then while holding them, insert usb cable....... 2 secs you should be in download mode. Then click START in odin's window. Works for me.....

As for all the probs with recovery mode, get a program called quick boot from the market..... works great!

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I have tried that a 100 times (maybe a little exagerated) by now, but yeah the Galaxy S phones can't be bricked thing is feeling like a myth to me. thanks for the help
1st September 2010, 02:46 PM |#535  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamonkey

pretty sure its att as they are the ones i called and got all the info from. they will pretty much just ask you to check the power, battery, and then confirm its not water damaged. course if you can do it in store and have a recipt *i dont* they wont even care..they about handed me a new phone except they obviously couldnt find the purchase in my name lol

Thanks I will give them a call
2nd September 2010, 02:25 AM |#536  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, I was downloading the rar since it was the most compressed, but megaupload free is horrible. I have a rapidshare account and would gladly post a mirror for you
2nd September 2010, 09:08 AM |#537  
Flag Somewhere, lost in time....
Thanks Meter: 176

More
what do I do if I can only boot to the recovery screen?? I cannot boot to download for some reason? Thanks
2nd September 2010, 10:43 PM |#538  

More
for those of you that are still stuck at the phone!computer screen:

go to page 1 of this thread and use "Method 4" -- i was having the same problems with odin not doing anything or sometimes not getting into download mode.

METHOD 4 WORKS FLAWLESSLY (assuming you were never running non-stock/att ROM... i couldnt say if coming from something else would cause issues).
3rd September 2010, 04:58 PM |#539  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Im returning to stock again and odin 3 is stuck on "File analysis" The first time I did this it was quick. Im working and have just let the phone and program sit and nothing is happening.

Should I close Odin and try again?

Closed Odin and rebooted phone. Making progress now, passed File analysis real quick went to set PIT file and "do not turn off target" and holding there. Overall taking longer than the first time its kind of weird.
3rd September 2010, 07:38 PM |#540  
Flag Columbus, OH

More
after 10 hours and 54 pages i am convinced that you can brick the captivate. I have tried every method posted and let it boot loop the phone/pc screen up to 20 times before releasing the power button and no dice. pulled the battery, sim, sd and plugged it into the wall then reinserted the battery....still get that annoying screen. guess i'm off to the att store
3rd September 2010, 10:25 PM |#541  

More
I'm confused. Is this (The Odin3 one-click downloader) the best way to return a phone to stock?

I would like to return my phone to stock, but I'm not sure what to do. Here is my concern. I got the phone (my first android phone) and rooted it right away, it was before any of these one click roots were out, so it was a little more involved. I then installed titanium and deleted a fair amount of the att bloatware. That is the extent of what I have done to the phone.

My concern is that I would like to install the official update of 2.2 when it comes out later this month, and I am afraid that because the phone is rooted/I've deleted att stuff, something might go wrong. Is this a legitimate concern? If not, it seems like I shouldn't worry about returning it to stock for now, as too many people are still having problems with this...

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)