Android firewall with different setting for different WIFI

Search This thread

khaeid

May 9, 2007
Berlin
www.hazem-mastering.com
Hi, I use normal home wifi, and mobile wifi with DATA PLAN when I'm out, is there an application where we can set different access restriction for each one???

That is different settings for: DATA / WIFI xxx / WIFI yyy, or just treats certain WIFI Hotspots as Mobile Data like in some new JellyBean Data restriction

Please feel free to move this thread to the appropriate section

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Hi, I use normal home wifi, and mobile wifi with DATA PLAN when I'm out, is there an application where we can set different access restriction for each one???

That is different settings for: DATA / WIFI xxx / WIFI yyy, or just treats certain WIFI Hotspots as Mobile Data like in some new JellyBean Data restriction

Your question is confusing. You would use your home router settings to set restrictions and encryption keys and Android settings in the Wifi Hotspot area to set the WEP key and restrict which devices can access your phone's mobile hotspot.

Or did I miss your question?

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010

Android Firewall from the play store will do the trick, but only for WiFi and data. There is no app that'll let u set restrictions for multiple WiFi access points, sorry

khaeid

May 9, 2007
Berlin
www.hazem-mastering.com
Your question is confusing. You would use your home router settings to set restrictions and encryption keys and Android settings in the Wifi Hotspot area to set the WEP key and restrict which devices can access your phone's mobile hotspot.

Or did I miss your question?

I mean restrict applications from accessing the net, like Droidwall