[Q] Stuck in fastboot Kindle Fire p48wvb4 model

Search This thread

Obarryon

Apr 4, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
I used a fastboot cable to attempt to load a factory ROM to a Kindle Fire model p48wvb4 in order to fix some flakiness I had with the device, and now I cannot boot, as the device goes to the fastboot screen whether the cable is connected or not. I got this device used, and was under the impression that it was a 2nd gen HD but maybe it is HDX.

Anyway, I used KF First Aide to attempt to load 10.2.3 on it, and everything appeared to operate fine. However it reboots directly to fastboot screen, and I cannot find a way around this. I've done the power switch reset thing, have redone the KFFA load several times, and nothing helps. As you can see in the second picture, the Fastboot screen comes up without any cable attached to the device. The first photo shows the result of flashing with KFFA.

Please help!

Attachments

• kffa.png
    kffa.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 59
  • CAM00123.jpg
    CAM00123.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 66

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I used a fastboot cable to attempt to load a factory ROM to a Kindle Fire model p48wvb4 in order to fix some flakiness I had with the device, and now I cannot boot, as the device goes to the fastboot screen whether the cable is connected or not. I got this device used, and was under the impression that it was a 2nd gen HD but maybe it is HDX.

Anyway, I used KF First Aide to attempt to load 10.2.3 on it, and everything appeared to operate fine. However it reboots directly to fastboot screen, and I cannot find a way around this. I've done the power switch reset thing, have redone the KFFA load several times, and nothing helps. As you can see in the second picture, the Fastboot screen comes up without any cable attached to the device. The first photo shows the result of flashing with KFFA.

Please help!

Even though the script says it completed it didn't. It was much to fast of a process. KFFA is a great tool but it needs a update. You will need to get a fastboot cord. Try this tool to restore http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2035047

Edit: You're running firmware for a Kindle Fire 2. You may want to post future questions for that tablet in that area. Not that I can't answer them but you don't want to be directed to the wrong tools.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited: