[Q] Dell Aero

Search This thread

redbluff

Feb 2, 2006
The company I work for has received some Dell Aero's for eval. We mostly have iPhones and WM devices deployed. I have been playing with the Aero. Interesting device. Has anyone been able to get side loading done on the Aero? Also there is not toggle 2G/3G option so I cant force it to 2G.

While the phone has it's issues I would like to get some other apps loaded on it.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

antoniolcrd

Jan 17, 2008
Bsb, Df
ROM Or update

Hello guys

would somebody tell me a thing about this device (it may be a little thing indeed):
dell aero V01B from At&t. Cant find nothing about this device. It´s not even listed in dell web on line support. Neither at&t´s. Da***d!

I appreciate n reply.

Rgds
;)

bitung

Aug 25, 2011
Bitung
Finally I'm not alone to trying upgrade :D

let's roasted this phone to the oven :D
first I'm newer in here and Linux or Android environment
but I'll try to share what I found from googling activity :D

1. Root
----------
I've tried using SuperOneClick but stuck on process. Maybe not supported for Android 1.5

Read this article for root :D

NB : there is little problem after root the system, I can't open Market Android and Gtalk app, I was Master reset back to factory setting but can't fixed this problem till now, maybe there is chomod, mount, remount and sync command line when rooting process :(

or
someone said that : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6718277&postcount=9
Items such as google apps were _not_ deliberately removed: they actually were never included. Those missing apps are not freely available and depend on agreements with Google to be added to any distro. That agreement never happened, possibly were never attempted.

2. Flashing
-----------
FYI, firmware flasing for Dell Aero is Marvell (CPU) but I don't know why there is Tavor mention when recognize session the Phone with PC (Firmware Flashing tools)

Before instalation the phone should in flash mode :
- Turn off the phone
- Press and hold all Button [Power + Back + Volume up/down + Menu + Camera]
- Flash mode came with Green Screen and some statement from Developer (c) Copyright 2008 Borqs Ltd.

Firmware flashing use this tools :

Usb Driver for recognize phone to PC (firmware flashing tools) use this :

Guide for instalation tools :

or this from Indonesia + Picture , I was translated using google :D

or from China + Picture I was translated using google translate :D

3. Build ROM
------------
Dell opensource has realease the source, Android 2.1 [Eclair] is newer source for Dell Aero :

but not ready for flashing/Upgrade must be build for some image file for flashing/upgrade, I'm still learning how to build till grab some image file for flashing :( but don't worry there is Read Me file pdf for guide this build source and googling reference well (just for me) :D

4. Miscellaneous
----------
Honestly I'm really interesting for this phone because the Hardware is nice [I guess] but not for the Old Operating System :mad:
For developer name [Borqs.com] this Operating system I was found when flashing mode chaos metode Press and hold all button [frustrate moment] and it works :D
so I search in google for that developer info and I found :
in menu of Technical Service > download > there is upgrade source but can't download [server not found] what kind developer support about that :mad:

Borqs enterprise group, there is Dell Aero picture :D

<<<< Borqs Team Leader

I was email wac@borqs.com, opensource@dell.com, liuhuadong78@gmail.com to solved this stuff specially for Flashing Firmware tools because link download above builded for another phone like Miphone, Iraptor etc from China phone that same CPU mention Marvell or Tavor [Correct me if I'm wrong] but there is no reply for almost 1 week.

Regards
Alan :)
goog04@gmail.com

Last edited:

zyawoo

Dec 17, 2011
You realy did a good job for this. My friend has one Dell Aero and he would like to upgrade to 2.x.
I did try my best to hack it but currently I still hasn't finished completely. This device could ROOTED by SupperOneClick easily. I also obtained the source code from DELL open source with release 2.1and built them sucessfully. But I wasn't able to find a good way to produce a ROM image like HTC etc as the flasher to be used for this device is different. I did try the TAVOR platform flasher that you provided but it didn't work. From the "flash mode" screen, we could see the bootloader provider is "Borqs", so I used firebolt instead. I found the firebolt is definitely a correct flasher for this device but it reconginized mff ROM file formate. As the Dell Mini i3 from China is similar with this device, so I try to download a "DELL_MINI3I_OMS1.5.ophone8_E034.mff" to flash it. But the firebolt seems block as some "IMEIBinding..." message. So I think we did need a original ROM from Dell to initial the workk first.
Because after I shell to the device with ROOT, I found it didn't have recover partition like other common device, so a original ROM would be very helpful when error occurred to restore back. The way I could try only now is manually install the 2.1 that I built with adb shell. But it would be easy to brocken.

dcnarad

Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
ZTE Axon 7
OnePlus 5
sideloading still an issue

Hello all

I rooted my device form this other post on XDA http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-643868.html

I even pulled the settings.db from /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/ and changed the install_non_market_apps to 1 but when i try to install an .apk file the security block still pops up. I dont know where else they have enabled the block.

I can install apps from the computer through adb, but I would like to install apps on the go without the need for a computer.

Thanks a bunch

vovan_r

Sep 26, 2008

1. Root
----------
I've tried using SuperOneClick but stuck on process. Maybe not supported for Android 1.5

NB : there is little problem after root the system, I can't open Market Android and Gtalk app, I was Master reset back to factory setting but can't fixed this problem till now, maybe there is chomod, mount, remount and sync command line when rooting process :(

or
Items such as google apps were _not_ deliberately removed: they actually were never included. Those missing apps are not freely available and depend on agreements with Google to be added to any distro. That agreement never happened, possibly were never attempted.

2. Flashing
-----------
FYI, firmware flasing for Dell Aero is Marvell (CPU) but I don't know why there is Tavor mention when recognize session the Phone with PC (Firmware Flashing tools)

- Turn off the phone
- Flash mode came with Green Screen and some statement from Developer (c) Copyright 2008 Borqs Ltd.

3. Build ROM
------------
Dell opensource has realease the source, Android 2.1 [Eclair] is newer source for Dell Aero :

but not ready for flashing/Upgrade must be build for some image file for flashing/upgrade, I'm still learning how to build till grab some image file for flashing :( but don't worry there is Read Me file pdf for guide this build source and googling reference well (just for me) :D

4. Miscellaneous
----------
Honestly I'm really interesting for this phone because the Hardware is nice [I guess] but not for the Old Operating System :mad:
For developer name [Borqs.com] this Operating system I was found when flashing mode chaos metode Press and hold all button [frustrate moment] and it works :D
in menu of Technical Service > download > there is upgrade source but can't download [server not found] what kind developer support about that :mad:

<<<< Borqs Team Leader

I was email wac@borqs.com, opensource@dell.com, liuhuadong78@gmail.com to solved this stuff specially for Flashing Firmware tools because link download above builded for another phone like Miphone, Iraptor etc from China phone that same CPU mention Marvell or Tavor [Correct me if I'm wrong] but there is no reply for almost 1 week.

Regards
goog04@gmail.com
anybody have files for flashing link not work:confused:

Reactions: megatalest

snoppy

Nov 13, 2009
Wrong Security Code !

Hi Everybody

i'm using Dell Aero. But i put security code my Telephone.i know code but i think when i was entering i puss wrong key. it doesn't accept code and my phone is not opening. how can i solve this problem. if it is necessary to update rom. where can i find rom and update tools.
i know to update ROM at WM.
Please Help me for solving secure key code.

Thanx

misa1995

Sep 18, 2012
And so.., does anyboby here know how to root this phone and flash the recovery mode, and after install a new version of android??????????

gurbagri

Jan 11, 2013

1. Root
----------

or

2. Flashing
-----------

- Turn off the phone

3. Build ROM
------------

4. Miscellaneous
----------

<<<< Borqs Team Leader

Regards
goog04@gmail.com

hey hi there alan, I'm gurwinder. i'm frm india. here in india online shopping websites have lured us for buying dell aero at very cheap prices, i think lot of people have bought it online. but now all of them are facing lots of problems this phone has.
1.first of all this phone has locked access to everything we can download limited apps from Google market...yes android market because its not updated version, have 1.5 cupcake version and it doesn't allow system to be update...there is no option to download update to operating system in mobile. it so it doesn't allow any root app like z4root or superoneclick to be downloaded from android market...neither we can download it on desktop and transfer it to phone...it is no use because such is not allowed to be installed in phone..
2. we seriously want to upgrade the android operating system but cant do it..
3. there is a urgent to need to root this phone because we have very limited access to rights.... it is like we are provided with a desktop with a guest account....so at&t and google have every admin rights to this phone

so i thought going online and asking for help form you guys....you guys are expert and i know you will surely help us
thanks...

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

i rooted my aero with z4root but no rom and the link are dead :crying:

how did you do that ? i cant download z4root form android market because its not present there. i cant install it externally because phone doesnt allow this....please help me

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Hello all

I rooted my device form this other post on XDA http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-643868.html

I even pulled the settings.db from /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/ and changed the install_non_market_apps to 1 but when i try to install an .apk file the security block still pops up. I dont know where else they have enabled the block.

I can install apps from the computer through adb, but I would like to install apps on the go without the need for a computer.

Thanks a bunch

i checked your link it asks to install rootexplorer but it is paid and quite costly so can u tell me any other which can do the same purpose ?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

You realy did a good job for this. My friend has one Dell Aero and he would like to upgrade to 2.x.
I did try my best to hack it but currently I still hasn't finished completely. This device could ROOTED by SupperOneClick easily. I also obtained the source code from DELL open source with release 2.1and built them sucessfully. But I wasn't able to find a good way to produce a ROM image like HTC etc as the flasher to be used for this device is different. I did try the TAVOR platform flasher that you provided but it didn't work. From the "flash mode" screen, we could see the bootloader provider is "Borqs", so I used firebolt instead. I found the firebolt is definitely a correct flasher for this device but it reconginized mff ROM file formate. As the Dell Mini i3 from China is similar with this device, so I try to download a "DELL_MINI3I_OMS1.5.ophone8_E034.mff" to flash it. But the firebolt seems block as some "IMEIBinding..." message. So I think we did need a original ROM from Dell to initial the workk first.
Because after I shell to the device with ROOT, I found it didn't have recover partition like other common device, so a original ROM would be very helpful when error occurred to restore back. The way I could try only now is manually install the 2.1 that I built with adb shell. But it would be easy to brocken.

how to install superoneclick....my android market doesnt show superoneclick in it....i cant install it externally because phone doesnt allow the external app to be installed.....please help me i really need to root my dell aero

PeLayne

Apr 28, 2011
Guadalajara
Moto G5S Plus
2.1 rom for anyone interested

I have an Dell Aero (V01B-V01B001) and like all of us want an updated rom for this cel, I found a 2.1 eclair rom for the aero in another forum and tried to flash them with firebolt, but keep geting a "status: 2-usberror" I uploaded all the files to the same 4shared account in case anyone whishes to try their luck. I suspect my failure has to do with the firmware version or maybe the imei. My firmware is BZ3G1.4_9.00 (43973)

PM me for the links since I am a new user and cant post links yet ...

PeLayne

Apr 28, 2011
Guadalajara
Moto G5S Plus
superOneClick location

how to install superoneclick....my android market doesnt show superoneclick in it....i cant install it externally because phone doesnt allow the external app to be installed.....please help me i really need to root my dell aero

SuperOneClick is not an app it is a program that should be run from you pc, you can find it at shortfuse dot org

Last edited:

Joseph_g18

Dec 6, 2009
Flashing

Dell Aero 2.1 Factory Update
I am Not responsible for bricked devices , dead SD cards, Thermo nuclear war , dead pixels or breaking your WARRANTY . Read only if know what you are doing . It can easily make your smartphone a smart paperweight.

Dell Aero a great phone with android cupcake now can be updated to 2.1 eclair .

1. Works only on windows xp so either use a windows xp PC or run virtual xp mode on windows 7 . ( Google Virtual Xp mode for windows 7 )
2. Download and install Firebolt. (http://www.mediafire.com/?f45haso0nklvfxf)
3. Enter flash mode on dell aero by pressing all buttons and holding . Power button should be held in the end . Phone should be powered off while holding button combo.
4. Connect phone via USB cable to the PC . Open device manager search for unknown device TAVOR . Update its drivers by searching the folder C(local disk):\program files\borqs\firebolt\drivers\usbdrivers\ or where you installed the files. Once done you should see an USB device named MTK bootloader in device manager.
5. Download firmware and extract it . (http://www.mediafire.com/?26b744sedds2yu4)
6. Switch off phone take out the battery.And open Firebolt and set it to look like this.

7. Press the button in red circle and select the extracted firmware file(.mff).
8. Connect the phone WITHOUT battery via USB cable to the PC.
9. Press flash(black rectangle) and insert battery together .
10. If the phone powers on in flash mode ( Green Screen with Flash Mode written on it ) let the software flash the phone. Elif try the step again.
( This method doesn't give usb error like the engineer method in which you turn the phone on flash mode first and then flash it . )
( If error occurs or flashing doesn't start try reinstalling the drivers or get the drivers signed)

UnixRo

Jul 22, 2011
Bucharest
www.ynos.ro
how did you do that ? i cant download z4root form android market because its not present there. i cant install it externally because phone doesnt allow this....please help me

z4root is not in the market for a long long time :) check google, and also check "install from unknown sources" in android settings

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

"status: 2-usberror"

i have same error.....

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

please upload files again. links are dead. i need ROM (firmware and update tool) for dell aero

check here http://dell-aero.4shared.com

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally I'm not alone to trying upgrade :D

1. Root
    ----------

or

2. Flashing
    -----------

- Turn off the phone

3. Build ROM
    ------------

4. Miscellaneous
    ----------

<<<< Borqs Team Leader

Regards
    goog04@gmail.com

1. Root
    ----------

or

2. Flashing
    -----------

- Turn off the phone

3. Build ROM
    ------------

4. Miscellaneous
    ----------

<<<< Borqs Team Leader

Regards
    goog04@gmail.com
    anybody have files for flashing link not work:confused:
    please upload files again. links are dead. i need ROM (firmware and update tool) for dell aero