Disable hardware buttons?

Search This thread

quake101

Oct 29, 2010
Is there a way to disable the hardware buttons (home, search, back, menu) on the gtab? I find myself hitting them when I don't want to.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Gregsterman

Apr 1, 2011
Thanks for the link, goodintentions. It installed and opens up great.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to use this app to actually disable the hardware buttons on the Gtab. I'm running Vegan b5.1 (with supplement) and Clymsyn's kernel v6.

I've tried setting their state to 'none' and that didn't work... also tried searching the 'action' dropdown for a 'disable' or 'none' entry, but couldn't find one.

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks.

TyIsOwned

Feb 4, 2009
You dont need to change the states, only the actions. Set it to Focus for all the home/search/back/menu you see. If you mess something up, it should allow you to restore the keys after you reboot

riaaneloff

Apr 29, 2011
Disable hardware buttons

Hi all, I downloaded the app, installed and set buttons to focus.

No joy, none at all.

Using Honeycomb, could this be the issue?

Or, does anyone know any other solution?

Reactions: iHateApples

chubb16

Nov 25, 2010
You dont need to change the states, only the actions. Set it to Focus for all the home/search/back/menu you see. If you mess something up, it should allow you to restore the keys after you reboot

That worked pretty good. Them buttons were driving me nuts would always hit them when i didnt want to.

galets

Apr 1, 2006
How do I set a button mapping to "None"? My "back" button is faulty, i want to turn it off completely. Is there a way?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Button remapper app.

In fact, here it is.
    This worked! Thank you very much.

Button remapper works great when pared with button Savior. It gives you a placable tab that when touched brings up back, home, menu and search buttons. Really handy.

Oh and I remapped my gtabs buttons to be a dpad. It really helps when selecting links online.
    Disable hardware buttons

Hi all, I downloaded the app, installed and set buttons to focus.

No joy, none at all.

Using Honeycomb, could this be the issue?

Or, does anyone know any other solution?