[ROM] HTC Droid Incredible MIUI.us v4 ICS (4-27-12)

Search This thread

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Not sure. I have been using the CM9 nightlies. I can do a backup and switch back to MIUI and let you know. I was happy with the last MIUI build, just like flashing and trying different roms.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
I've already flashed it, the lag in the home screen is horrible, I'm going to look on the miui site and see if there is a fix. Ifs such a beautiful rom now but the home screen lag..

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
No lag here. There was on initial start up but it seems to have smoothed out. Running stock kernel at this point until I notice any problems, then I may try another one. Running solid, love the animations, I recommend giving it a try. Battery life seems pretty good after calibration.

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
One thing I have noticed is some colors don't show in different areas. Status bar isn't allowing themes to change color of battery or signal (MIUI v4 themes). Also in some settings the sliders don't all show the orange color, just grey(no big deal). No force closes, wifi works, camera works. When holding your finger down on certain areas like in compose area of text message it brings up a magnified area, kinda neat. Change log states that there is a virus program that is used when downloading files? Not sure about that because I haven't really downloaded much yet. Very good ROM, thanks Mark for all your hard work.

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Perhaps you need to do a complete wipe and reinstall? I just went from the tapatalk app to the homescreen and swiped back and forth and it went quite quickly. Then pulled down notification bar with no hesitation multiple times. Good luck.

orfius christ

Mar 16, 2012
Have either of you guys experienced the issue of wi-fi not connecting because it says it has a poor internet connection?

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Perhaps you need to do a complete wipe and reinstall? I just went from the tapatalk app to the homescreen and swiped back and forth and it went quite quickly. Then pulled down notification bar with no hesitation multiple times. Good luck.

I've did a complete wipe -
CWM 5.0+
-----------
Wipe Data/ Factory Reset (x1)
Mounts & Storage > Format System > Format Boot
Then a Superwipe if I feel its needed.
I then flash the rom and reboot.

Maybe I need CWM 3.0+? Or a different recovery?
All I can say is, Cm7 and Miui period doesn't work right after reboot.

Have either of you guys experienced the issue of wi-fi not connecting because it says it has a poor internet connection?

I believe thats and issue, I have not had any wifi issues.

itsmefu

Aug 25, 2010
Ohio
I've did a complete wipe -
CWM 5.0+
-----------
Wipe Data/ Factory Reset (x1)
Mounts & Storage > Format System > Format Boot
Then a Superwipe if I feel its needed.
I then flash the rom and reboot.

Maybe I need CWM 3.0+? Or a different recovery?
All I can say is, Cm7 and Miui period doesn't work right after reboot.

I believe thats and issue, I have not had any wifi issues.

I had the same problem. I went to the developer options in settings and checked force gpu rendering and changed both window animation scale and transition animation scale to .5 . Then I flashed the incredikernel beta 2 and changed the min freq to 245 with lagfree, rebooted again and it seemed to run a lot smoother. Also a updated version was released yesterday to fix the WiFi issues.

Edit: Just checked and the newest version is 2.6.1 r2, I did a complete wipe before flashing it. http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?14979-MIUI-v4-ICS-(6-1-2012)

Last edited:

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
I had the same problem. I went to the developer options in settings and checked force gpu rendering and changed both window animation scale and transition animation scale to .5 . Then I flashed the incredikernel beta 2 and changed the min freq to 245 with lagfree, rebooted again and it seemed to run a lot smoother. Also a updated version was released yesterday to fix the WiFi issues.

Edit: Just checked and the newest version is 2.6.1 r2, I did a complete wipe before flashing it. http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?14979-MIUI-v4-ICS-(6-1-2012)

Yes you want the newest version. I think the first release was with CM9 base and it was causing problems? The second release was with Evervolv and seems much better.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga

I just did this and it works a lot better, still jerky. Not really sluggish..
I also installed this on CWM 3.0+ .

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Give it some time to settle in. It was jerky for me until I got all my apps loaded and rebooted. I have mine clocked at 1036 on stock kernel with the ondemand governor. No other enhancements done.

orfius christ

Mar 16, 2012
I got it all fixed, it was actually something ridiculous with my router screwing with the wifi and not the ROM :D

Sent from my Droid Incredible using XDA

Boostjunky

Jun 18, 2010
EDIT: Nevermind. I'm blind. Found my answer in the 1st post...

Go figure.

Last edited:

kevman8396

Apr 27, 2011
Different Look?

Does the ROM look any different than the previous one without any themes and how good does it look without applying any of the themes?

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Does the ROM look any different than the previous one without any themes and how good does it look without applying any of the themes?

Its Miui mixed with ICS. Its hard to describe you'd have to see it for yourself. I truly like this ics rom more than the original ics.

Themes technically don't work, there are a few here and there around the net.
Even though the speed was increased dramatically in the launcher it was still decently sluggish. I'll come back to this when Mark uses the new drivers.

spdracer2099

Jul 13, 2008
Force Close

For some reason, quite a few of my apps are force closing. Email, whatsapp, internet, and a few other ones. Is there an update to fix this? or a work around?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    figured id stop by and say whats up.. for those who dont know me i worked on the inc a long time ago before moving on to inc2,kindle fire, transformer prime , galaxy nexus... since i dont have my prime anymore of my kindle and the galaxy nexus build is pretty much taken care of i figured id jump back in to help mark out since he took over for me all those months.. I know we have some issues to over come. some are rom wide meaning every rom has them.. others though i should be able to squash.. I have had 2 phones since inc so i dont run it everyday so i need feedback from u guys as much as possible.. so of you may remember me if youve run miui on inc for awhile..I said a long time ago that i wouldnt let inc die as long as it can be ported. I take great pride in our site and our roms. if you run a miui on a phone and miui.us supports it , well then u can say its gonna be the best.. few things to look forward too.. toolbox is in this week, i just posted a fix for themes on twitter, working on being able to mount storage to pc right now.. also miui jb weather for US sbhould be included next week as well as google now..
    for the guy who said gb wasent great then they started porting ics and then that wasent solid now they are doing JB... well the truth is you roll with the punchs and try to stay up to date.. IMO im not going to sit around working on ICS miui when I can move up to JB with all the new **** miui is coming out with week by week so you guys can run it and fix **** as i go.. Remember im not here doing it cuz its my device im here doing it because inc is where i got my start and dont want u guys getting left behind if i can help it.. best way to get intouch with me is twitter and if you are the type that likes irc.. then freenode #miui-us is always a place im hangning out .. we try to keep conversation going so its not always about miui but we have a fun time...... see u guys later..

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

oh also im looking for someone to create a new thread for the JB build and help me in making sure it gets updated weekly and be my point man sicne i cant watch the threads all the time.. would need u letting me know if people here and having issues etc.. if no one wants to that ok too.. if u are interested hit me up on twitter @leeechmiui
    Personally i think miui sucks. Never worked really well on my droid.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

Cool party bro! Do you tell it at all the stories?
    Thanks for the two that posted the advice. I installed the ROM again to try it out more. I'm using ADW Launcher and found themes. After looking at the themes I thought they would fix the white notification drop down menu. To no avail, three themes whose pictures showed a black background was white in said menu. So far I've had 0 reboots and 1 freeze where I had to remove the battery. The freeze happened with Browser.

There are a few things I have found that I would like to share.
    • My carrier (Verizon Wireless) is always shown on the top left of the notification menu. It would be nice to customize this or either turn it off.
    • Lockscreen displays SMS notification count for Messaging. I am using GoSMS and have disabled all notifications in Messaging as well as a setting for not displaying lockscreen SMS notifications (forgot which menu I was in). Auto retrieve is also turned off but it is still retrieving. This is really annoying.
    • I cannot pull down the notification drop down menu from the lockscreen like stock Android 4.0
    • It would be great to change the settings menu and notification drop down menu to a dark background like stock Android 4.0 (4.0 is dark by default, not changeable as far as I know). Maybe there's a theme for this, let me know if so please.

That's all I have for now.

Few things to consider...v4 MIUI isn't completely officially out on the devices so the themes that are out aren't for v4 MIUI. From someone who has put together a theme for MIUI for the v4 they have changed a lot of things so the older themes don't show correctly. On my Suave HD theme for instance the notification bar is black and so is the background but on v4 it's different since the images are different now.

The notification pull down on the stock screen shouldn't be like that on the stock ICS, that is a glitch and they will be working that out to prevent that. Normal GB and below won't allow you to access the notification from the lock screen by default. Also for the "Verizon Wireless" to be changed there is a mod called "MIUI Extended Settings" developed by someone but he hasn't updated it to the v4 format. If you are using the stock lock screen it is going to always show the notification count even if you turned off the notifications, it reads it through the system a separate way instead of using the notifications in the bar to add the count
    He posted on twitter about a sneak peak on goo.

Can't find it though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app

Browse all. dev/Miui/inc

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda app-developers app
    Sir, do you possibly have said build on any online storage facilities?
    It was just a personal-use build for testing and won't be published. I layered an official desire miui port into cm9.

If you have an hour of time, you can follow this and have your own build to tweak as needed.

http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1738495.html