[TOOL] ROOT for Razr HD - Verizon XT925/XT926

Search This thread
Jul 25, 2010
Ah, yes I did. See thumbnails... there is a protected copy too. For whatever reason, voodoo won't restore the su binaries. Really odd. this all happened post 4.1.1 OTA today.

This happened to me as well. I had rootkeeper and protected version backed up and now it's not working. It says su was moved over, but nothing changes. Anyone have any idea how to get root back?

Kevlar01

Nov 8, 2012
Didn't back it up with OTA Rootkeeper. Tsk tsk ;)

You can restore to ICS and do it over, but this time protecting root. Make sure you updated the su-binary as well... My DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 in this forum section has what you need.

Mattlgroff-I had done as you outline above (originally thanks to your awesome utility, btw...thanks!) before the update and I have a protected bu, but when I hit the "restore root" button in OTArk I get a little popup that says "root su restored" but it really hasn't as far as I can tell. (TiBU says it has no root access which is how I do a quick check).

I don't want to drop back to ICS and start over until I know why it didn't work the first time. Any help appreciated!

djousma

Nov 9, 2012
This happened to me as well. I had rootkeeper and protected version backed up and now it's not working. It says su was moved over, but nothing changes. Anyone have any idea how to get root back?

My problem was user-induced problem. Binaries were not updated, but more importantly, I failed to do a temp-unroot prior to installing the OTA.

I had to go back to stock ICS, reroot, etc, and then reinstall the JB OTA, this time, root stayed.

TheAptPupil

Feb 23, 2011
I can no generate a bug report through pressing the Power+volume Up key simultaneously after 10 minutes worth of attempts. there is only the beep that tells me my volume is at max.

using RAZR HD XT925

is is necessary?

Last edited:

salada2k

Jun 22, 2008
Melbourne
I went through the whlle process. Rooted successfully on ICS, temp unroot, update OTA, restore root. Didnt work. After the OTA lost root although VooDoo has all 5 check boxes ticked, Root Checker says I have no root... Cant run any root apps. Do I have to go back to ICS now to get root? If so, how do we go back to ICS? Thanks.

beboo55

Dec 16, 2006
started it, now after 15 minutes i am still having the same message " daemon started successfully" nothing changed at all, is it normal? how long should i wait?

thanks a lot for help

beboo55

Dec 16, 2006
Problem solved and now rooted, but have new problem now, tried to update got a message that there is 6 MB available but after downloading and installing it, i got an error "update failed" any solutions please????

Technophile82

Feb 23, 2012
Hey guys, I have the xt926 Dev edition, which i've read is easier to obtain root than the standard edition. I tried the root method here, and it didn't work. Can anyone tell me how to get root for the dev edition? Bootloader is unlocked and I'm on 4.1.1. Thanks.

FunkmasterC

May 1, 2012
For people having trouble getting the "Exploit Failed" message. I fixed it eventually but I did two things and am unsure which made it work.

1) When running the batch file, I was sure to specifically hit 'Enter' when prompted to press any key
2) I uninstalled 'BusyBox Installer' and 'SuperUser' which I already had on my phone before running the batch file.

minty95

Nov 10, 2011
re installing ICS is failing, I reboot back into JB every time I think that this is due to me running a French sytem (SFR), as the other options 2 & 3 work just nicely

Any Ideas

I'm getting
preflash validation failed for CPI
Partition (boot) security vesion downgraded
Preflash validation failed for boot
Partition (systemp ) security bersion downgraded
PIV block validation for system failes
invalid PIV image : system
Failed to hab check for recovery 0x56
preflash validation failed for recovery
failed to hab check for devtree 0x56
preflash validation failed for devtree

I've added a photo of the screen that may help
http://s333.beta.photobucket.com/user/minty95/media/Razr/DSCN13521_zps5188d07c.jpg.html

So I'm still with jelly bean except I have none or very reseau, its no longer working, at the hous I'm not capturi,h anuthings, so something is broken

Also my fast boot is broken, every time I start the phone it locks into fastboot, I have to go into recover to start the phoen

Some help would be nice thanks

thanks

Last edited:

memphis060

May 30, 2009
For people having trouble getting the "Exploit Failed" message. I fixed it eventually but I did two things and am unsure which made it work.

1) When running the batch file, I was sure to specifically hit 'Enter' when prompted to press any key
2) I uninstalled 'BusyBox Installer' and 'SuperUser' which I already had on my phone before running the batch file.
I did what you recommended, but I wasn't able to make it work either... :(

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point

Curious, You DLed SU before rooting? Why?

Is anybody aware if this works w/ the XT925?

kkurtz78

Mar 14, 2011
erie
Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
  1. Download
  2. Unzip
  3. Install Motorola Drivers
  4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
  5. Plug Into PC
  6. Run The Batch File "Run"
  7. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
  8. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

**UPDATE**JellyBean OTA In order to update to the latest OTA without losing root you need to:

• Be Rooted on ICS
  • Use VooDoo Rootkeeper to do the following
  1. Protect Root
  2. Temp Unroot
  3. Take the JB OTA
  4. Restore Root

Enjoy being both on the latest and rooted. Remember, do not just take the update without doing both those two things as there is no root exploit currently available for JB.

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How to Unroot:
Thanks shabbypenguin for posting this.

You can manually unroot your Droid by using a root file manager program (such as root explorer) and mountsystem as R/W. Then delete the following:

/system/app/Superuser.apk
/system/bin/su
and if it has it
/system/xbin/su

Downloads:
Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
Root File is attached to the Post, but here are some Mirrors:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

Hit thanks if this made you happy!

Screenie:
Screenie%20of%20Razr%20HD%20Root.png

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenburg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

I followed the rooting process and i also followed the unroot process but i forgot to set file manager to r/w when i deleted the files mentioned, now i cannot get the ota update and or get root back. I dont want to get any deeper so WHAT SHOULD I DO , EASIEST??

kkurtz78

Mar 14, 2011
erie
Flash back to stock rom and try again.

Should i use this utility to flash back to 4.0.4

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Should i use this utility to flash back to 4.0.4

I'm new to rooting this phone , coming from the galaxy nexus i was a rom flashing addict. lol , Now is the bootloader unlocked on this Verizon droid razr hd? Where can i get a HOW TO on everything, from flashing roms , Do i do that through Safestrap?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Run The Batch File "Run"
    7. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    8. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

**UPDATE**JellyBean OTA In order to update to the latest OTA without losing root you need to:

• Be Rooted on ICS
    • Use VooDoo Rootkeeper to do the following
    1. Protect Root
    2. Temp Unroot
    3. Take the JB OTA
    4. Restore Root

Enjoy being both on the latest and rooted. Remember, do not just take the update without doing both those two things as there is no root exploit currently available for JB.

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

How to Unroot:
    Thanks shabbypenguin for posting this.

You can manually unroot your Droid by using a root file manager program (such as root explorer) and mountsystem as R/W. Then delete the following:

/system/app/Superuser.apk
    /system/bin/su
    and if it has it
    /system/xbin/su

Downloads:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Hit thanks if this made you happy!

Screenie:
    Screenie%20of%20Razr%20HD%20Root.png

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenburg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Charge Only Mode
    7. Run The Batch File "Run"
    8. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    9. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

Downloads:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenberg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Let me fix your post so you can see how this should look.

You dropped his paypal and never linked to his original post. This is very bad form. The person who rooted your device spent a great deal of time in doing so and deserves the recognition from doing so. not some tiny ass print at the bottom like an after thought. I mean really the creator of the root gets the tiniest font at the bottom. Terrible.

This is a proper posting FYI.

Dan (@djrbliss) has posted the root method.

http://xdaforums.com/show...05&postcount=1

Despite my strong belief that people who are interested in rooting should buy devices with unlocked bootloaders instead of expecting the magical hackers in the sky to give out free exploits (which are in short supply), I'm once again continuing to encourage bad behavior by publishing another root exploit:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail2go_windows.zip

Instructions:

1. Download and extract the entire zip file.

2. Ensure your device is connected via USB and that you have installed the latest ADB drivers from Motorola.

3. Double-click "run.bat" and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. The exploit will ask you to press a button combination at one point.

If the exploit prints an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions and try again.

This exploit should work on the Razr M, Atrix HD, Photon Q, Razr i (you might need to replace some of the binaries with x86 versions?), and the upcoming Razr HD.

Paypal:
    http://goo.gl/zBGb0
    Thanks a lot! it seems to work , but is there any way to check that the phone is really rooted?

There are some apps in the market for that. Search for "root checker"

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
    You can't install a custom recovery (cwm) and then ota to JB. It has to be completely stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2