[WIP] Firefox OS for jewel [NEED DEVS]

Search This thread

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
This is a WORK IN PROGRESS not a functional rom. I am requesting help and input from any and all developers wishing to help bring the Firefox OS to the HTC jewel. So far I have created the necessary changes to config.sh, created jewel.xml (currently updating branch calls for device particulars).
All help is welcomed, you can start here- https://github.com/jamieg71/B2G.git
my B2G manifest is here- https://github.com/jamieg71/b2g-manifest.git
Hit me up on Gtalk if you would like to contribute, all help welcomed!

Please keep non developmental related chatter to a minimum. Promise as soon as something Alpha worthy is achieved it will be posted.

example-apps.jpg
example-music.jpg

Last edited:

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
Looks sweet

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Currently needing to revert device files (device/htc/;jewel, msm8960-common & kernel/htc/msm8960) to an ICS branch as rest of build environment is set-up for 4.0.4 from mozilla. Should be easy enough, tracking down all device specific commits since JB may be more of a challenge.

Reactions: Riff76

thicklizard

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2011
Crown Point
Currently needing to revert device files (device/htc/;jewel, msm8960-common & kernel/htc/msm8960) to an ICS branch as rest of build environment is set-up for 4.0.4 from mozilla. Should be easy enough, tracking down all device specific commits since JB may be more of a challenge.

Not 100 percent sure but I think this was the branch based off of ICS

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960.git

It doesn't have built in wifi drivers so you will need to use the prima_wlan module from a 2.13 base rom

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
Not 100 percent sure but I think this was the branch based off of ICS

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960.git

It doesn't have built in wifi drivers so you will need to use the prima_wlan module from a 2.13 base rom

Right on, I just created the branch "master" and checked it out in local directory, which has allowed the build script to run, so this is a step forward. Was the CM branch for ICS kernel "android-msm-jewel-3.0"? Your link pulls the msm8960 kernel git but defaults to the jb branch. Lol

Sent from my EVO

Edit: I have a @$$ load of commits to push, anyone cloning project check for recent commits relevant to allowing build process to begin. Fixing errors now 1x1..

Last edited:

thicklizard

Jul 8, 2011
Crown Point
Right on, I just created the branch "master" and checked it out in local directory, which has allowed the build script to run, so this is a step forward. Was the CM branch for ICS kernel "android-msm-jewel-3.0"? Your link pulls the msm8960 kernel git but defaults to the jb branch. Lol

Sent from my EVO

Edit: I have a @$$ load of commits to push, anyone cloning project check for recent commits relevant to allowing build process to begin. Fixing errors now 1x1..

Yes jewel 3.0 was the branch I copied the url from lol must have reverted back

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
Error here- http://pastebin.com/ZqEbDZWt

What I don't get, is there have been several errors I vhave worked through, all related to files that needed to be extracted from the "extract-files.sh" script which calls on "proprietary-files.txt" in the jewel device folder. Up to this point it has only been necessary to add the name of a given file ie; libril.so, to the proprietary-files.txt, and be sure that there is a call for it in "jewel-vendor-blobs.mk" and it has accvounted for the error. Not with the above linked error. I wouls think I can cancell out any calls related to camera, as they are not necesssary to getting a bootable build, just not sure where to cancell the camera from the build. Can anyone lend sopme insight into this?

Edit: fixed :)
Edit2: Whoever it was at CM that thought it was "cute" to add everything the way they did for frameworks/native rather than stick to frameworks/base is most likely responsible for an increase in sales of alcohol world wide... BUUURP

Last edited:

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
Just tried and wouldn't install keep getting failed error status 6 I wiped system,data and both caches using rm rf do I have to install it a differnt way???

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
I agree. But sadly I don't meet the specs required to do it. So only option haha.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Nah, you don't have to meet specs man, fork my git (hold off till I get it caught up), mod files, push back to your repository, I'll pull any commits, run them and then add all confirmed commits back upstream. Would love to have your help with this man, shoot, would love to have any help, ANYONE (thanks tro ya'll that already have!) want's to offer. You know me man, I'm just here to learn, screw the glory.

Sinistertensai

Oct 10, 2010
Boston
Google Pixel 6
Nah, you don't have to meet specs man, fork my git (hold off till I get it caught up), mod files, push back to your repository, I'll pull any commits, run them and then add all confirmed commits back upstream. Would love to have your help with this man, shoot, would love to have any help, ANYONE (thanks tro ya'll that already have!) want's to offer. You know me man, I'm just here to learn, screw the glory.

same here dude, just seems people ego's are halting stuff. if I start speaking my mind ill be xda's most hated developer. just for the shear fact that I'd tell it how it is.

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
same here dude, just seems people ego's are halting stuff. if I start speaking my mind ill be xda's most hated developer. just for the shear fact that I'd tell it how it is.

Ah, but, you know.... Most people don't want truth. All you can do is go forward bubba. Ego's don't account for squat, they're intangible, they only carry the weight you afford them...
So you gonna lend a hand or what? Lol

Sent from my EVO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a WORK IN PROGRESS not a functional rom. I am requesting help and input from any and all developers wishing to help bring the Firefox OS to the HTC jewel. So far I have created the necessary changes to config.sh, created jewel.xml (currently updating branch calls for device particulars).
    All help is welcomed, you can start here- https://github.com/jamieg71/B2G.git
    my B2G manifest is here- https://github.com/jamieg71/b2g-manifest.git
    Hit me up on Gtalk if you would like to contribute, all help welcomed!

Please keep non developmental related chatter to a minimum. Promise as soon as something Alpha worthy is achieved it will be posted.

example-apps.jpg
    example-music.jpg
    Alright guys, I'd like to thank sgt. slaughter for his direct no non sense reply to my PM to close this thread. Ya'llz support with his matter of fact response has me convinced. Just be advised, this project is honestly above my pay grade, that dont mean I'm giving up on it. My Momma didn't raise no quitter. But I'll be honest and say I need help to make this happen.
    Soooo.... For any users that want this, make your voices heard. Donate to some guys like Deck, Toastchf or Preludedrew, and maybe pass along a hint to help out the struggling newb trying to build FFOS for the jewel. I'll do my part and catch up my commits and keep plugging away.

Also, I want to make this as clear as possible, so please pay attention. I appreciate the hell out of you folks that have donated money, it really does make me feel all warm and fuzzy. But I cant accept it. Only reason that button is there is due to my Girl's demands. Of the 100 or so dollars I've received in the past couple months, $85 of it has gone back to the guys that deserve it. Seriously here, you send me money, paypal profits, I send money to deck toast or whoever and paypal profits. Lets cut out the middle man shall we? I like Paypal too, but I think they do pretty well on their own.. That's all I got to say about that.

Now anybody that can lend me a hand or gimme a kick in the ass to help me out by all means..
    Hey guys, sorry for the absence, I got some new toys to add to my machine and have been restructuring my set up. I appreciate the offers for help and am going to take you up on it. I should be set back up tonight/tomorrow and will get the ball rolling again.

Sent from my EVO