[Q] How do I get stock Kernel question

Search This thread

cellcrazy

Feb 6, 2013
Hey all found this link http://mirrorfy.com/group/iphone-sa...re/forum/topics/galaxy-note-3-stock-firmware#
which lists all the stock firmwares for note 3s. I'm just confused on which one would I would download for my model. I'm with Telus up here in Canada, so I know it is a SM-N900W8, but they have so many listed with abbreviations for different regions. Just wondering which one I should be grabbing.

Also does firmware mean stock kernel. So I can flash this firmware on top of a ROM and get stock kernel back? Is that correct?
Thanks all

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Hey all found this link http://mirrorfy.com/group/iphone-sa...re/forum/topics/galaxy-note-3-stock-firmware#
which lists all the stock firmwares for note 3s. I'm just confused on which one would I would download for my model. I'm with Telus up here in Canada, so I know it is a SM-N900W8, but they have so many listed with abbreviations for different regions. Just wondering which one I should be grabbing.

Also does firmware mean stock kernel. So I can flash this firmware on top of a ROM and get stock kernel back? Is that correct?
Thanks all

Have you flashed any custom roms? If not, you have stock kernel...
Stock rom - Original/samsung provided rom
Custom rom - anything that has been modified...

You need to do some SERIOUS reading BEFORE you decide to start flashing or you are going to end up with a very expensive paperweight...

Reactions: cellcrazy

cellcrazy

Feb 6, 2013

You need to do some SERIOUS reading BEFORE you decide to start flashing or you are going to end up with a very expensive paperweight...

Thanks for replying ultramag

Sorry should have been more clear, yes I have flashed a custom - I'm just getting the SE Android Enforcing message on boot up and read that I can get rid of it if I flash a stock kernel.

Although I can't find any information that says if that message is ok to live with?

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Thanks for replying ultramag

Sorry should have been more clear, yes I have flashed a custom - I'm just getting the SE Android Enforcing message on boot up and read that I can get rid of it if I flash a stock kernel.

Although I can't find any information that says if that message is ok to live with?

What was your original firmware, original region?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
That message is perfectly fine on custom kernels. It's just because it's not signed by Samsung is all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks all