HELP... no rom and no ADB...

Search This thread

pavedwaves

Dec 21, 2011
Hey there I just rooted my phone via the htcdev method. After I used mike 1986's guide to upgrade firmware, which involved relocking the device. I successfully installed the latest firmware and re unloocked it with htc dev again. Now is where I'm stuck. I've wiped the phone completely, so no rom to boot to. Fastboot commands word but ADB will not... I have tried installing drivers with the sdk manager and htc sync... but no luck.

What can I do from here.
My hboot is v. 1.56. it is unlocked and s-on currently..

Thanks so much if you can help!!!!

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hey there I just rooted my phone via the htcdev method. After I used mike 1986's guide to upgrade firmware, which involved relocking the device. I successfully installed the latest firmware and re unloocked it with htc dev again. Now is where I'm stuck. I've wiped the phone completely, so no rom to boot to. Fastboot commands word but ADB will not... I have tried installing drivers with the sdk manager and htc sync... but no luck.

What can I do from here.

buy a USB OTG cable. it is a micro usb(ur charger) port to a full usb. put the zip file for the rom of ur choice and flash the rom through TWRP recovery. If u want an HTC Sense rom, use Android Revolution HD 41. Go 2 the development forum and download the rom from there

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace

What can I do from here.

Hi you are able to flash TWRP. So, you just need to boot in recovery, connect to a computer, mount storage and drop a custom rom to the storage.
There's also an adb sideload method on twrp that will let you transfer a Rom easily. Google it