Search This thread

AmatuerAppDeveloper

Jan 12, 2014
Yateley, Hampshire
Basically i want to temporally distance myself from my current apps and focus on something new and worth doing but i just can't think of something new and unique to create.

I also wouldn't mind either joining an open source project or just creating one but even then i wouldn't know what I'd like to do.

So i was just wondering if any of you fellow members and devs can think of any apps that you've either always wanted or just something you'd use everyday.

If you comment then bare in mind that despite developing pretty much everyday since, i have only been developing since around September last year....

So yeah any suggestions would be great as I'm pretty much out of idea's.

SimplicityApks

May 26, 2013
Aachen
Basically i want to temporally distance myself from my current apps and focus on something new and worth doing but i just can't think of something new and unique to create.

I also wouldn't mind either joining an open source project or just creating one but even then i wouldn't know what I'd like to do.

So i was just wondering if any of you fellow members and devs can think of any apps that you've either always wanted or just something you'd use everyday.

If you comment then bare in mind that despite developing pretty much everyday since, i have only been developing since around September last year....

Go for a walk in the park or forest on a nice day and you'll get some ideas ;) I have a list of a about ten apps or libraries I could start doing when I someday will have some time...

But if you're going open source, I don't mind to share some ideas:
What could be fun (but not extremely useful) would be an app centered around orientation, which allowed you to set orientation per app. Or just turning off lockscreen auto-rotate on lower end devices can speed things up a lot.

One thing I'm eager to find out if its possible (but will probably never get time to do it) is an app which forces a live wallpaper to be scrollable. Not a launcher, but maybe a live wallpaper itself which acts as a llayer above and loader for the real live wallpaper. It would just have to fool the display size in some way and then move the surface around on touches. Don't know if that is realistic or in any way fast.

One more exceptional idea, how about an app which monitors the currently running services an allows you to set notifications when a particular app starts a service (Facebook, etc) to see if a service consumes too much battery or runs unnecessarily.

Last but certainly not least, I would love to see an open source library which mirrors the Google Keep (now its called Notes isn't it?) like reminder time picker. I don't mean the standard time picker, but the two spinners to add a reminder tomorrow afternoon or next Monday for instance. I was thinking about doing that myself and already have an app idea using it, but probably won't have time for it.

Hope that helped and at least got you some aspects and directions to look into ;)

Reactions: Gagan3019

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Go for a walk in the park or forest on a nice day and you'll get some ideas ;) I have a list of a about ten apps or libraries I could start doing when I someday will have some time...

But if you're going open source, I don't mind to share some ideas:
    What could be fun (but not extremely useful) would be an app centered around orientation, which allowed you to set orientation per app. Or just turning off lockscreen auto-rotate on lower end devices can speed things up a lot.

One thing I'm eager to find out if its possible (but will probably never get time to do it) is an app which forces a live wallpaper to be scrollable. Not a launcher, but maybe a live wallpaper itself which acts as a llayer above and loader for the real live wallpaper. It would just have to fool the display size in some way and then move the surface around on touches. Don't know if that is realistic or in any way fast.

One more exceptional idea, how about an app which monitors the currently running services an allows you to set notifications when a particular app starts a service (Facebook, etc) to see if a service consumes too much battery or runs unnecessarily.

Last but certainly not least, I would love to see an open source library which mirrors the Google Keep (now its called Notes isn't it?) like reminder time picker. I don't mean the standard time picker, but the two spinners to add a reminder tomorrow afternoon or next Monday for instance. I was thinking about doing that myself and already have an app idea using it, but probably won't have time for it.

Hope that helped and at least got you some aspects and directions to look into ;)