[Completed] [Q] help I deleted an important system app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Jun 3, 2014
Hi,about last week I deleted this "package access helper" system app.and since then I have not been able to install apps.it shows app not installed.and also my app manager shows just the ash coloured box where it is supposed to show my memory space both on the sdcard and internal memory.after seeing all this my first resort was to format the fone but it didn't work so now I don't have any root explorer.
P.s.the droid is rooted and on stock rom 4.2.2.please help me and sorry for my bad english

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
@johnny phantom Can you please do a factory Reset ? Or better yet, reflash Stock firmware you had before this ?

Otherwise if possible, please extract the missing APK from the Stock Firmware and install in the phone.

Jun 3, 2014
@johnny phantom Can you please do a factory Reset ? Or better yet, reflash Stock firmware you had before this ?

Otherwise if possible, please extract the missing APK from the Stock Firmware and install in the phone.

hi.thanks for replying to my post
I already factory resented and apps still didn't install
I have the apk of the system app and I have tried installing but it won't.I was told that the function of the system app I deleted is for installing apps(package access helper) so I don't think I can install it as a normal app.if u were talking about installing with ADB please can you guide me through?

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Move the App APK to /system/app folder then reboot to Recovery. Once in Recovery, wipe Dalvik and Cache then you are good to go.

Jun 3, 2014
thanks bro.but I don't have file explorer anymore should I use ADB.if so please type the commands I should type the app is on my sdcard..or show me a link to a thread that explains how I can move it using adb.once more thank you very much

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
You can visit the XDA University Tutorial {Tutorial} (Basics of ADB) For Beginners Part-1

That should get you started on the details of Pushing files via ADB PUSH Command.

The Mission of Assist Forum as exemplified by the first two Posts on this forum is,

The mission of XDA Assist is to provide basic help to those who have tried searching but can't find what they are looking for and need assistance. This is not a "helpdesk" providing technical assistance but more to point you in the correct direction with your problem. Perhaps you can't find posts on how to root your phone, install custom recovery or maybe you have questions about how to navigate and use features on the site.
So I apologize but I won't be able to help you with the specifics. You can post on the forum for your devices' Q&A Sub Forum for more detailed help by others.

Jun 3, 2014
thanks.I lld try and get back to you..and I don't have cwm recovery so would factory resetting do the trick of clearing dalvik cache

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Yes it might. You might want to explicitly wipe Dalvik and Cache in Stock Recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.