Note 10+ unlocked Tmobile issues

Search This thread

dia_naji

Aug 29, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Just got my note 10+ and I'm absolutely loving the phone, but the service on the unlocked phone isn't to good. First off when i make a phone call it doesn't stick to LTE it goes to H+. When i hang up the phone it takes forever to switch back to LTE. What's the issue? Maybe because I transferred my data from my note 9?

Last edited:

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
What else are you seeing besides the lte any issues with wifi calling/volte/video calling/visual voice mail?

dia_naji

Aug 29, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
What else are you seeing besides the lte any issues with wifi calling/volte/video calling/visual voice mail?

Wifi calling works. I have really never used visual voicemail. Volte is the biggest issue for me. Video calling doesn't work since it doesn't have the t mobile firmwire on it. I will give it 24 hours for the SIM card to be fully configured if not, I will be flashing the tmobile firmwire

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
HTML:
Wifi calling works. I have really never used visual voicemail. Volte is the biggest issue for me. Video calling doesn't work since it doesn't have the t mobile firmwire on it. I will give it 24 hours for the SIM card to be fully configured if not, I will be flashing the tmobile firmwire

was your sim in the device on the first start up?

cliffr39

Mar 28, 2006
I have the unlocked version on T-mobile also. I got the config message, it rebooted. WiFi calling does not work (test with airplane mode on then toggle wifi back on with wifi calling enabled). There is not VoLTE on the unlocked model.

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
I have the unlocked version on T-mobile also. I got the config message, it rebooted. WiFi calling does not work (test with airplane mode on then toggle wifi back on with wifi calling enabled). There is not VoLTE on the unlocked model.

getting conflicting stories the things you say aren't working others are saying they do work

Just got my note 10+ and I'm absolutely loving the phone, but the service on the unlocked phone isn't to good. First off when i make a phone call it doesn't stick to LTE it goes to H+. When i hang up the phone it takes forever to switch back to LTE. What's the issue? Maybe because I transferred my data from my note 9?

I'm using the unlocked model on T-Mo. WiFi calling and VoLTE work fine.

Only thing I noticed was the data speed seems slower. I have two lines, so I tested them side by side
I had my Note 9 (running T-Mo firmware) in one hand, and my Unlocked Note 10+ running the factory unbranded firmware in the other hand. The Note 9 was pulling 80 Mbps and the Note 10+ was pulling 60 Mbps.

Reactions: antawnm26

dia_naji

Aug 29, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I'm using the unlocked model on T-Mo. WiFi calling and VoLTE work fine.

Only thing I noticed was the data speed seems slower. I have two lines, so I tested them side by side
I had my Note 9 (running T-Mo firmware) in one hand, and my Unlocked Note 10+ running the factory unbranded firmware in the other hand. The Note 9 was pulling 80 Mbps and the Note 10+ was pulling 60 Mbps.

I factory reset my phone and everything seems to work fine. VoLte and wificalling both work. I have noticed the speed test on my tmobile branded note 9 was higher. I wonder if I flash the tmobile firmwire if i would get better service

cliffr39

Mar 28, 2006

Update. After about 2 hours the wifi calling and volte now work. Very happy

I factory reset my phone and everything seems to work fine. VoLte and wificalling both work. I have noticed the speed test on my tmobile branded note 9 was higher. I wonder if I flash the tmobile firmwire if i would get better service

If you decide to flash T-Mo firmware let me know what you find. I'm not sure I want to go through set up again just yet, LOL.

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
Have you flashed the the tmobile firmwire? Just don't want to end up with a brick lol

This where i download the firmwire https://samfrew.com/download/Galaxy__Note10+__256GB__/c3pb/TMB/N975USQU1ASGO/N975UOYN1ASGO/
Yes I flashed the t-mobile firmware but from sammobile https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-10-plus/firmware/SM-N975U/

Everything has been running great till now. Do it only if you have experience with it and know what you are doing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: joachimi86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys...
    Actually, all you need to do is to be on the U1 firmware and then use Odin to flash the TMB CSC file.
    When you do that you have the debloated benefits of the U1 firmware with all of the Carrier features.
    This will enable the T-Mobile splash screen, Video Calling, T-Mobile 4G LTE icon, and other behind the scene carrier settings.
    (but again still being on a N975U1 base firmware)

If you flash the T-Mobile (N975U) firmware, then you have T-Mobile apps (bloat) baked into the firmware ROM.
    If you do what I just suggested you get the features enabled with ZERO bloats baked into the ROM.
    The difference in the signal that people are referring to is likely because of the CSC (Carrier Specific Code)

Here ya go. Here is the T-Mobile SH4 CSC file. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117942494
    You probably need the patched version of Odin. So here is Odin v3.13.13B_Patched: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117942500
    Easiest way is to install t-mobile firmware on unlocked version to enjoy all the benefits along with faster carrier updates https://www.sammobile.com/sams...ote-10-plus/firmware/SM-N975U/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    There are still carrier/regions for unlocked versions.
    I am not 100% why but it does no harm to get a U1 firmware based on your carrier.
    Perhaps someone could explain to me why there is a VZW, TMB, and So on U1 firmware. Since I have T-Mobile I have always downloaded the TMB U1 firmware.
    XAA is just the generic, non-carrier U1. Which again is confusing even to me but my common sense tells me that if you are using a U1 firmware, might as well get the one that corresponds to your carrier. :)

When your N975U1 is brand new, fresh out of the box, never been used. If you go through the setup without installing a SIM card. Then your CSC would be XAA/XAA/XAA. The first one indicates the current carrier, the second one is a sales code for carrier specific features, and the last one never changes. It's hardwire in to show the original version of the phone.

Now, as soon as you insert a carrier SIM card, it detects it, provisions for that carrier, and forces a reboot, wherein it installs the features necessary for activation on that carriers network.

In the instance of T-Mobile, it of course provisions for T-Mobiles supported bands, and adds WiFi calling and VoLTE (but no carrier bloat or apps). So then your CSC would become TMB/TMB/XAA. T-Mobile bands/T-Mobile specific features/unbranded device.

If you then switched that SIM to an ATT SIM, it would again provision, reboot, install. And the CSC would change to ATT/ATT/XAA.

All the XAA firmwares are identical. When you download the TMB version of U1 firmware, it just means that it pre-provisioned for TMB. No different than the regular U1 firmware and then sticking your T-Mobile SIM in it.
    How did you do it tried myself many time. Still cant get the splash screen or any tmobile features

1.Take out sim card
    2. Boot into download mode
    3. Flash U1 firmwire with all 4 files. BL, AP, CP, CSC
    4. Once it finishes it will boot up.
    5. Go back into download mode and Flash U firmwire with the TMB USR DATA. ( If you don't flash the usr data you won't get the TMobile features and the splash screen.

Note: make sure to download the correct files
    Excellent topic and thread....:good:

I too have the Unlocked 512GB variant of the 10+ on the stock Unlocked U1 firmware. (ie... I did not flash the TM firmware)

From my quick speedtests, I'm getting faster speeds vs my Note 9 and Note 8, both which are TM variants.

This is just a theory, but for those that transferred their data over to the 10+, as oppose to doing a clean set up from scratch seems to be having issues?

I always do a clean set up from scratch due to my OCD lol.... zero issues yet...

I'll keep it on the Unlocked firmware as I'll be travelling soon so I'll compare it in different environments (areas) along side my TM 9 and 8 to know for sure...

The App that I've been using for years that I'd recommend you guys check out is: Network Signal Info Pro (Get to Pro version if you can, it's cheap and the Dev is a really helpful guy.... definitely worth supporting him.)

Also, with Speedtest.net app, as some of you may know it'll show if you're connected to: Multiple or Single connection .... when comparing tests, just make sure that it's consistent by making sure it is on the same server and same "single" connection for accuracy & comparison sake.

Thanks guys for the feedback... having real world data to compare is good..... :highfive:

Test from work officeView attachment 4809378View attachment 4809379

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Nice...I too am on the stock Unlocked firmware on TM and compared to my 8 and 9 my results are the same... the 10+ is faster by 30-40%.

So you're definitively getting better speeds with the unlocked version?

This is weird since I know someone who is complaining about slow speeds on their unlocked.

The internals are completely the same as far as I know, right? MIMO 4x4, carrier aggregation etc... should all be fine with T-Mobile? Difference is the firmware.

Correct, the devices themselves are all the same with the same hardware .... the differentiating factor of course being the software to unlock the appropriate features for each carrier etc...

Wait, so unlocked phones get updates SLOWER than the carriers do?! I've always owned carrier phones until now (deal was way better for Unlocked compared to the T-Mobile variant), but I have always thought that the carrier models were updated last?

That's not definitive yet or if at all, because some of us on the stock Unlocked U1 firmware are getting faster speeds...

Also, newer isn't always better :) (update wise) ....

Is the signal actually better with the T-Mo firmware?

Not in my case along with some others....

Guys...
    Actually, all you need to do is to be on the U1 firmware and then use Odin to flash the TMB CSC file.
    When you do that you have the debloated benefits of the U1 firmware with all of the Carrier features.
    This will enable the T-Mobile splash screen, Video Calling, T-Mobile 4G LTE icon, and other behind the scene carrier settings.
    (but again still being on a N975U1 base firmware)

If you flash the T-Mobile (N975U) firmware, then you have T-Mobile apps (bloat) baked into the firmware ROM.
    If you do what I just suggested you get the features enabled with ZERO bloats baked into the ROM.
    The difference in the signal that people are referring to is likely because of the CSC (Carrier Specific Code)

Here ya go. Here is the T-Mobile SH4 CSC file. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117942494
    You probably need the patched version of Odin. So here is Odin v3.13.13B_Patched: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117942500

Don't forget to mention that doing that will break OTAs, so you'll need to manually flash updates through ODIN. Oh and, there's no real T-Mobile bloatware to speak of. A few apps you can uninstall and maybe two you can't. T-Mobile actually has pretty clean firmware on the Galaxy phones. O my thing I hate is the damn boot animation sound.

Well said... you beat me to it brother lol... thanks for uploading the firmwares ....

I'm going to stay put on the Unlocked Firmware for now and test more as I travel this coming week.... you know how we do lol.... Real world testing to know for sure and it's fortunate that we have multiple devices to do so....