[PRJ] Unbricker ROM discovered (wildcard CID and Model ID)

Did this method work for your bricked Elf or Elfin?

• Yes!

Votes: 61 50.8%
  • No :-(

Votes: 59 49.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A user of this forum, 911sniper, provided us with an HTC test-only ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2912134&postcount=735

Alternate download link:
http://www.neufgiga.com/n/50-17/share/LNK5619492127a54134b/

Alternate download link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/82315205/ea440324/RUU.html

IMPORTANT: Read the steps below before flashing!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a ROM that can potentially overwrite and/or unbrick a device with an original (non-patched) SPL. It has a wildcard for Model ID (ELF0*****) and CID (11111111).

I don't have a bricked Elf but I tested it with an original CID-locked SPL and it overwrote it and flashed a new generic HTC ROM with the following:

• IPL 2.11.1002
  • SPL 2.11.1000 MFG
  • ROM version: 2.11.0. WWE
  • ROM date: 08/14/07
  • Radio: 02.98.90
  • CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)

Here are the steps to make it work:
  1. Download this ROM from the link above
  2. Two ways to flash:
    • Rename the file to ELF0IMG.nbh if you want to flash from SD card (you must format the card to FAT32 first)
    • Put the ROM in a RUU folder that contains the RomUpdateUtility.exe. You must remove any other .NBH files in that folder first.
  3. Start your bricked Elf in bootloader mode (hold down camera button and reset). If you are using the SD card, it should flash right away.
  4. NOTE: If the device flashed successfully but is now stuck at the new boot screen, you are still ok. Now you can flash ANY shipped ROM at the bootloader (if you have an Elfin, flash only an Elfin shipped ROM) and your device will be running again. If you can't flash a shipped ROM after successfully flashing the Unbricker ROM, then make a Gold Card and follow the steps in that thread.
  5. NOTE: If the Unbricker ROM doesn't work then make a Gold Card and use it again on that card.

NOTE:
One thing I noticed is that you cannot use the white screen method (elf-uspl.exe) after you flash this ROM. If you try that, then the message "Not in use" pops up under the penguin. However, you can flash ANY shipped ROM from bootloader after this unbricker ROM has been flashed. From there, you can do white screen method and then flash the Hard-SPL/USPL/cooked ROM.

Please don't PM me about this (e.g. "I need help!" etc...), just post in this thread. I'm pretty busy these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: bacholoverman

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Hi, can u help me how to open an nbh file or anyone else
because i bricked my elf...
thank you very much

It's obvious you did not read the instructions because you are asking how to open an NBH. The steps are right in front of you in clear English. Is this how you bricked your Elf, by not reading the instructions? ;)

Anyways, rename it to ELF0IMG.nbh and copy it to a formatted SD card.

RaffieKol

Feb 23, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
con mi elfin cid bstar301 no ha funcionado.... en el modo de flasheo desde la sd no hace nada, abre el bootloaders tricolor nada mas....

It Looks Like This Guy Has A BSTAR301 Same As Me.

It Also Didnt Work For Me This What I Did

- Tried To Update To The New Rom 3.07
- This Will Brick Your Phone So It Did
- Tried To Flash From SD With This Rom(No Success)

Had To Use The GoldCard.img To Unbrick - Your Goldcard wiki Is The Best To Unbrick (Personal Opinion)

I did flash this rom just to check it out it is a Manufacture Test Only ROM So Im Sure It Can Unbrick Some Phone But Not Mine :D

pinoy85

Apr 16, 2008
It's obvious you did not read the instructions because you are asking how to open an NBH. The steps are right in front of you in clear English. Is this how you bricked your Elf, by not reading the instructions? ;)

Anyways, rename it to ELF0IMG.nbh and copy it to a formatted SD card.

I followed all the steps but it doesnt work. I just wondering if there somebody to help me how to open an nbh file because there so many nbh file cooked rom...en i wanna try it...
thanks for reply....

pdpdp

Sep 29, 2008
don't work for spl 2.26 version one

first i got a cht version black

flash this mfg and got a test version
then flash htc indian wwe(fogot that things contain spl 2.26) tri color flash got ipl 2.11 spl 2.26 tri color screen then ruu stop got error 294.

after that turn on auto tri color screen. cant' use this nbh flash again at all include tf card or ruu.

then this phone half brick.

Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I followed all the steps but it doesnt work. I just wondering if there somebody to help me how to open an nbh file because there so many nbh file cooked rom...en i wanna try it...
thanks for reply....

Why do you want to "open" the NBH? If you extract the files from the NBH then the unbricking process will NOT work (unless you want to take the OS out to make your own "cooked" HTC factory test ROM ;))

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A user of this forum, 911sniper, provided us with an HTC test-only ROM:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2912134&postcount=735

Alternate download link:
    http://www.neufgiga.com/n/50-17/share/LNK5619492127a54134b/

Alternate download link:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/82315205/ea440324/RUU.html

IMPORTANT: Read the steps below before flashing!!!!

This is a ROM that can potentially overwrite and/or unbrick a device with an original (non-patched) SPL. It has a wildcard for Model ID (ELF0*****) and CID (11111111).

I don't have a bricked Elf but I tested it with an original CID-locked SPL and it overwrote it and flashed a new generic HTC ROM with the following:

• IPL 2.11.1002
    • SPL 2.11.1000 MFG
    • ROM version: 2.11.0. WWE
    • ROM date: 08/14/07
    • Radio: 02.98.90
    • CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)

Here are the steps to make it work:
    1. Download this ROM from the link above
    2. Two ways to flash:
      • Rename the file to ELF0IMG.nbh if you want to flash from SD card (you must format the card to FAT32 first)
      • Put the ROM in a RUU folder that contains the RomUpdateUtility.exe. You must remove any other .NBH files in that folder first.
    3. Start your bricked Elf in bootloader mode (hold down camera button and reset). If you are using the SD card, it should flash right away.
    4. NOTE: If the device flashed successfully but is now stuck at the new boot screen, you are still ok. Now you can flash ANY shipped ROM at the bootloader (if you have an Elfin, flash only an Elfin shipped ROM) and your device will be running again. If you can't flash a shipped ROM after successfully flashing the Unbricker ROM, then make a Gold Card and follow the steps in that thread.
    5. NOTE: If the Unbricker ROM doesn't work then make a Gold Card and use it again on that card.

NOTE:
    One thing I noticed is that you cannot use the white screen method (elf-uspl.exe) after you flash this ROM. If you try that, then the message "Not in use" pops up under the penguin. However, you can flash ANY shipped ROM from bootloader after this unbricker ROM has been flashed. From there, you can do white screen method and then flash the Hard-SPL/USPL/cooked ROM.

Please don't PM me about this (e.g. "I need help!" etc...), just post in this thread. I'm pretty busy these days.