[DEV][SEMI-OFFICIAL][BETA-2.3] CyanogenMod 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
Hi everybody!

This is the development thread of CyanogenMod 10 (based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean) for the Samsung Galaxy R.

For general discussion and Q&A: head to this thread.

What works:
  • Mobile network (2G/3G switch and network selection as well)
  • Data connection
  • Data usage statistics
  • Audio
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Video player
  • Accelerometer, orientation, magnetic field, light, proximity, battery temperature sensors, gyroscope
  • BLN feature (you need either the free or the paid version of BLN Control from Play Store)
  • Auto brightness needs manual workaround (See later.)
  • USB mass storage, MTP, PTP
  • USB On-The-Go
  • Camera (single and panorama pictures)
  • Video recording without sound (480p SD videos work perfectly, HD ones lag)
  • Full HW acceleration with Nvidia and Samsung codecs.
  • CRT-off animation
  • Wireless tethering

What doesn't work:
  • FM radio
  • Stock sound recorder app (use an external, like MIUI Sound Recorder instead)
  • HD video recording lags
  • Moving apps to SD card
  • USB tethering
  • Maybe bluetooth A2DP (I couldn't test)
  • Maybe bluetooth tethering (I couldn't test)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ubs6x3ljk1dxrxw
Get Google apps here: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Installation method:
  • Flash CM.
  • Optionally flash Google apps.
  • Do 'Wipe data/factory reset' in recovery.
  • Reboot & enjoy.

Workarounds:
  • Auto brightness:
    According to what I read and experienced autobrightness in CM10 is not yet working properly. I have to enable light sensor filter, otherwise the brightness will only increase not decrease. It seems that using direct light sensor values is partly broken.

With the following setup, autobrightness works on my device:
    - enable light sensor filter
    - Set 'reset threshold' to something different than 'none'.
    - enable 'Allow light decrease'
    - don't modify the number of light leves (reset to default, if you changed the amount of light leves).

Semi-official work can be followed at TeamHacksung's GitHub repo (https://github.com/teamhacksung).

Screenshots can be found at this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31124743#post31124743 and later in the thread.
It has a safe kernel (emmc erase cap disabled), I patched the vibration, microphone, CRT-off animation, Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), added BLN, Wi-Fi MAC address changing and Voodoo Sound plus I added some tweaks, fixes and improvements.

Changelog:
  • 06 August 2012: Pre-Pre-Alpha build (unreleased) with 2.6.36 kernel and GB drivers at this post
  • 04 September 2012: Initial Pre-Alpha release with 3.1.10 kernel and ICS drivers
  • 14 October 2012: Alpha release with a lot of fixes (including mobile network, sound and media scanning)
  • 20 October 2012: Experimental Alpha-2 release with initial mobile data and sensors fix
  • 20 October 2012: Liblights fixed
  • 21 October 2012: New kernel with a lot of features
  • 22 October 2012: Alpha-2 release with mobile data fix, more sensors working, liblights with BLN and new kernel included
  • 23 October 2012: UMS fixed
  • 24 October 2012: New build with UMS fix
  • 10 November 2012: Beta release with camera (single and panorama pictures), HW acceleration, CRT-Off animation fix
  • 11 November 2012: Sound patch for notification sounds
  • 14 November 2012: Beta-2 release with Bluetooth, sensors, USB OTG, wireless tethering, battery history fix
  • 23 November 2012: Initial microphone, video camera and FM radio fix, red border fix included
  • 26 November 2012: Microphone and data usage stats fix
  • 27 November 2012: Beta-2.1 release with manual network selection and mobile data uncheck at boot fixed, microphone and data usage stats fix included, preliminary Wi-Fi Direct and TVOut support added
  • 14 December 2012: Wi-Fi Direct fix
  • 16 December 2012: Video recording with sound fixed
  • 23 December 2012: MTP and PTP fix
  • 25 December 2012: Beta-2.3 release with previous fixes included, noise suppression implemented. Built with semi-official TeamHacksung repos.
  • 29 December 2012: FM radio fixed (not included in the build)

Credits:

Every custom modification to devices have risks. Flash this at your own risk!

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Last edited:

parajsinghal

Sep 11, 2009
Awesome news. Great work Adam :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app

amar1548

Feb 17, 2012
hoshiarpur
I'm on leaked ics....... Can I directly flash it over........ Please reply anyone........ :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium

amar1548

Feb 17, 2012
hoshiarpur
Even this is a preview build but trust me this is scary fast..............
Waiting for working rom........

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-05-00-33-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-05-00-33-03.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 9,428
  • Screenshot_2012-09-05-00-32-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-05-00-32-41.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 9,223
  • Screenshot_2012-09-05-00-32-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-05-00-32-34.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 9,009
  • Screenshot_2012-09-05-00-32-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-05-00-32-24.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 8,812

dr.ngk

May 15, 2012
Mumbai
Hats off! This was long due and boy am i glad.keep up the good work dudes!
Eagerly awaiting for it to materialize..

hasanjaved

Mar 20, 2008
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 10R / Ace
Hi everybody!

Here is my first (non-green) CM10 build. It is very buggy, don't expect too much functionality. It's just like a preview.

What doesn't work:
- Almost everything, including: mobile network, data connection, sound, camera (even the app isn't included), wifi, bt, video player and so on...

Screenshots can be found at this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31124743#post31124743
It has a safe kernel (emmc erase cap disabled), I only patched the vibration.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?j6g156bftq9q06n

My changes have been updated to the 'jb' branch at my repo. (Link: https://github.com/Adam77Root/android_device_samsung_galaxyr/)

Superb.... Thanx buddy...:good::D

Reactions: abu46

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Just tried it, Its so smooth and nice.....

Once again thank's Adam :good:, Hope you will release the one with at least working Phone and wifi then i will use this as my daily ROM .......

F3niX

Jul 9, 2010
Hyderabad
Awesome work. Will use it if cam and data work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody!

This is the development thread of CyanogenMod 10 (based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean) for the Samsung Galaxy R.

For general discussion and Q&A: head to this thread.

What works:
    • Mobile network (2G/3G switch and network selection as well)
    • Data connection
    • Data usage statistics
    • Audio
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video player
    • Accelerometer, orientation, magnetic field, light, proximity, battery temperature sensors, gyroscope
    • BLN feature (you need either the free or the paid version of BLN Control from Play Store)
    • Auto brightness needs manual workaround (See later.)
    • USB mass storage, MTP, PTP
    • USB On-The-Go
    • Camera (single and panorama pictures)
    • Video recording without sound (480p SD videos work perfectly, HD ones lag)
    • Full HW acceleration with Nvidia and Samsung codecs.
    • CRT-off animation
    • Wireless tethering

What doesn't work:
    • FM radio
    • Stock sound recorder app (use an external, like MIUI Sound Recorder instead)
    • HD video recording lags
    • Moving apps to SD card
    • USB tethering
    • Maybe bluetooth A2DP (I couldn't test)
    • Maybe bluetooth tethering (I couldn't test)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ubs6x3ljk1dxrxw
    Get Google apps here: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Installation method:
    • Flash CM.
    • Optionally flash Google apps.
    • Do 'Wipe data/factory reset' in recovery.
    • Reboot & enjoy.

Workarounds:
    • Auto brightness:
      According to what I read and experienced autobrightness in CM10 is not yet working properly. I have to enable light sensor filter, otherwise the brightness will only increase not decrease. It seems that using direct light sensor values is partly broken.

With the following setup, autobrightness works on my device:
      - enable light sensor filter
      - Set 'reset threshold' to something different than 'none'.
      - enable 'Allow light decrease'
      - don't modify the number of light leves (reset to default, if you changed the amount of light leves).

Semi-official work can be followed at TeamHacksung's GitHub repo (https://github.com/teamhacksung).

Screenshots can be found at this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31124743#post31124743 and later in the thread.
    It has a safe kernel (emmc erase cap disabled), I patched the vibration, microphone, CRT-off animation, Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), added BLN, Wi-Fi MAC address changing and Voodoo Sound plus I added some tweaks, fixes and improvements.

Changelog:
    • 06 August 2012: Pre-Pre-Alpha build (unreleased) with 2.6.36 kernel and GB drivers at this post
    • 04 September 2012: Initial Pre-Alpha release with 3.1.10 kernel and ICS drivers
    • 14 October 2012: Alpha release with a lot of fixes (including mobile network, sound and media scanning)
    • 20 October 2012: Experimental Alpha-2 release with initial mobile data and sensors fix
    • 20 October 2012: Liblights fixed
    • 21 October 2012: New kernel with a lot of features
    • 22 October 2012: Alpha-2 release with mobile data fix, more sensors working, liblights with BLN and new kernel included
    • 23 October 2012: UMS fixed
    • 24 October 2012: New build with UMS fix
    • 10 November 2012: Beta release with camera (single and panorama pictures), HW acceleration, CRT-Off animation fix
    • 11 November 2012: Sound patch for notification sounds
    • 14 November 2012: Beta-2 release with Bluetooth, sensors, USB OTG, wireless tethering, battery history fix
    • 23 November 2012: Initial microphone, video camera and FM radio fix, red border fix included
    • 26 November 2012: Microphone and data usage stats fix
    • 27 November 2012: Beta-2.1 release with manual network selection and mobile data uncheck at boot fixed, microphone and data usage stats fix included, preliminary Wi-Fi Direct and TVOut support added
    • 14 December 2012: Wi-Fi Direct fix
    • 16 December 2012: Video recording with sound fixed
    • 23 December 2012: MTP and PTP fix
    • 25 December 2012: Beta-2.3 release with previous fixes included, noise suppression implemented. Built with semi-official TeamHacksung repos.
    • 29 December 2012: FM radio fixed (not included in the build)

Credits:

A lot of patches have been done on CM10.1 by official maintainers in the last days. They seem to be very promising. They have added support for our needed patches. I'll start resyncing the repo today.

Sent from my CM10-powered GT-I9103
    I have contacted codeworkx today. TeamHacksung started working on the SGR and the Glide devices. They have set up a common tree as well. Official support is on the way. :) Thanks for the support! Push the thanks button for codeworkx!

Sent from my CM10.1-powered GT-I9103
    Answers

First of all, thanks everybody for the support! This means me a lot!

Do what you like.. Yes I started with your tree as a base, and you were given credit as such, I have given you credit for everything I used, but that's why android is an OPEN source community. Also, if you'll check the official device tree you will see that cm made me remove half of it because it wasn't necessary, the pfebuilt folder and kernel and modules, cm devices must build kernels inline. And they made me remove a lot of proprietary files they said were not necessary cause they're built in source. I was skeptical, but I made a build with the new tree and it runs perfect, better than before. The point is, don't give up.. I've been trying for months myself for official support, but I didn't give up... Your a great dev.. Keep going bro... Y'all have a great day... :D

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium

Yes, you have given credit at the end of your thread. This is the preferred and the appreciated way of doing so. I don't have any problems with it.

Talking about credits:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34332781#post34332781: Karthik's fix for camera and HW-acc. No credits.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35008981#post35008981: New build released on 4th Dec. I updated my repo (commit: https://github.com/Adam77Root/andro...mmit/11d995fcc7666fda0a9012bc87bc04de85794668) on 2nd Dec. You credited for mobile data, but obviously all other fixes came from there.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34924255#post34924255: You said that the extract-files.sh is not appropriate for the Glide. If I do a 'diff' on the two files (my one and that being on CM GitHub), I can only see changes told you by CM team. Others are all the same.

Regarding the 'diff': Here it is: http://pastebin.com/6EAzqXdd Done recursively on my latest GitHub files and CM GitHub files for Glide. There are some changes, it seems. They include:
    -Changing device name from galaxyr to i927.
    -Putting a './' at the beginning of each line in extract-files.sh.
    -Removing some files from extract-files.sh (These are probably that you were sceptical about.).
    -Adding some key layouts and modifying previous ones.

Yes, Android is an open source community. But as codeworkx says, this does not mean out-of-respect. Probably all of the changes they told you would be done for the SGR if it got supported. The changes are not difficult to do.

The only question remaining: Why does CM has a mail address to which developers can write if they don't care replying? Then they are pissed of by people writing on their G+ page. One of CyanogenMod's main goal is to support a wide variety of devices. How can they achieve this by such an attitude?

The cm team has to fork the tree and kernel source over to the cm github. Then pulled to the cm gerrit for review. I spent two days cleaning the tree up and removing repetitive entries and unnecessary files. And resubmitting. They would review and let me know what else had to be fixed. Then they forked it over. You just have to contact the right cm dev. I've been doing this a long time and many people to this day use my work and I say great as long as I'm given credit. If someone can take my work and make it better or make it work on their device , I'm all for it, that's what android is all about. I will talk to some of the cm devs and see what I can do...

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium

I have to contact the right CM dev: So this means I should write to all of them and someone hopefully responds? Having that e-mail address just turns out again to be pointless.
    If someone can take my work and make it better: If you had looked into my files a bit deeper, you would have working camera and torch. I have even posted the camera thing in your thread at some point.

Second, jellybean running on this device is a pretty large hack. (On top of the "hackiness", the device is still not even complete.)
    (Quoted from the answer got by The-Droidster.)

The whole hack with the device tree is actually adding some feature. Samsung OMX libs cannot be used with official libs, because they don't have support for it. I wrote in my e-mail:
    Core CM source was not modified with one exception. Another stagefright lib needs to be loaded, because the device uses Nvidia and Samsung codecs as well for hardware acceleration. I will push a Gerrit change about it at the weekend.
    This clearly describes what is the "hack" about.

Finally: Sorry for making such a long post. You can now see what I talk about. It may be a bit harsh. I don't want to insult anybody. dman3285 is in the P.A.C. and AOCP team and must surely know what he does.
    New Beta-2.1 build complete.
    Link: Outdated
    Changes:
    • Fixed manual network selection and mobile data at boot.
    • Reverted from using stock audio libs (-> FM radio and video recording sounds don't work, but calls do)
    • Fixed microphone in libaudio source
    • Fixed data usage statistics
    • Updated CM sources (there is a button now to remove all recent apps)
    • Added preliminary Wi-Fi Direct support
    • Added preliminary TVOut support

Notes:
    • I did some investigation on face unlock setting. It will not work with the 4.1 GApps. The GApps zip installs non-NEON libs to use, but actually those libs are compiled with NEON instructions. If somebody can find another GApps package, let us know.
    • Stock camera app creates a big cache under '/sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails' when recording videos. Using a third-party camera app solves this problem.
    • Video recording works, but it cannot record sound.
    • HD video recording lags. You can start it and it'll be saved, but there will be approx. 3 secs of black/green screen at the beginning of the captured video.

@Everybody: You have to wipe cache and dalvik-cache.
    @Devs: I updated my GitHub device and kernel repo. Extract-files must be run again.