[ROM] Beta MIUI.us Tenderloin HP TouchPad 2.3.7 by scott951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chandra_100

Feb 12, 2011
Manama
Interesting scott951. Good job ! tried beta.
Settings --)Launcher always give me FC. Excellent and nice otherwise.

By the way I am more inclined towards the launcher& icons in pre alpha. How can I try that in beta ? could somone advice me pl.
Thanks.

JSmurfy

Jul 19, 2010
CT
www.bbthemesunltd.wordpress.com
after charging all night my wifi disconneted and i had to go back in..
once i went into wifi i had to forget the router,
and turn off wifi and turn back on and log in again..
other that that hickup nothing else yet, besides what that last person
said about fc on launcher, and mobile networks =)

chandra_100

Feb 12, 2011
Manama
As Im playing around tried manual install of some of my stock APK's - some got installed and the rest returned me 'Application not installed' . I remember this was successfully installed in CM editions earlier ( tried upto CM2.1 only).
Any guess why few did nt get installed?
Has MIUI edn has any specific compatiability factor?

Cheers.

JSmurfy

Jul 19, 2010
CT
after finally talking myself into installing twitter back on the tablet

i ave now noticed a FC every time i try to add a pic to my tweet.. u think that is MUIU related.. cause i get FC too from uber social -- just thought i would post my findings.. solid otehr wise..

khatta

Feb 19, 2008
My screen is lopping on the 'mi' logo. I followed the instructions per the first post. Its been 7 hours. :-(

See attached. Any idea how I can shut down the TP. The background jingle is now very annoying.

42574842-1128-bbf2.jpg

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Last edited:

Steeltippin

May 30, 2009
Kansas City, MO
Originally installed Xronified and could not get wifi to work at all, switched to MIUI and wifi works perfect with no drops, GTA 3 even works, smooth as butta, thanks for this rom

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

My screen is lopping on the 'mi' logo. I followed the instructions per the first post. Its been 7 hours. :-(

See attached. Any idea how I can shut down the TP. The background jingle is now very annoying.

42574842-1128-bbf2.jpg

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Hold down power+home button until TP reboots. Go into CWM Recovery and factory reset, install Rom again

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Is there anyway to get rid of the "phone" features?

riassan

Jan 6, 2008
Pennsylvania
Has anyone had freezing while using music player, music just stops playing then stats back up a few seconds later??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

cu_shane

Mar 26, 2009
Has anyone had any luck installing Google Currents on this ROM? It won't show up in the app store (I'm pretty sure it did w/ the CM7 ROM). I tried downloading the apk and installing it manually, but it says 'application not installed'.

Any ideas?

L0gan

Oct 22, 2010
Same problem with loops

no chance to come into recovery....come to miui logo, than reboots automatic. tried to get into recovery, doesnt go. boots every time ...
what can i do?? tried power button +home, power+vol, no succes.

l0gan

scott951

Feb 15, 2011
Portland
www.musevapor.com
Same problem with loops

no chance to come into recovery....come to miui logo, than reboots automatic. tried to get into recovery, doesnt go. boots every time ...
what can i do?? tried power button +home, power+vol, no succes.

l0gan
Adb reboot recovery and do a full factory reset in clockworkmod. Will not wipe SD card fyi. If it doesn't boot there is data from cm7

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using XDA App

Shahhere

Sep 20, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Scott, I am not sure what happened here but I pressed the power button where the menu displayed for a split second and was about to dim and pressed the home button a fraction of a second before the screen went blank and that frooze the touchpad.

1) I am not sure how to replicate this behavior to help you but I had to Powerbutton+Home Button to use the touchpad.
2) I am getting a few Force closes here and there and one of them is when picking the Launcer Setting from the Settings menu.
3) I am sure you know this but putting a number to it is the "No Service" and phone related messages.
4) Some apps when I try to install them; I am getting prompted with "Application Not Installed".
5) I found that you can turn off the boot animation sound but but is there anyway to soften or reduce the sound? The damm thing was loud at 4:30am :).
6) There are microphone issues with other roms so I tested this one and am actually able to use sound recorder to record stuff and its audible. Though I am not able to use GrooveIP to communicate but can hear.
7) Another FC is when picking the radio selection from the settings menu.

Shahhere

JSmurfy

Jul 19, 2010
CT
Hey dunno if this has been told but wifi every hour disconnects .. any suggestions.. i love this but jist started after like 12 hours of use.. any way not really many issues that r major

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

rogabean

Sep 9, 2008
Chicago
I had to roll back to alpha. Beta was having a terrible time staying connected to wifi - I was having to reset it a lot. Also was getting a lot of glitches graphically that would require a reboot. Not sure why yet... alpha working better for me.

Any progress on camera?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

khatta

Feb 19, 2008
Reboot. Recovery and do a full wipe (factory reset)

Thank-you Scott. It worked. Awesome work. Running good so far.

I has to wait until the battery drained and TP shutdown as a result. I wasn't able to do anything while the loop was in progress.

Look forward to the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.3.7 Beta

This is a community support ROM only!
    The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums
    Support is mostly provided on forums.MIUI.us
    New release come every Friday.

If you haven't heard about this ROM yet then check out the videos in the 2nd post to see it in action!
    This is an excellent ROM if for no other reason than it introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 2.3.7 and boy what an overhaul.​

Changes from base ROM
    Removed: MIUI App Sharing | MIUI OTA Updater | MIUI Bootscreen | SIM Toolkit

Added: Custom Bootscreen | English Translations | Google Maps | Google Voice Search | MIUI.us Forum app | Added Go Launcher

If you want ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro install them from Market.​
    Proceed To Download

Download It Here

Go Launcher is installed by default

Don't forget to follow me on twitter @MIUImods​

Working:
    • Audio/Sound
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Touchscreen
    • Charging
    • All sensors
    • Wired earphone/headphone
    • Gallery
    • YouTube
    • MIUI Backup (don’t backup contacts)
    • Multi-Touch
    • MIUI Themes

Not Working:
    • No On-Screen Menu (working on it)
    • Other Random Bugs

1. CM Team Thanks

Wow, I didnt think i would be this happy until ICS was available for the touchpad. This works beautifully, and finally renders the screen properly so the icons and text are crystal clear and not blocky.

I am using button savior from the market to get the soft buttons. Here is my screenshot

shot_000001.png

I did not make this video but here!
    Is the update. Still coming?

Yeah just finishing touches for beta

I will put those patches in thanks... I will wait to update because a couple of other bugs that I have found in new rom.

They will not damage your touchpad but I find them to bad to release in next version...

We are also working on MIUI v4 for the TP too.
    wow this thread has gone silent since the remark that till further notice
    scott will not have any updates..
    this is still a great rom..

I plan on releasing a new version of this rom soon!

Ok got most of the bugs worked out Plan on releasing full beta later tonight or in the morning. Going to put A couple goodies in for everyone and rom should be under 125mb!