AT&T to release OTA update on Dec. 27 to enable Multi-Window on Note II

Search This thread

kennkmcn

Dec 26, 2012
Here's the link in case anybody's interested. It looks like its just the feature, no other fixes listed and no change-log
Thanks for posting the link, I would have posted it but am unable to post links yet. I wonder if this might mean an update for Canadian carriers such as Rogers, Bell, and Telus will be in order soon as well?

Reactions: WildMan7856

dropofdreams2

Jan 27, 2009
Expecting that I'll have to unfreeze the bloat at a minimum...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

mizz lia

Jun 2, 2011
Im not even going to get excited until an update come on my phone

Sent from my lovely note 2

Gore785

Feb 9, 2012
So if this happens and I'm rooted how do I update?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

xxxSuperserieSxxx

Jul 16, 2010
Manila
Some people want root and don't want custom roms that break stuff. I used to be a rom flashing whore but now i just root and de-bloat the stock rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Same here just got my note 2 three a days ago then i rooted it on 2nd day, hope when it will not broke the root capabilities when updating that was expected on dec. 27..

kcour2006

Dec 17, 2007
Denver
Yahoo...just loaded the note 10.1 with jelly bean...will jump tomorrow when it arrives, look for me!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: 57hemi

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
Thread stuck

I've stuck this for a bit, until the hubbub dies down. From what I've read, if you're just rooted but have stock recovery, non modified status, and no flash counter set at 1 you should be able to get the OTA. We'll see. I'm rooted and have only disabled the bloat. TriangleAway did a good job of resetting the counter. I have no burning desire to flash another ROM, just root and debloat. I suppose I should switch back to Touchwhiz until after the update....

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
I've stuck this for a bit, until the hubbub dies down. From what I've read, if you're just rooted but have stock recovery, non modified status, and no flash counter set at 1 you should be able to get the OTA. We'll see. I'm rooted and have only disabled the bloat. TriangleAway did a good job of resetting the counter. I have no burning desire to flash another ROM, just root and debloat. I suppose I should switch back to Touchwhiz until after the update....

That's weird I am rooted (with ExynosAbuse) and none of the status's have been touched, not even the ugly yellow triangle at boot. Of course stock recover . See for you'r self:
Screenshots_2012-12-25-12-36-00.png

IMG_1324_zps32e8bc01.jpg

Komposure

Feb 6, 2009
Somebody please post when they receive the OTA. I want to try at 12 like staying awake looking for santa. Is there anyway to reset the 24hr wait on the OTA checkermadeal? ::eek:ther than telling me to use kies.

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
Somebody please post when they receive the OTA. I want to try at 12 like staying awake looking for santa. Is there anyway to reset the 24hr wait on the OTA checkermadeal? ::eek:ther than telling me to use kies.

Ya. Go to date and time. Un check network provided values. Change the day to one day ahead.

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/26/att-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-multi-window/

Here's the link in case anybody's interested. It looks like its just the feature, no other fixes listed and no change-log

I've noticed that Engadget often trumpets dubious software-delivery rumors as facts in an apparent quest for page hits. Here, they post an email "from AT&T", but they don't say who exactly sent it. Some low-level customer service rep, perhaps? It would be very odd for AT&T to announce this news only to Engadget, but Engadget is the only source so far (not counting the sites that are just repeating Engadget's claim).

I hope Engadget got it right this time, but until someone confirms the OTA update, I'm highly skeptical.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, guys, go blow up my Mediafire account. update.zip. I used the /cache method and stock recovery, didn't wipe my phone but did break root; you are welcome to CWM it in Recovery, but it will wipe. Enjoy it while it lasts ;)
    Why would you be rooted and not already running multiview?

Some people want root and don't want custom roms that break stuff. I used to be a rom flashing whore but now i just root and de-bloat the stock rom.

thanks for the link!
    There's a button for that ;)
    Thanks! So that's the file that gets downloaded OTA? Can I just transfer that to my (stock, unrooted) phone somewhere and then proceed with the update as though I had gotten it OTA? (The update still isn't available to me OTA.) Sorry for the naive questions!

I was able to update my phone with the file that plastikman187 posted. Here's what I did.

0. Root phone with exynos exploit apk.
    1. Download the file onto your phone
    2. rename it from a .cfg to a .zip (not sure if this is necessary)
    3. Use some sort of root file explorer to copy the zip file into the /cache directory. (I used es file explorer with root privaledges).
    4. Boot phone into recovery mode by powering off and then holding (vol up + power + home)
    5. Choose the apply update via cache option and select the downloaded zip.
    6. Some terminal crap will spew out and eventually the phone will restart.
    7. Let it boot and soon you'll see the "android is upgrading"

I can confirm that multiwindows works after forcing the update. The flash counter is not modified by rooting and applying the update.

Good luck everyone and enjoy your multiwindows updates :). Also screw ATT for making me wait while my girlfriend brags about chatting and watching movies simultaneously.