chmod 000 /systemapp/TegraOTA.apk

To reenable to the OTA System
mount -o rw,remount /system
then
chmod 644 /systemapp/TegraOTA.apk

Reactions: subzero82

chp2

Jan 17, 2013
no problems. I hope you just chmoded the file TegraOTA.apk in the /system/app folder (I think it was there)

If not the best way to disable OTA's is using the following command as SU

chmod 000 /system/app/TegraOTA.apk then reboot the tablet.

This will then keep the file there but make it so that it can't be read wrote to or even execute. Then if you want to OTA again you just change it back to chmod 644 /system/app/TegraOTA.apk and reboot again.

I experience restore problems. Perhaps you have the answer.

I'm trying to play with my backups and if I restore the KitKat backup other the JB, it rest in a non ending boot phase (stay in bootanim). And I have to re_activate CWM to restore back JB.

Any idea?

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
I can't tell you why this is happening easy. You need to find a 4.4.2 boot.img and flash that if i have a funny feeling that CWM didn't backup the boot partition. I use TWRP without issues so not sure.

But what your telling me sound so like a boot.img issue. So find a 4.4.2 boot.img and using fastboot try a fastboot boot boot.img and see if it does boot if it does then do a fastboot flash boot boot.img!

CrazyPizza

Nov 10, 2014
Hello,
I just bought an Advent Vega (europe retailer i think) Tegra Note 7 on ebay and it's coming with 4.4.2-2.5 OTA installed (bootloader unlocked).
I read here that it drains the battery out easily and has a few bugs so I am already wondering how to downgrade it to 4.3.
I have never tried to flash a firmware on an android device but I saw Toms videos and downloaded SuperToolkit 1.5 + Tegra Note 7 official 4.3 from Toms site.
Now from what I understand, I have to place the zipped firmware on the SD card, then boot into recovery and flash it from there right? Could someone write down the exact steps or post some images showing what I have to do? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @chp2 if your afraid of bricking your tablet then why are you after downgrading your tablet in the first place.

Look its format

System
    Cache
    UserData

Then flash the 4.3 Stock zip and boom your on 4.3. CWM backups will still work regardless of what OS your so long as your using the Custom Recovery.
    But as i said if your frightened of bricking your tablet you shouldn't be doing this.
    @ZubZero82 So you ended up flashing via fastboot then ??
    Simply type as root the following

To kill the OTA System
    then
    chmod 000 /systemapp/TegraOTA.apk

To reenable to the OTA System
    then
    chmod 644 /systemapp/TegraOTA.apk