[UNOFFICIAL][5.0/5.1/6][v87][27 Nov] Xposed for MIUI

Search This thread

SolarWarez

Oct 7, 2005
I decide to share it there because I don't know better place for this...
This is an Xposed framework variant built for MIUI based devices running Android 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0.
Tested and working on latest ROM's on various devices.
Fully working resource hooking and themes.

Prerequisite:
- Custom recovery (CWM, TWRP)

Bugs report:
- If you get any lag, broken feature or any App force closing, post your Xposed logs.
- If you get a boot-loop, reboot and get the logcat with "adb logcat -v time".

Please pay attention:
Archive with Xposed installation contains some necessary information and it is very important to successfully installation to choose right archive.
- "arm" means the devices that are running arm32 operating system and uses ARM architecture CPU.
- "arm64" means the devices that are running arm64 operating system and uses ARM64 architecture CPU.
- "x86" means the devices that are running x86 operating system and uses x86 architecture (Intel) CPU.
- "sdk21" means Android Lollipop 5.0.x
- "sdk22" means Android Lollipop 5.1.x
- "sdk23" means Android Marshmallow 6.0.x
If you try to install wrong archive it will not installed and error message appears in TWRP installation log.

Magisk
Magisk (systemless) variants of archives separated only by Android versions (sdk21, sdk22 and sdk23). CPU architecture will be detected automatically.

How to install:
- Install Xposed Installer app
- Make a nandroid backup
- Copy the Xposed file and the uninstaller to your sdcard
- Flash "xposed-vxx-sdkxx-armxx-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-xxxxxxxx.zip" through a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM...)
- Reboot and wait, it may take several minutes to boot up depending on your ROM size and installed apps amount. If phone still not boot after 5 minutes then you need get boot log by "adb logcat -v time", reboot into recovery and restore backup or de install Xposed

Attention!
Starting from v86 official version of Xposed become more compatibly with ROMs that use a Resources subclass for e.g. theming, like MIUI.
So, try firstly official Xposed on your device. If it will works well (take a look at themes, if they works well, then all Ok), then you doesn't need this version of Xposed.
But I suppose that on some devices official Xposed still may cause bootloops.

Donate to @rovo89
All credits go to @rovo89 for his amazing job on Xposed framework

Attachments

• xposed-v86-sdk21-arm-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160710.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 61,460
  • xposed-v86-sdk22-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160710.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 83,952
  • xposed-v86-sdk21-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160710.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 168,513
  • xposed-v86-sdk21-x86-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160710.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 12,995
  • xposed-v86-sdk22-arm-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160710.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 148,865
  • xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160710.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 287,449
  • xposed-v86-sdk22-x86-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160710.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 66,031
  • xposed-v86-sdk23-arm-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160710.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 163,948
  • xposed-v86-sdk23-x86-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160710.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 33,713
  • xposed-v87-sdk21-arm-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20161126.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 141,665
  • xposed-v87-sdk21-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20161126.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 205,326
  • xposed-v87-sdk21-Magisk-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20161127.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 31,299
  • xposed-v87-sdk22-arm-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20161126.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 231,835
  • xposed-v87-sdk22-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20161126.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 228,693
  • xposed-v87-sdk22-Magisk-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20161127.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 46,720
  • xposed-v87-sdk23-arm-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20161126.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 742,510
  • xposed-v87-sdk23-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20161126.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 1,266,382
  • xposed-v87-sdk23-Magisk-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20161127.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 214,402
Last edited:

jonnie77

Aug 9, 2012
LARISA
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
in mi4c works perfect!!!thanks man
the only thing that ''breaks'' is edge utility!!!and another that dowload modules manual not from inside app(doesnt care at all) just mention it!!!thanks again!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: nikkpap

dagger1

Dec 25, 2015
If i already flashed v80, do i need to flash the uninstall.zip before flashing v83, or can i flash v83 directly?

saiyammorakhiya

Mar 30, 2013
SURAT
Hey bro i was using miui v80 on mi4 wile long but accidently i flashed official xposed v83 file from xposed installer and got boot loopbafter that i had uninstalled xposed with zip and rebooted phone!! My mi4 booted normaly but now if i am flashing miui xposed v80 which i previously used and clear dalvik cach than phone does not optimizing any apps and system apps crashing!! Cant do any opration!! Same is happen with v83 also and also i updated my whole miui devloper rom to new version thus i cant flash xposed got same error!! Plzzz help!!

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

scottjay

Nov 9, 2013
Hey bro i was using miui v80 on mi4 wile long but accidently i flashed official xposed v83 file from xposed installer and got boot loopbafter that i had uninstalled xposed with zip and rebooted phone!! My mi4 booted normaly but now if i am flashing miui xposed v80 which i previously used and clear dalvik cach than phone does not optimizing any apps and system apps crashing!! Cant do any opration!! Same is happen with v83 also and also i updated my whole miui devloper rom to new version thus i cant flash xposed got same error!! Plzzz help!!

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk
I had similar problem, fixed by deleting the xposed folder in /data partition

jerryshaw12

Nov 11, 2014
@SolarWarez Got bootloop after install xposed tweak (ROM: 6.4.28)
Firstly i was install xposed in my phone (arm x64 v83 hermes) and i just need to wait until it finished boot
Then i install extMIUIv7, check tickbox for enabled it, and reboot
And voila, i got bootloop
I tried to format art cache in TWRP and it fixed it.
Well this is weird seems global beta + xposed break ART Caching
Sent from my hermes using XDA Labs

Last edited:

CBET

Apr 8, 2011
Moscow
Not working

Can't install on Redmi Note 2, MIUI 7.3.1 stable (Android 5.0.2).
Error is: "chown: /system/lib/libart.so.orig.gz: Read-only file system".
Manual mounting in r/w mode does not help =(
Actually, this file libart.so.orig.gz is not the first in batch and not the last, but error happens only with it.

update: I have modified SolarWarez's package, now installs normally. Tested, working.
(what i did is disabled script interruption on some errors while setting owner and permissions on files).
Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4lahQDWFyqqOHJKaFFfbEtmZlE

Last edited:

skullnbones75

May 16, 2016
How to uninstall Xposed?

I have flashed xposed-v83-sdk22-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160428 but any downloaded and enabled module won't work (even after reboot).

Moreover my Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro is laggy now.

How can I unistall it?

ROM MIUI 7 by miui.it 6.5.5 based on Android 5.1.1.

Edit:

Uninstalled flashing xposed-uninstaller-20150831-arm64.zip by TWRP

Last edited:

famusc

Oct 21, 2005
Hi just discovered a bug: when in stock browser I go to bookmarks/history browser force closes. This also happens when browser tries to show a dialog window (for instance, when you go to xiaomi.eu it asks to install tapatalk). Log attached

Edit: attached another log got when getting to copy text in stock browser

Attachments

• xposed_error_20160518_211135.log
    48.9 KB · Views: 178
  • xposed_error_20160519_192351.log
    3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

superbfahad

Jun 25, 2010
Japan
I have flashed xposed-v83-sdk22-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-20160428 on MIUI7 using Lenovo A7000-a
Xposed give error, Phone freezes and I have to retart it by pulling battery of mobile phone. I am using Xposed for only XInternalSD because its mount SD Card as internal Memory.

famusc

Oct 21, 2005
When is v84 coming? Hope bugs get resolved and there's compatibility with miui 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I decide to share it there because I don't know better place for this...
    This is an Xposed framework variant built for MIUI based devices running Android 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0.
    Tested and working on latest ROM's on various devices.
    Fully working resource hooking and themes.

Prerequisite:
    - Custom recovery (CWM, TWRP)

Bugs report:
    - If you get any lag, broken feature or any App force closing, post your Xposed logs.
    - If you get a boot-loop, reboot and get the logcat with "adb logcat -v time".

Please pay attention:
    Archive with Xposed installation contains some necessary information and it is very important to successfully installation to choose right archive.
    - "arm" means the devices that are running arm32 operating system and uses ARM architecture CPU.
    - "arm64" means the devices that are running arm64 operating system and uses ARM64 architecture CPU.
    - "x86" means the devices that are running x86 operating system and uses x86 architecture (Intel) CPU.
    - "sdk21" means Android Lollipop 5.0.x
    - "sdk22" means Android Lollipop 5.1.x
    - "sdk23" means Android Marshmallow 6.0.x
    If you try to install wrong archive it will not installed and error message appears in TWRP installation log.

Magisk
    Magisk (systemless) variants of archives separated only by Android versions (sdk21, sdk22 and sdk23). CPU architecture will be detected automatically.

How to install:
    - Install Xposed Installer app
    - Make a nandroid backup
    - Copy the Xposed file and the uninstaller to your sdcard
    - Flash "xposed-vxx-sdkxx-armxx-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez-xxxxxxxx.zip" through a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM...)
    - Reboot and wait, it may take several minutes to boot up depending on your ROM size and installed apps amount. If phone still not boot after 5 minutes then you need get boot log by "adb logcat -v time", reboot into recovery and restore backup or de install Xposed

Attention!
    Starting from v86 official version of Xposed become more compatibly with ROMs that use a Resources subclass for e.g. theming, like MIUI.
    So, try firstly official Xposed on your device. If it will works well (take a look at themes, if they works well, then all Ok), then you doesn't need this version of Xposed.
    But I suppose that on some devices official Xposed still may cause bootloops.

Donate to @rovo89
    All credits go to @rovo89 for his amazing job on Xposed framework
    Yes, thanks to @KuroIgunashio we have a temporary way to install everything in MIUI. Waiting for an official release this can help:
    1) Flash SuperSU v2.78 SR1 (EDIT: make sure to install it in systemless mode! To do this before flashing the file use TWRP terminal and type: echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu;
    2) Flash Suhide v0.54;
    3) Wipe dalvik cache and reboot;
    4) Flash this Xposed modified version;
    5) With a file manager (I used Root Explorer) do as follows:
    1. Copy the file /su/xposed/system/framework/XposedBridge.jar to /system/framework;
    2. Copy the file /su/xposed/system/lib/libxposed_art.so to /system/lib
      (Important: if your device is arm64 you need also to copy the file /su/xposed/system/lib64/libxposed_art.so to /system/lib64);
    3. Copy the file /su/xposed/system/xposed.prop to /system;
    6) Reboot, install Xposed Installer and enjoy Xposed for MIUI!

Tested with my Redmi Note 3 Pro and it's working! Maybe when I have time i'll code a script to flash in TWRP wich can move these files automatically! :good:
    Important: make sure every file has rw- r--r-- permission!

EDIT: To let this work with the new version of Pokémon GO (so, bypass safetynet once again!) just follow the steps above and finally install this apk. Then just disable root access from the app when you want to play Pokémon GO/use Android Pay. ;)
    thanks @-us3r- , he send me a modded xposed framework based on solarwarez 87.1, and it is actually working on 7.9.14/15.

link: http://uploadfile.pl/pokaz/1213655---rdjc.html

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B14QPf3PuUEeb1oxVE5JSDVUN0U
    Same issue on Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon), MIUI 8 7.6.15, after I flash SuperSU or Magisk it will just hang on the MI logo with the animated dots forever, unsure the cause since I tried flashing each separate on fresh full flash
    try 1
    zcx twrp, flash 7.6.15, flash just supersu 1.96, reboot and it just shows the mi logo with the animated dots (waited 20 minutes)
    try 2
    zcx twrp, flash 7.6.15, flash just magisk v12, reboot and it just shows the mi logo with the animated dots (waited 20 minutes)
    try 3
    zcx twrp, flash 7.6.15, reboot, -boots fine but no root / xposed ...etc
    try 4 .
    zcx twrp, flash 7.6.15, flash just supersu 2.82, reboot and it boots, so now I can say it has something to do with Magisk or Xposed

so I might now try to flash Magisk, but run the xposed uninstaller incase the magisk.img image still carries xposed module this way I can narrow it down from xposed or magisk

Edit:
    ok so narrowed it down to Xposed, magisk and supersu install fine on their own, once the Xposed module is installed it breaks booting

@SolarWarez hasn't been on since March 2017 so I hope someone has a way of reaching him.

Edit:

OK so I found a new just released Xposed v87.1 by solarwarez (in fourpda russian forums) and it fixes the boot freeze, - I will provide a temporary link with v87.1 until he updates this thread, then I will take it down. btw this is only for android 6.0.1 and will NOT work for 7.0
    https://mega.nz/#F!tLg3WZhA!1Ib6IFl4FiZhByLKzKhD3g

great job solarwarez, all credits go to him and rovo89
    Remember use at own risk, I found it buried on page 261 of in his official XMIUI thread (also a great xposed module by solarwarez!).
    btw I have only used/tested the Magisk version.
    Updated Xposed to v87.
    Themes works well.

Also made Magisk variants but tested by myself only sdk23 variant on arm64 CPU. Works well.

And does anybody really use MIUI on x86 devices? Right now I compiled v87 only for the arm & arm64. If x86 version also needed then let me know (better in PM because I read this thread very rare :( )