[ROM][Port] MIUI 2.2.24 Stock w/ Trinity Kernel (2/27/2012)

Search This thread

stormageddon

Dec 31, 2011
California
This is a direct port of the MIUI build for the Optimus 2x to the T-Mobile G2x. I have ported this myself and will do so every week as long as it meets my standards. Right off I would like to thank whitehawxk for his post on how to port MIUI, it was a huge help!

Features:
*All features of Official MIUI
*Wi-Fi Calling (Yes it works!)
*Zipalign and Permission scrips by Team Kang
*Trinity Kernel by morfic

The Zipalign and Permission scrips zipalign and repair the permissions to /system/app, /system/framework, and /data/app on every boot.

There are two options for this ROM: MIUI ELP and MIUI T15.
*MIUI ELP has the ELPmax Trinity kernel, for best battery life
*MIUI T15 has the T15max Trinity kernel, for most overclock
*For both I sugest having SetCPU to regulate the CPU.

MIUI 2.2.24 ELP and T15 >>Download<<
My ROM is also available through ROM Manager.

Instructions:

*Boot into CWM Recovery
*Do a Factory Reset
*Wipe Dalvik
*Format /system (under mounts and storage)
*Install ROM from sdcard

This ROM is for the G2x (P999) only. Do NOT flash this on an O2x (P990).

Any comments or suggestions just post below or on my Google+ (I check this just as often if not more).

Changelog
Code:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=black]2.2.24
*Fixed Reboot issue
*Improved stability
*Improved performance
*Included newest files and drivers from latest CM Nightly

*MIUI User Feedback Application
*Fixed FC when screen capture
*Included CM Nightly Jan 31

*Included updated files from CM Nightly (v2)
*Added Boot Menu Options back in
*Some stability changes

*Boot Animation Fix (Me)
[/COLOR]*Added support of sending text messages at a set time (feature from 4.0)
*Added support of drop-down notification bar in full-screen mode (feature from 4.0)
*Added support of clearing data in contact setting
*Optimized hangup prompt and animation [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=black] *[URL="http://miuiandroid.com/2012/01/miui-rom-changelog-2-1-13-gingerbread/"]Full MIUI Changelog Here[/URL]

2.1.6[/COLOR]
*Theme Fix (Me)
*Optimization of lockscreen turn-off strategy
*Fix FC due to insufficient memory problems in some cases
*Optimization plug-in model support of online music, data source can easily switch, enhanced stability[/SIZE]
Previous Versions:
All Versions can be found in my SourceForge Folder.

HUGE Thanks to:
Team Kang
morfic
The CM Team
MIUI.us

Last edited:

htcfresh

Feb 22, 2010
manheim
First ;-)

Downloading now will post results..thanks for another rom..keep up the good work :)

Edit: so far not bad although I have one issue so far and that is after rebooting my phone wifi calling doesn't work, says "invalid sim" now..any clue on how to fix?

Also might want to add that you need the theme folder fix as themes don't/won't install..

Not sure if ill get in trouble but I can always remove the link if needed.. but here's the link for a theme install folder fix, tested and works in this rom..

http://android-maisters.net/roms/index.php/rom-downloads/viewcategory/32-addons

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Last edited:

stormageddon

Dec 31, 2011
California
First ;-)

Downloading now will post results..thanks for another rom..keep up the good work :)

Edit: so far not bad although I have one issue so far and that is after rebooting my phone wifi calling doesn't work, says "invalid sim" now..any clue on how to fix?

Also might want to add that you need the theme folder fix as themes don't/won't install..

Not sure if ill get in trouble but I can always remove the link if needed.. but here's the link for a theme install folder fix, tested and works in this rom..

http://android-maisters.net/roms/index.php/rom-downloads/viewcategory/32-addons

With the Wi-Fi calling, that is something that I get on almost every ROM I have tried. When it says that the SIM is invalid if you look at your APN list it will be empty and that is why it is saying that. Either reboot with Wi-Fi off or do a hard reboot.

As for the theme issue, yes that fix does work but, I am working on fixing it. It is a problem with the kernel. It is not reading the init.d scripts right and that is causing the issue. I will reupload once I get the problem solved. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: htcfresh

htcfresh

Feb 22, 2010
manheim
OK thanks for the help on wifi calling..didn't know apn gets cleared will try your fix, and great rom..keep up the awesome work and thanks for your work to put another rom on our phones :)

Update: tried rebooting with wifi off, pulled battery, hard reboot, nothing fixed the "invalid sim" message..and I checked my apn's and there's two "simple" and "Tmobile"..tried everything listed above switching to both apn's but still didn't work..

Last edited:

stormageddon

Dec 31, 2011
California
I have patched the theme problem in the current ROM (1.12.30) by integrating the theme folder creation patch into the ROM. I have reuploaded both verions. I am going to keep working on fixing the kernel and I hope to have it done by the next release.

Reactions: theonetruecoco

sabwjawdjw

Aug 31, 2010
Having problems with the rom. It installs and goes to the load screen where it shows MIUI Android and then it just keeps showing that screen don't go past it. Any advice? I formatted everything twice. before each install. and I also have tried both versions. Both do the same thing.

GFam4

Mar 20, 2010
Sony Xperia 1 III
Having problems with the rom. It installs and goes to the load screen where it shows MIUI Android and then it just keeps showing that screen don't go past it. Any advice? I formatted everything twice. before each install. and I also have tried both versions. Both do the same thing.

Maybe you got a bad DL. Try Downloading it again.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

notinterested

Feb 11, 2010
Same thing here. Getting to MIUI screen and just looping.

Redownloaded 3 times, wiped everything 3 times still doing it. ELP download if that helps.

Just downloaded it on a different machine and tried again, wiped data/cache, system and dalvik still same results.

Last edited:

sabwjawdjw

Aug 31, 2010
Yes have downloaded both copies. From numerous different mirrors. Did factory reset twice, wiped dalvik twice, and formatted system twice before installing the second time. Now I have went multiple times with both of these roms tried SEVERAL different things and still nothing but loops on the "MIUI Android" screen.

I am coming from the Weapon rom. So if that tells you anything.

missaellpzchvz

Nov 25, 2010
Arizona

Redownloaded 3 times, wiped everything 3 times still doing it. ELP download if that helps.

Just downloaded it on a different machine and tried again, wiped data/cache, system and dalvik still same results.

Yes have downloaded both copies. From numerous different mirrors. Did factory reset twice, wiped dalvik twice, and formatted system twice before installing the second time. Now I have went multiple times with both of these roms tried SEVERAL different things and still nothing but loops on the "MIUI Android" screen.

I believe your boot problem are from the Trinity Kernel included with the rom...
try waiting a little longer since Trinity takes a while on first boot (the "bootloops" are just the animation replaying since the boot is taking longer that usual) . Or try asking the OP dev for stock miui/cm7 kernel..

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

stormageddon

Dec 31, 2011
California

I have reuploaded the ROM. I found an issue in the installer script that may have been causing your boot problem. Try flashing now and see if that works. Sorry for the trouble.

Reactions: notinterested

sabwjawdjw

Aug 31, 2010
redownloading from Multiupload, filesonic, and fileserve. I will try those 3 if each fail. I will post back if it works this time. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Installed and loaded like a charm. Great work man. Umm one thing I wanted to ask. Is the themes fixed? I went to the themes folder and tried to switch theme and it just sticks with the original. Any ideas on this?

Oh yea I even rebooted after changing themes still no change. Thanks.

notinterested

Feb 11, 2010
Downloaded the updated one and booted right in. Going to give it a shot, will report back if i run into any issues.

GFam4

Mar 20, 2010
Sony Xperia 1 III
Stormaggedon,
Nice work on the rom!! It's the first MIUI rom where I had Wifi Calling somewhat worked (it worked until I rebooted). I've Tried many MIUI roms for my G2X and they've all had Wifi Calling not work.
Intially after I first installed it yesterday it gave me the "Invalid Sim Card" error. Powered off my phone with "Wifi" turned OFF, removed Sim card and reinserted it powered it back on. As I was turning on Wifi I get that little pop-up message about Wifi Calling and I opened the Wifi Calling App and it said ACTIVE then it connected. I was happy!! I used it to make a few calls and It was perfect.
I thought maybe I can make a BackUp of my phone at it's current state. I powered my phone off and Booted into CWM recovery to make a back up and when I rebooted my phone my Wifi Calling is not working anymore I get the Invalid Sim Card error. I still like the work you did so I'm sticking with it for now and maybe I can fiddle with it to get Wifi Calling working again.

BTW when you hit the Power button and hold it to get the different Reboot options. When I select Recovery it just does a normal Reboot. I had to power off my Phone and manually go into Recovery. Can you look into that. THANKS. Keep up the Good Work!!!:):)

FYI SIM Card Has this number TM9177 on the side with the Gold connector. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: b177y

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
@gfam4 I've had that with about 8 flashes of different miui roms, its not build specific just something that happens.

GFam4

Mar 20, 2010
Sony Xperia 1 III
@gfam4 I've had that with about 8 flashes of different miui roms, its not build specific just something that happens.

I got a new simcard last week and it's a newer version. I've tried every MIUI rom for our beloved G2X and wifi calling hasn't worked once except for this ROM. And if this Rom is a Port from the O2X like all these other MIUI roms floating around then maybe I got lucky or maybe this newer Simcard (TM9177) works.

I read somewhere that some folks with the older Simcard got Wifi Calling to work on Older Builds of MIUI but the newer cards didn't work. I had one of those newer ones for about 3 months. Until last week I decided to see If can get one of the older Simcards. Since T-mo don't issue them anymore they gave me the newest one available TM9177. I'm gonna try Suilimagic's MIUI build it's older and see if I can get Wifi Calling to work on it.

It's worth a try for anyone to pop in a newer TM9177 simcard and see if it works for them too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a direct port of the MIUI build for the Optimus 2x to the T-Mobile G2x. I have ported this myself and will do so every week as long as it meets my standards. Right off I would like to thank whitehawxk for his post on how to port MIUI, it was a huge help!

Features:
    *All features of Official MIUI
    *Wi-Fi Calling (Yes it works!)
    *Zipalign and Permission scrips by Team Kang
    *Trinity Kernel by morfic

The Zipalign and Permission scrips zipalign and repair the permissions to /system/app, /system/framework, and /data/app on every boot.

There are two options for this ROM: MIUI ELP and MIUI T15.
    *MIUI ELP has the ELPmax Trinity kernel, for best battery life
    *MIUI T15 has the T15max Trinity kernel, for most overclock
    *For both I sugest having SetCPU to regulate the CPU.

MIUI 2.2.24 ELP and T15 >>Download<<
    My ROM is also available through ROM Manager.

Instructions:

*Boot into CWM Recovery
    *Do a Factory Reset
    *Wipe Dalvik
    *Format /system (under mounts and storage)
    *Install ROM from sdcard

This ROM is for the G2x (P999) only. Do NOT flash this on an O2x (P990).

Any comments or suggestions just post below or on my Google+ (I check this just as often if not more).

Changelog
    Code:
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=black]2.2.24
    *Fixed Reboot issue
    *Improved stability
    *Improved performance
    *Included newest files and drivers from latest CM Nightly

*MIUI User Feedback Application
    *Fixed FC when screen capture
    *Included CM Nightly Jan 31

*Included updated files from CM Nightly (v2)
    *Added Boot Menu Options back in
    *Some stability changes

*Boot Animation Fix (Me)
    [/COLOR]*Added support of sending text messages at a set time (feature from 4.0)
    *Added support of drop-down notification bar in full-screen mode (feature from 4.0)
    *Added support of clearing data in contact setting
    *Optimized hangup prompt and animation [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=black] *[URL="http://miuiandroid.com/2012/01/miui-rom-changelog-2-1-13-gingerbread/"]Full MIUI Changelog Here[/URL]

2.1.6[/COLOR]
    *Theme Fix (Me)
    *Optimization of lockscreen turn-off strategy
    *Fix FC due to insufficient memory problems in some cases
    *Optimization plug-in model support of online music, data source can easily switch, enhanced stability[/SIZE]
    Previous Versions:
    All Versions can be found in my SourceForge Folder.

HUGE Thanks to:
    Team Kang
    morfic
    The CM Team
    MIUI.us
    Reserved For Later
    The calendar has the days numbers in Chinese as well. Sorry if this is an inconvenience for you.

Also happy year of the Dragon

This is the tweak guys.:D
    that ifound on forums Thread and fixed miui wificalling issue.:D
    OP,
    Not to be a hater or nothing but your getting a bunch of attention (here and here) and the credit is going directly to you when you clearly are using @Whitehawkx's guide to make this rom/port. I suggest either adding more about how you created this or add more credit to the original Dev's that made this possible, same goes to any other of the ports that don't seem to be giving enough props...