[MOD] Touchwiz (MJ6) 5 vertical 4 horizontal / 4.4.2 ENA6

Search This thread

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
Hi, My first mod for the Note 3 (9005) is this...

Touchwiz Launcher (SecLauncher4) with only the grid modified for 5x4 (5 rows down by 4 accross, see Screen).

I've done it for myself, and a work colleague, but I'm popping it up here for anyone that wants it.

I may do some of the other common mods at some point, but this is a get it working sort of thing.

** Note - Some of the standard Samsung Widgets are finiky about layout, I may end up fixing some, but the main one to break (clock/weather) I don't use anyhow. I'll get around to fixing the sizing on it shortly though as I know it's widely used. Flash in recovery as per usual.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP - I can't stress that enough! At least make a copy of /system/app/SecLauncher4.apk

UPDATE - New version, had bug in installer script, would have caused ZIP to fail to install.

Screenshot_2014-01-10-14-25-15.jpgScreenshot_2014-01-10-16-30-27.jpg

UPDATE 2 - I've uploaded a modified AccuWeather Widget, Just install from ZIP as per usual. Obviously if not having a Bootloader, then unpack the zip and move the APK into the /system/app folder manually and delete the .odex file as well.
Screenshot_2014-01-10-18-41-35.jpg

UPDATE 3 - I've uploaded a quick and dirty mod of the ENA6 SecLauncher4.apk. This one takes a little installing though, and for the moment I'd rather you do it manually with ADB or a Root Browser.
  1. Download the ZIP and unpack it, put the APK onto your device
  2. Launch ESFile and make sure you mount System RW
  3. Goto /system/priv-app and rename SecLauncher4.apk to SecLauncher4.bak
  4. Goto the location you copied the downloaded APK, and copy it into the Clipboard on ES
  5. Go back to /system/app and PASTE the APK into the folder (NOT the priv-app folder!)
  6. Reboot
I'll get round to sorting out the widgets (if they need it, I've not tested), but at the moment I'm trying to defeat the new imposed block on non-Samsung S-View cases

Attachments

• SecLauncher4_MJ6_4x5.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 373
  • WeatherModded-5x4-MJ6.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 252
  • SecLauncher4-4.4.2-ENA6.zip
    3 MB · Views: 422
Last edited:

sznurrek

Jan 13, 2012
5x4 Touchwiz

Please mod both widgets, weather and splannerwidget; it would be nice if we could have here 4x2 grid

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
I've fiddled with the spacing slightly, and as far as I can see everything seems to be happy besides the AccuWeather Widget. So use the nodded one I've posted and everything else should be tickets boo. Let me know if you bump into anything untoward.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: firasusman

ptr4president

May 27, 2012
Working on 4.4.2 NA6, thanks !, but the layout seems slightly off for me..
Any possibility to reclaim some space near the indicators?

PS wich version of apktool are you using?

Greetz

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
Yup I live around Coventry :) I'm going to sort out NA6 shortly, I've just been fairly busy at work trying to sort out a Windows Azure thing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, My first mod for the Note 3 (9005) is this...

Touchwiz Launcher (SecLauncher4) with only the grid modified for 5x4 (5 rows down by 4 accross, see Screen).

I've done it for myself, and a work colleague, but I'm popping it up here for anyone that wants it.

I may do some of the other common mods at some point, but this is a get it working sort of thing.

** Note - Some of the standard Samsung Widgets are finiky about layout, I may end up fixing some, but the main one to break (clock/weather) I don't use anyhow. I'll get around to fixing the sizing on it shortly though as I know it's widely used. Flash in recovery as per usual.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP - I can't stress that enough! At least make a copy of /system/app/SecLauncher4.apk

UPDATE - New version, had bug in installer script, would have caused ZIP to fail to install.

Screenshot_2014-01-10-14-25-15.jpgScreenshot_2014-01-10-16-30-27.jpg

UPDATE 2 - I've uploaded a modified AccuWeather Widget, Just install from ZIP as per usual. Obviously if not having a Bootloader, then unpack the zip and move the APK into the /system/app folder manually and delete the .odex file as well.
    Screenshot_2014-01-10-18-41-35.jpg

UPDATE 3 - I've uploaded a quick and dirty mod of the ENA6 SecLauncher4.apk. This one takes a little installing though, and for the moment I'd rather you do it manually with ADB or a Root Browser.
    1. Download the ZIP and unpack it, put the APK onto your device
    2. Launch ESFile and make sure you mount System RW
    3. Goto /system/priv-app and rename SecLauncher4.apk to SecLauncher4.bak
    4. Goto the location you copied the downloaded APK, and copy it into the Clipboard on ES
    5. Go back to /system/app and PASTE the APK into the folder (NOT the priv-app folder!)
    6. Reboot
    I'll get round to sorting out the widgets (if they need it, I've not tested), but at the moment I'm trying to defeat the new imposed block on non-Samsung S-View cases
    Please mod both widgets, weather and splannerwidget; it would be nice if we could have here 4x2 grid

SPlanner seems to work fine :) It's the reason I've modded the launcher rather than just keep using Nova.
    If you can get weather widget working that would be nice thanks for mod

I'll have a fiddle in a bit, see what can be done. The Callendar widget accepted a couple if mods in the launcher to make it look ok, seems weather is a different framework... Probably different devs :)
    If you can get weather widget working that would be nice thanks for mod

Added the Weather Widget to the OP.
    I've fiddled with the spacing slightly, and as far as I can see everything seems to be happy besides the AccuWeather Widget. So use the nodded one I've posted and everything else should be tickets boo. Let me know if you bump into anything untoward.