for those of you that believe you received a defective device

Search This thread

dogcmp6

Sep 18, 2010
Even though sprint is not better business bureau accredited, I have filed a complaint with the BBB against sprint regarding the fact that they have knowledgeably put defective devices in the hands of consumers, and are not making a quick effort to remedy the situation, I have also stated that sprint wants to replace the devices with refurbished devices, which are valued at a lesser value then a brand new device, and still charge customers for the full price of the brand new device. I have also pointed out that they are stringing customers through the 14 day exchange period claiming it is the network, and then on the 15th day saying it is the device, and making it very difficult to exchange the devices. any way I am encouraging any one who has had issues with their device to file a complaint with the bbb against sprint, as sprint does respond to their complaints on there

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
Yesterday, after many chats and calls with Sprint, and 2 trips to 2 different stores, I was assured that my device is fine and that the towers in my area are to be fully functional by May 7. We'll see if my service improves. I have the option of getting refurb, which is complete bs. A brand new phone that may be defective and I can't get a brand new one because I'm past the 14 days. So yeah, I'm with you on this if things don't improve in 3-4 days.

brandonair95

Feb 27, 2012
OP. The first device I've received had a completely black pixel in the top right. I exchanged it and got a new phone with a SCRATCH under the glass and a red pixel (which I'm guessing is dead). On my third trip the guy was reluctant to hand me a new HTC One, but when I got it, it had another completely black pixel. I completely agree that sprint is knowingly dishing out defective devices to people. I'll try and figure out how to file a complaint with them. Thanks OP

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

dogcmp6

Sep 18, 2010
please do, the more people who complain to the bbb the better, Im also planning to email sprint the laws regarding knowingly selling defective devices

limpiador31

Jan 8, 2011
Count me in on this. Not a happy camper. Two weeks of "it's the towers in your area", an hour + with three levels of tech support from my landline and finally a second trip to a store where a technician actually tested the device and entered an eTicket on my accounting noting my M8 was defective and needed to be replaced.

No TEP? $75 bucks to replace the phone through Sprint or screw around for a few weeks dealing directly with HTC. Why should I have to pay for a defective product that never worked well and progressively deteriorated into a worthless brick? I can't get calls from my customers or email in the field and this is not good for business so I'm desperate. Even though furious at the prospect of paying $75 dollars for a 4 week old phone that didn't work through no fault of my own, for expediency I begrudgingly went ahead and set up getting a replacement. Damn, what a scam!

After it all gets set up and entered into the computer, then the guy tells me they are on backorder and it will be 5 to 7 days before they ship.

I just about lost it but attempted to maintain some degree of civility while expressing my displeasure with this policy, their crap customer service that could care less and that my intention was to contact the BBB and possibly the Attorney General regarding this whole debacle. I know the guy I was speaking to was just doing his job and probably hears a lot of this but his one saving grace was asking me if I still had my old phone.

After confirming they weren't going to bone me an activation fee for bringing my old phone back online and not for the replacement M8 whenever I get it, I am now back on my three year old HTC Evo 4G but at least I can make and receive calls, get texts and have some degree of mobile data connectivity and can get email away from WiFi. In the post-contact texts from Sprint asking about my satisfaction with the recent call, I let them know this was robbery and that I would never recommend anyone ever choose Sprint.

I think I can put TEP on my replacement and trust me, if it doesn't work as expected I'll utilize it to the max and if still not satisfied, feel like this is sufficient grounds to break my contract and go somewhere else. It took days to get my M8 setup just the way I wanted it and I absolutely love it. Too bad I can't use it. :crying:

--Elisabeth

ps

FA43KSF... serial number

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
I agree with your anger. I have never wanted to switch carriers in the 5 years with Sprint until now. I wish I had not have sold my gs3 when I got my m8. I would go back to that and sell this one. I still might. It may be the towers for me, that is yet to be seen, but the utter lack of service over this is the frustrating part. I shouldn't get a refurb for a brand new defective device. "That's Sprint policy" though. Lameness.

Last edited:

dogcmp6

Sep 18, 2010
Yeah, once I have my replacement I will be submitting a complaint to the attorney general of Illinois about the issue too, and encourage others to take part in that step too...also I can see by the increase in complaints to sprint on BBB's website that a good amount of people are seeing this thread and submitting complaints...ive been stuck on a Samsung replenish which is my back up phone for 4 days...also the serial on my defective m8 is HT441SF....

Last edited:

pbedard

Jul 30, 2010
boston
Count me in on this. Not a happy camper. Two weeks of "it's the towers in your area", an hour + with three levels of tech support from my landline and finally a second trip to a store where a technician actually tested the device and entered an eTicket on my accounting noting my M8 was defective and needed to be replaced.

No TEP? $75 bucks to replace the phone through Sprint or screw around for a few weeks dealing directly with HTC. Why should I have to pay for a defective product that never worked well and progressively deteriorated into a worthless brick? I can't get calls from my customers or email in the field and this is not good for business so I'm desperate. Even though furious at the prospect of paying $75 dollars for a 4 week old phone that didn't work through no fault of my own, for expediency I begrudgingly went ahead and set up getting a replacement. Damn, what a scam!

After it all gets set up and entered into the computer, then the guy tells me they are on backorder and it will be 5 to 7 days before they ship.

I just about lost it but attempted to maintain some degree of civility while expressing my displeasure with this policy, their crap customer service that could care less and that my intention was to contact the BBB and possibly the Attorney General regarding this whole debacle. I know the guy I was speaking to was just doing his job and probably hears a lot of this but his one saving grace was asking me if I still had my old phone.

After confirming they weren't going to bone me an activation fee for bringing my old phone back online and not for the replacement M8 whenever I get it, I am now back on my three year old HTC Evo 4G but at least I can make and receive calls, get texts and have some degree of mobile data connectivity and can get email away from WiFi. In the post-contact texts from Sprint asking about my satisfaction with the recent call, I let them know this was robbery and that I would never recommend anyone ever choose Sprint.

I think I can put TEP on my replacement and trust me, if it doesn't work as expected I'll utilize it to the max and if still not satisfied, feel like this is sufficient grounds to break my contract and go somewhere else. It took days to get my M8 setup just the way I wanted it and I absolutely love it. Too bad I can't use it. :crying:

--Elisabeth

ps

FA43KSF... serial number

Mine starts with fa43 also maybe I need to return it I just got it

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium HD app

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
What is the worst thing about this is how Sprint is handling it.

Not that broken/defective devices exist or broken towers.

Just that they could give crap about you as a loyal customer.

They treat you like dirt. And they wonder why customers treat them like dirt back.

It's been such a bad experience, it took all the fun out of getting this phone. So they botch something, it happens. It's they handle it like sh$t.

I would have been more content keeping my old M7 phone.

It started off like crap when they kept me on the phone for like an hour when I ordered the thing and tried to upsell a bunch a crap.

And the lady had put a Tablet AND Stylus on my order. I caught her at the end had her take it off. But she left a freaken stylus on there.

It was only $15.00, just small enough to not want to waste another hour on the phone and shipping it back.

Man did that piss me off to start.

Reactions: brandonair95

brandonair95

Feb 27, 2012

They treat you like dirt. And they wonder why customers treat them like dirt back.

It's been such a bad experience, it took all the fun out of getting this phone. So they botch something, it happens. It's they handle it like sh$t.

It started off like crap when they kept me on the phone for like an hour when I ordered the thing and tried to upsell a bunch a crap.

And the lady had put a Tablet AND Stylus on my order. I caught her at the end had her take it off. But she left a freaken stylus on there.

It was only $15.00, just small enough to not want to waste another hour on the phone and shipping it back.

Sorry, but the fact that you got a stylus for a phone, that clearly doesn't need one, is hilarious to me.

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
The lady I ordered from tried to upsell that stuff to me too. She wouldn't take no for an answer and actually asked me if it was a money issue as to why I didn't want the tablet. I was so irritated that I yelled.

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
And that's why I only order from their website. No hassle and you get the same results.

Because I have a SERO 500 plan (two of them) that's not an option. It's part of the dues you pay for having that plan.

I'd be long gone if not for the SERO 500 plan. No way I'd pay regular price for this network and customer service. It's getting close to not being worth the savings as is.

fr0st420

Apr 9, 2008
Kaukauna, WI
I have the opposite experience with Sprint. LTE is everywhere averaging 20 to 30 mb. I pay roughly 60 a line too. I'm not going anywhere lol

4/21-5/20
Anytime 62M/1500
Text 613/Unl
3G Data 94532KB/Unl
4G Data 4242870KB/Unl

dogcmp6

Sep 18, 2010
My sprint horror story continues...was told on Wednesday of last week that my new phone would be there in two business days, got told yesterday (Monday) that it would be here by today...go to the store thinking I would pick it up today, and my phones not there, the manager pulls up the tracking and says it hasn't even shipped yet, keeps me there for an hour and a half well he talks to his other store people about who to call at the warehouse, instead of calling the warehouse like he would do if he had any freaking common sense

jonathanhtc

Apr 14, 2011
New York
I'm not having any issues. Sorry to hear all of you guys, hope that I never fall on that situation.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even though sprint is not better business bureau accredited, I have filed a complaint with the BBB against sprint regarding the fact that they have knowledgeably put defective devices in the hands of consumers, and are not making a quick effort to remedy the situation, I have also stated that sprint wants to replace the devices with refurbished devices, which are valued at a lesser value then a brand new device, and still charge customers for the full price of the brand new device. I have also pointed out that they are stringing customers through the 14 day exchange period claiming it is the network, and then on the 15th day saying it is the device, and making it very difficult to exchange the devices. any way I am encouraging any one who has had issues with their device to file a complaint with the bbb against sprint, as sprint does respond to their complaints on there

--Elisabeth

ps

FA43KSF... serial number
    all seems well so far, but should I wait to root? I'd imagine if I root and have an issue they won't replace it........

sent from my HTC M8 using Tapatalk

That's up to you, I did, then just went back to stock ROM and returned the phone. I left the TWRP recovery on it. IDGAF
    I got mine today, not sure if its a refurb or a new one, as they said they slip new ones into the same box as a refurb if they dont have them, so far no issues but it did give me the unable to connect error once...also the DM gave me a refurb tab 3 for free (with no contract) that the store happend to have on hand and appolgized that his store, and sprint kept leading me in diffrent directions so im no longer that pissed at sprint

It should be obvious if it's new. New ones comes in a regular factory box with all accessories. refurbs are phone only.

Some stores might take the phone out.

You can also check it.

Dial ##786# Scroll down to Reconditioned Status.