FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UPDATED-06-APR-2011] New XAP installer, in-place app update, no dev tool and more...

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By kuerbis2, Member on 31st March 2011, 05:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2012, 08:12 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 261

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy cant install more than 3 apps
i am not able to install more than 3 apps in my developer unlocked nokia lumia 800 ....can any body plz help with that , i want to install unlimited xap files ! please help

30th May 2012, 03:02 PM |#132  
Flag InMyHead
Thanks Meter: 13,318

Donate to Me
More
yeah thats because you only have a developer unlock which allows only 3 apps. have a decent read-up on the different unlock types and what you can have with your Nokia Lumia. I am not following the Lumia development as i have decided i am not interested in that phone but i gathered that it has not yet been fully unlocked. You can do only limited things with it.
13th August 2012, 11:09 AM |#133  
Torino
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Question It doesn't work anymore!
Hi, why doesn't it work anymore?
14th August 2012, 08:16 AM |#134  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,919

More
Did you install Tango on your phone?
Did you fail to read the information about Tango before installing it?
Did you not have a legitimate dev-unlock, or perhaps you exceeded the normal max unsigned app limit?

Alternatively, what's the error that you get?
26th August 2012, 05:59 AM |#135  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

These days, you don't even need a PC app for XAP deployment if you phone can be interop-unlocked, except to deploy WP7 Root Tools and XapHandler.

Can you list the option we have please? How do you send a xap to your phone withouth PC? You download it and where does it go, which folder?
26th August 2012, 10:05 AM |#136  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,919

More
Downloaded temp files go under \Application Data\Volatile\, but I don't know if this info will be useful to you. If you have absolutely no ability to deploy an app from the PC, and you're using a stock ROM, then you can't get homebrew apps on the phone - it's as simple as that, so far as I know. That said, it really shouldn't be that hard to find some PC somewhere that you can install the XAP deployment tools on, and once you do that (assuming your phone is compatible with WP7 Root Tools), you're good to go.
5th October 2012, 09:55 AM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great tool! Works perfectly on a full unlock Nokia 710 phone!
Thanks!
21st November 2012, 09:54 AM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR: Failed to connect to the device. Ensure that the device is completely booted and is connected to the PC.
why there is no sollution for this ? WHY ?
16th February 2013, 04:18 PM |#139  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTP4

Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR: Failed to connect to the device. Ensure that the device is completely booted and is connected to the PC.
why there is no sollution for this ? WHY ?

Me too. Any ideas?

EDIT:
hard reset fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)