By Oxicottin, Senior Member on 21st August 2011, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2011, 02:03 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Quote:

Thanks, having the comments on the maps helped me. Battling the worst signal fluctuations and no signal for months, that map found the perfect modem

Your welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free

29th November 2011, 02:51 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This is all wonderful but the main site is SOOO SLOOOW
Cant even be viewed on my super optimized capT
I can see the markers but no info as to wich modem is associated to each marker.Yes ive tried tapping/ double tapping on the markers, only to zoom in on a marker w/no info? Cannot even zoom in on the list to the left to read anything. Quite frustrating! This site is definitely not meant to be viewed on anything but a PC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium
29th November 2011, 05:07 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Does these modems work with teamhacksung's ICS Port?
30th November 2011, 02:18 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmanchu5

This is all wonderful but the main site is SOOO SLOOOW
Cant even be viewed on my super optimized capT
I can see the markers but no info as to wich modem is associated to each marker.Yes ive tried tapping/ double tapping on the markers, only to zoom in on a marker w/no info? Cannot even zoom in on the list to the left to read anything. Quite frustrating! This site is definitely not meant to be viewed on anything but a PC.

Yes, sorry the map has to be viewed on the PC but everything else works. I don't know why it worn work in desktop mode either on your phone. I will put a message on site for this. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzbeque

Does these modems work with teamhacksung's ICS Port?

Went to teamhacksung's ICS Port thread and in the first post it states:

Quote:

Can I flash other modems?
You may flash modem packages designed for CM7.

Which the answer is yes you can but only the modems in the CM7/MIUI section.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free
9th December 2011, 09:51 PM |#105  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks for putting this together and for pointing me to the best modem I had yet! I just tried one of the kk* modems you got on my Rogers Captivate... wow what a difference. For anyone else in Vancouver, try KK4, made a huge difference for me (I am on ICS team hacksung build 8)
Cant thank you enough!
9th December 2011, 09:53 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
Your welcome Pechkin000.....
10th December 2011, 05:10 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
ICS Modems Added
34 19000 ICS modems have been added to my website... I don't think I'm adding any I897 versions due to the audience chip. Unless requested...

If this post helped please hit the "THANKS" button....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free
10th December 2011, 06:23 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Love the site man!

Keep up the good work!

I have a feature request.

Can you add total downloads next to the modems so we can see how many times the modem has been downloaded?

Might point new users in the right direction on what modem they should try if they see xxxx modem has 1,000 downloads vs xxxy only has 2.

Would be real awesome to list what modems can just be straight flashed and which ones need the modem dance to get working as well.
10th December 2011, 06:28 PM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
I will check into it.... Its on weebly so not sure if I can do it since it is a free site but I have altered some stuff.
12th December 2011, 11:35 PM |#110  
Austin
Thanks Meter: 218

More
I'm still struggling on figuring out what modems need the dance and what don't. Can anyone fill me in on what modems for CM7 do not need the dance to work natively? Thanks!
13th December 2011, 03:50 AM |#111  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 12,357

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRabbit

I'm still struggling on figuring out what modems need the dance and what don't. Can anyone fill me in on what modems for CM7 do not need the dance to work natively? Thanks!

Basically the modems all have their name... ie xxjvx or tubjv6...

Notice how that the second one has a 6 digit id? From my experience all i9000 modems that have 6 digit designation are 850 by default.
So tubjv6;tdvjp9;tjjjv5;bvjjw2 etc.
Now there are a few exceptions like the Canadian variants. Example UGKG3
So any UGxxx modem will be 850 by default. Currently UGKG3 is my modem choice for ICS/CM7/MIUI
I haven't done any testing lately since I'm running the SGS2 daily but the wife is running the cappy with ICS build8.

In my opinion the OP should have the full designation in all the modems. Especially since some modems have the same last 3 digit designation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shoman94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shoman94 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)