Originally Posted by Oxicottin
Im not sure about the dates I looked at the modem with a hex editor and there is a few dates in there but its very tedious work.... As for the other modems I have never used CM7/MIUI so if you want to give me a list of modems you want to see I can find them and add them to the site. Thanks!
I have done a search and found quite a bit CM7/MIUI modems on siky_dude's thread and on Prototype159 ROM (Here and Here).... Hope this helps!
If I helped you please hit the "Thanks" button...
Here is the official if you would call it link to CM7/miui type modems. I have also made many of the newer modems into CM7 compatible formats. I can link them in here from my dropbox too. So give me a few and I will put them in here also and others on CM7/miui can try them out.
ALSO you might just mention some easy instructions ANYONE with root explorer can do to MAKE any modem into a CM7/miui compatible modem.
1. Download ANY modem from your list to their phone
2. Download at least one CM7 compatible modem to their phone
3. Open root explorer and long press on the newer modem they want and choose EXTRACT ALL
4. Now long press the CM7 type modem and again choose EXTRACT ALL
5. Go to /sdcard/extracted
6. Open the newer modem package and long press on the modem.bin file and choose copy
7. Back out again to the CM7 modem package and open it.
8. Long press the modem.bin file and choose delete
9. Then press PASTE at the bottom of the screen.
10. Back out and go to the CM7 modem package and long press and RENAME it to the NEW modem name, (ie: radio-cm-7-GalaxyS-JK4-signed.zip or radio-cm-7-Captivate-JK4)
11. Now back out again and again long press and then choose ZIP THIS FOLDER
12. Go to /sdcard/SpeedSoftware/Zip
13. Long press on the NEW MODEM zip file and COPY
14. Back out until you at /sdcard and then paste
15. Reboot phone to Recovery Screen and choose install zip from sdcard, choose zip to install, pick the NEW MODEM file name you created and then install.
THIS CAN BE DONE FOR AS MANY MODEMS AS YOU WANT TO TRY/USE. I keep 4-5 different modems on the sdcard in case I have a bad reception in any certain areas I can flash a different modem until I find one that works well for the area I am in. It is a very easy flash and you do not necesalsarily need to wipe cache or dalvich cache to flash them (you can if you like, just I haven't found it necessary).
EDIT: Here are some that I have tested but they may not work for everyone. If they don't just follow the instructions I posted above to make them work on your device.
Sent from My KickAss Captivated CM7 OC'd 1.5Ghz/Undervolted