Thanks Meter: 482

By Oxicottin, Senior Member on 21st August 2011, 02:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2011, 10:33 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
NEW modem KH3_CWM3 file added to 1897 section... Enjoy and don't forget to pin your best modems that work for you in your area to the google map on the sites home page. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free

30th August 2011, 08:08 PM |#22  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxicottin

NEW modem KH3_CWM3 file added to 1897 section... Enjoy and don't forget to pin your best modems that work for you in your area to the google map on the sites home page. Thanks!

ok dumb question, will this kh3 modem work on a captivate with i9000 bootloaders?
30th August 2011, 08:22 PM |#23  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 6,998

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white00gt

ok dumb question, will this kh3 modem work on a captivate with i9000 bootloaders?

Bootloaders do not affect modems.
30th August 2011, 09:53 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3,728

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white00gt

Bootloaders don't really affect modems like stated above. What DOES affect it is IF you are on a i897 based rom then you need a i897 modem. If you are on a i9000 based rom then you need a i9000 based kernel. I think the kernel you mentioned along with MOST others are i9000 based modems, I think there are only 3 or so i897 modems to be used. The i897 modems to do not support the "h" faster upload and download speeds. Most roms in here are i9000 roms ported to the captivate. There are a few like cognition that are i897 based.

Sent from My KickAss Captivated CM7 OC'd 1.5Ghz/Undervolted
The Following User Says Thank You to RockRatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RockRatt Ad-Free
31st August 2011, 09:10 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
That i need it.Really helpful, thanks a lot
31st August 2011, 04:22 PM |#26  
Flag South of Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxicottin

Wanted to pass along my experience with KH3 (on CM7)...was using it for several days, got great battery life and decent reception, data. However, for the first time since I've had my Captivate, my wife told me that my phone sounded real scratchy lately. This surprised me, since she usually doesn't even pay attention to this. So, I switched back to JJJV5, called her back, and she said sound quality was much better (no scratch, etc.).

- I'm in the Boston area (south of the city, near Brockton)
- Yes, I flashed the CM7 version of the modem.

JV5 has seemed to be the best one for me, as far as I can tell.

Aside from KH3, I haven't spent much time on the other newer modems (JVR, JW2) -- has anyone in New England/Boston-area tried any other modems that they've found to be solid in all aspects (signal, quality, battery, etc.)?

Thanks!
31st August 2011, 07:39 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
I am on Cognition 5 v2 and tried the KH3 and it worked just about the same as the JL1 except my battery drained faster on the KH3 and it is awsome on the JL1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free
2nd September 2011, 07:06 AM |#28  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Great work.
4th September 2011, 07:28 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi everyone. Im from Philippines. I'm currently on ugkc1 modem. Any modem suggestions on my area. Thanl you in advance.

Phone: Samsung Captivate
Kernel: TalonDev Kernel 0.4.4.22
ROM: Sensation ROM 2 with
i9000 Bootloader
6th September 2011, 09:46 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbasse

Wanted to pass along my experience with KH3 (on CM7)...was using it for several days, got great battery life and decent reception, data. However, for the first time since I've had my Captivate, my wife told me that my phone sounded real scratchy lately. This surprised me, since she usually doesn't even pay attention to this. So, I switched back to JJJV5, called her back, and she said sound quality was much better (no scratch, etc.).

I think the reason KH3 is scratchy is because of the Audience chip support (or lack thereof, in this case). CM7 doesn't have access to the Audience drivers like the KH3 modem (or any i897 modem, really) expects, so the processing doesn't get performed.
16th September 2011, 07:49 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbasse

- I'm in the Boston area (south of the city, near Brockton)
- Yes, I flashed the CM7 version of the modem.

JV5 has seemed to be the best one for me, as far as I can tell.

Aside from KH3, I haven't spent much time on the other newer modems (JVR, JW2) -- has anyone in New England/Boston-area tried any other modems that they've found to be solid in all aspects (signal, quality, battery, etc.)?

Thanks!

When I was on CM7/MIUI, the only modems that worked properly were the ones that had "captivate" in the filename. If they said "galaxys" in the name I would get complaints about sound quality, however I found that in general CM7/MIUI roms call quality was not as great in areas with background noise (ie TV on while on the phone) which is most definitely because of the lack of the audience chip support.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)