FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] *TrackMe* GPS/WiFi/Cell Tracking tool for Google Earth/GM Now avail for Android

2,563 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2011, 02:13 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpidis

That's great LEM!

Oh that brings back memories Now my Touch Pro can enjoy a peaceful retirement

Have fun!! Glad you were still using the old TrackMe on that phone!

10th November 2011, 02:15 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigggger

Thanks for making an android version have really missed trackme, hopefully my sig below will work again now

You're welcome! Yes, I can see your signature...hopefully it got updated with the new TrackMe!
10th November 2011, 02:17 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
By the way, the company that acquired the original TrackMe (and is supporting this new version) is creating a website for it. You can visit it at www.mobiletrackme.com
Eventually we will move everything there. My website got kind of confused right now with so many versions!
10th November 2011, 08:46 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _LEM_

By the way, the company that acquired the original TrackMe (and is supporting this new version) is creating a website for it. You can visit it at www.mobiletrackme.com
Eventually we will move everything there. My website got kind of confused right now with so many versions!

i haven't tried the android version yet, because i've moved to the iphone, but i will try it on my old device soon. i can read on their webpage, that an iphone version will be released this month! well, it would be so great if this was true!!
10th November 2011, 08:49 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1313

i haven't tried the android version yet, because i've moved to the iphone, but i will try it on my old device soon. i can read on their webpage, that an iphone version will be released this month! well, it would be so great if this was true!!

They told me yesterday that it will be released next week. I'm not involved in that project though.
The Following User Says Thank You to _LEM_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _LEM_ Ad-Free
10th November 2011, 08:52 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _LEM_

They told me yesterday that it will be released next week. I'm not involved in that project though.

that sounds great! (that they might really release it soon, not that you are not involved ) ... but thank you so much for keeping that program of yours alive and thanks for the android version. i was looking forward to this one, too! my fav. software on WM... now maybe on all other devices as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to kb1313 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kb1313 Ad-Free
10th November 2011, 10:17 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Excellent
Excellent Excellent Excellent

donation coming your way . .
The Following User Says Thank You to xda-kungfu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda-kungfu Ad-Free
10th November 2011, 10:59 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda-kungfu

Thanks a lot!!
11th November 2011, 04:29 PM |#19  
Flag Bonn
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi,

first many thanks for the android version.

And now my problem, I'am using my own server on port 8080. I've entered the URL Header h**p://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080 and got only an error 401, but didn't find any entries in my log. After a while of searching, I found the entrys on my 2. server running on port 80.

Regards Martin
11th November 2011, 04:43 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda-kungfu

Likewise. This Android version is working like a charm. Thanks LEM!

Would it be possible to run trackme as a service? For my Desire Z it seems somehow to shutdown sometimes when I'm using some other programs when using TM (eg. Foursquare). So I could be sure that it will be run on background when using some other progs. I'm not using any software that would kill processes.

And how about some features that WM -version had? Eg. when turning with some degrees it would push current location right away to the server (and send also angle parameter to the database).

Hopefully you have some time for the future also develop this Android version ahead. Great work! Thanks again. Now I have all the software that I'll need for Android.
11th November 2011, 04:53 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr63

Hi,

first many thanks for the android version.

And now my problem, I'am using my own server on port 8080. I've entered the URL Header h**p://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080 and got only an error 401, but didn't find any entries in my log. After a while of searching, I found the entrys on my 2. server running on port 80.

Regards Martin

Not sure if I understand the problem. As far as I know port 8080 is an alternate of port 80. What happens if you access the server like h**p://xx.xx.xx.xx:80?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)