71 posts
Thanks Meter: 147

Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2011, 11:20 PM |#101  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,919

More
Restore points are encrypted. Even if you could find the correct location to edit (doubtful, since you can't really read the encrypted data) modifying it would invalidate a signature or might corrupt the data when decrypted (depending on the cipher used). Interesting idea, but sadly, no.

28th December 2011, 12:22 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Phone will not restore
I am running a HD7 currently with deepshining v6. I previously had DS v2. As I wanted to go back to stock for a while, I backed up with WP7EB. Then, I went to Zune to do a restore with one of my stock backups. No luck with both Zune backups. Tried using those backups with WP7easybackup, no luck. Flashed a stock ROM, no dice. Finally, just flashed DS v6 and said forget it. Everytime I try to restore, I get to 0% of step 3 and then it times out. Anyone have any thoughts of why I can't restore??
29th December 2011, 10:44 AM |#103  

More
Thanks, hard reset needed
After running this tool it staid on 0%, did reboot 2 times, and after the second reboot "storage card not working". So I lost my data and can start all over.

A backup program has to offer safety instead of data-loss
30th December 2011, 09:19 AM |#104  
OP Member
Flag Han(n)over

Donate to Me
More
Sorry, I was offline for days because my laptop was broken. (repair center).

Quote:
Originally Posted by benneh

This worked great for me on a Mozart 7740, well it took the backup successfully and Zune can see the restore point, haven't had to test the restore part yet, but about to go registry diving, so will probably need to test restore pretty soon

Thanks for writing this Ben!

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip

Hi,
It seems to work fine on mine but I get an error on my phone after it reboots and the error is shown also in the log file...
Samsung focus with "windowbreak" interop...

Thanks.
LIP

Ignore it, its the fake update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECKcornelis

Is it possible to edit a backup so it is interop unlocked ?

Not yet as GoodDayToDie said: Backups are encrypted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htinstaller4u

I am running a HD7 currently with deepshining v6. I previously had DS v2. As I wanted to go back to stock for a while, I backed up with WP7EB. Then, I went to Zune to do a restore with one of my stock backups. No luck with both Zune backups. Tried using those backups with WP7easybackup, no luck. Flashed a stock ROM, no dice. Finally, just flashed DS v6 and said forget it. Everytime I try to restore, I get to 0% of step 3 and then it times out. Anyone have any thoughts of why I can't restore??

I'll need your "log.txt" file to investigate your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcmaster

After running this tool it staid on 0%, did reboot 2 times, and after the second reboot "storage card not working". So I lost my data and can start all over.

A backup program has to offer safety instead of data-loss

Same here, I'll need your "log.txt". This tool is using the Microsoft functionality to backup your phone. Did you run a custom rom on this phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to MarcHoover For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarcHoover Ad-Free
30th December 2011, 06:27 PM |#105  

More
Thanks
Here is my log.txt. after looking at it, I may have an idea of what is wrong, but I'm not sure. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (5.4 KB, 37 views)
30th December 2011, 08:34 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
someone with Lumia 800 test it?
31st December 2011, 08:42 AM |#107  
Flag Chandannagar
Thanks Meter: 111

Donate to Me
More
Question
Hi MarcHoover ,

I am using Zune v 4.8.2345.0, and I just successfully took the backup of my Nokia Lumia 800, which is chevronwp7 unlocked. Backup was fine, but after backup phone rebooted and on start up screen it's showing Phone Update was Unsuccessful, is this normal?

I also have the backup folder in following location with 1.4 GB data, folder name 307ed447 - 48758b54 - 80de2804 - 3f236844
"%appdata%\..\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\"
So, can you tell me is this a valid backup?

I am also having few question,
1. If I restore the backup after hard reset, is my phone will be unlocked?
2. Is this backup contains all games I have installed on my XBOX Live?
3. Is there any way to backup my music/video with this backup?
4. In this backup, all my configuration will be restored? Like my mail accounts, facebook, twitter, linked in and my wifi access points?
5. If my backup was successful, can I keep my backup folder (307ed447 - 48758b54 - 80de2804 - 3f236844) to somewhere else?

Backup log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (31.5 KB, 17 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to JusThinK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JusThinK Ad-Free
31st December 2011, 04:43 PM |#108  
Flag Colorado, USA

More
Backup worked fine on my Titan. If I ever need to restore, I will let you konw how it goes

Thanks for making this!
The Following User Says Thank You to kwickone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kwickone Ad-Free
1st January 2012, 09:22 AM |#109  
OP Member
Flag Han(n)over

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htinstaller4u

Here is my log.txt. after looking at it, I may have an idea of what is wrong, but I'm not sure. Thanks

Please restart your pc and try it again. And a new "log.txt" would be nice. There is something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusThinK

Hi MarcHoover ,

I am using Zune v 4.8.2345.0, and I just successfully took the backup of my Nokia Lumia 800, which is chevronwp7 unlocked. Backup was fine, but after backup phone rebooted and on start up screen it's showing Phone Update was Unsuccessful, is this normal?

Yes, the tool injects a fake update to start the backup process.

Quote:

I also have the backup folder in following location with 1.4 GB data, folder name 307ed447 - 48758b54 - 80de2804 - 3f236844
"%appdata%\..\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\"
So, can you tell me is this a valid backup?

The backup seems to be valid, the "log.txt" contains no problems.

Quote:

1. If I restore the backup after hard reset, is my phone will be unlocked?

I am not 100% sure. I read no issues about relocks (excepting SD-CARD relocks on some custom roms!). My phone was (dev) unlocked after restoration.

Quote:

2. Is this backup contains all games I have installed on my XBOX Live?

Yes and savegames too.

Quote:

3. Is there any way to backup my music/video with this backup?

No, please use Zune OR the USB Storage Enabler to backup your media.

Quote:

4. In this backup, all my configuration will be restored? Like my mail accounts, facebook, twitter, linked in and my wifi access points?

Yes, your whole configuration will be stored.

Quote:

5. If my backup was successful, can I keep my backup folder (307ed447 - 48758b54 - 80de2804 - 3f236844) to somewhere else?

You can copy this folder to some other locations and copy back, if you need to restore. Remember: The backup tool overwrites this folder on EVERY process. I planned to implement a backup-management in further updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwickone

Backup worked fine on my Titan. If I ever need to restore, I will let you konw how it goes

Thanks for making this!

Cool, thanks
1st January 2012, 03:05 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Ran on my Focus (1st gen) 1.3 with 7720 , without a hitch , thanks ,I havent tried restore yet , but I dont really need to either , but for ****s and giggles I might later on , thanks alot and great work!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vintage144 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vintage144 Ad-Free
1st January 2012, 06:27 PM |#111  
Flag Chandannagar
Thanks Meter: 111

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcHoover

Please restart your pc and try it again. And a new "log.txt" would be nice. There is something wrong.

Yes, the tool injects a fake update to start the backup process.

The backup seems to be valid, the "log.txt" contains no problems.

I am not 100% sure. I read no issues about relocks (excepting SD-CARD relocks on some custom roms!). My phone was (dev) unlocked after restoration.

Yes and savegames too.

No, please use Zune OR the USB Storage Enabler to backup your media.

Yes, your whole configuration will be stored.

You can copy this folder to some other locations and copy back, if you need to restore. Remember: The backup tool overwrites this folder on EVERY process. I planned to implement a backup-management in further updates.

Cool, thanks

Thanks for the info, I will update, when I will restore my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)