73 posts
Thanks Meter: 713

By Learning Never Ends team, Member on 3rd September 2012, 04:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th September 2012, 07:43 PM |#11  
Flag Kharkiv
Thanks Meter: 3

More
yep, RAM is faster but, for my needs, more free RAM better than overall speed and this rom\Android build eats as little RAM as possible, so its just great rom which perfactly fits for my needs but NativeSD gives me internal storage (up to 32 gigs from 512 mb) and it can be launched from CLK loader.

7th September 2012, 08:38 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aion92

yep, RAM is faster but, for my needs, more free RAM better than overall speed and this rom\Android build eats as little RAM as possible, so its just great rom which perfactly fits for my needs but NativeSD gives me internal storage (up to 32 gigs from 512 mb) and it can be launched from CLK loader.

For your internal storage needs (NativeSD's "internal" storage is determined by your ext partition size, you still require fat partition with nativesd, so, unless you have a 64gb card working with your hd2, you likely wouldn't have 32gigs "internal") you can resize your data.img file to whatever size you like. You can use the tool "Toporesize" I believe it's called, or something like that. Also, you can investigate other scripts to install such as Apps2sd.

Other than that, the only thing to tell you is that as of right now, from my understanding, the NativeSD method requires certain kernel mods apparently, which means it's limited to ics/jb builds for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to strikelight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strikelight Ad-Free
8th September 2012, 12:47 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Version V2 please!This is great, thanks
8th September 2012, 02:30 PM |#14  
Flag Kharkiv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikelight

For your internal storage needs (NativeSD's "internal" storage is determined by your ext partition size, you still require fat partition with nativesd, so, unless you have a 64gb card working with your hd2, you likely wouldn't have 32gigs "internal") you can resize your data.img file to whatever size you like. You can use the tool "Toporesize" I believe it's called, or something like that. Also, you can investigate other scripts to install such as Apps2sd.

Other than that, the only thing to tell you is that as of right now, from my understanding, the NativeSD method requires certain kernel mods apparently, which means it's limited to ics/jb builds for now.

Ok, thanks, I`ll try expand my storage with "Toporesize" then.
Update: after some researching ive managed to have 4 gigs of storage even without toporesize - with MAGLDR startup.txt config of 4096 gb does nothig for me earlier, but with sboot + CLK it works great! My problem is solved, yay!
Update2: aaand... after 1 reboot the rom just doesnt boot at all ... ill try to install one more time then.
8th September 2012, 02:55 PM |#15  
Flag luton uk
Thanks Meter: 2,616

Donate to Me
More
Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM
Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM is now on post 1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wis1152 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wis1152 Ad-Free
8th September 2012, 04:32 PM |#16  
Flag Kharkiv

More
So, every time when i make a reboot or shut down from working rom, the data.ext4 clean itself to 0 bytes. I use CLK + sboot \ sboot tools, 4096 mb automatic generated data file. Any ideas?
9th September 2012, 12:56 AM |#17  
Flag luton uk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnin

Thanks Rick_1995 and Learning Never Ends team for this GREAT ROM!
I tried to change the LCD density in the system.ext4/build.prob. 192 is shown if i open the /system/build.prob in root explorer but this doesnt effect the rom... What can i do to set it to 192?

As this a super ram version you need to change it in a special way but for the life of me i cant remember howlol

When Robbie reads this im sure he will post the instructions

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wis1152 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wis1152 Ad-Free
9th September 2012, 01:15 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
This is so great project but why not releasing NativeSD version? Such minimal ROM would act routinely writing on SD much less than Paranoid or AOKP so it seems ideal SD-born! This way we could have fast SD Android for regular use dual booted with WM like Artemis (which is still maintained) thus yielding the fastest and the most versatile smartphone of the world!
9th September 2012, 01:21 AM |#19  
Flag luton uk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ictimai

This is so great project but why not releasing NativeSD version? Such minimal ROM would act routinely writing on SD much less than Paranoid or AOKP so it seems ideal SD-born! This way we could have fast SD Android for regular use dual booted with WM like Artemis (which is still maintained) thus yielding the fastest and the most versatile smartphone of the world!

At the moment there is no surport for cm7 but i dont think it will be long

9th September 2012, 01:26 AM |#20  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,865

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wis1152

As this a super ram version you need to change it in a special way but for the life of me i cant remember howlol

When Robbie reads this im sure he will post the instructions

edit line in /bootsystem/build.prop ro_lcd_density=240 to whatever using a root browser, and reboot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robbie P Ad-Free
9th September 2012, 02:10 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ictimai

Again, as mentioned earlier... This is a SuperRAM rom, meaning, you likely won't get faster results by porting this (or any superram rom) to nativesd. RAM is faster than Nand and SD. As stated earlier, for more "internal" storage there are various options available to you, which matches that benefit of NativeSD. The only benefit NativeSD would have, from what I can see, is when you install apps. In NativeSD they will be installed to the ext4 partition, as opposed to an img file. The system itself would remain slower in a nativesd based rom than a superram based rom. So what we would really need, is some sort of SuperRAM/NativeSD hybrid, in order to achieve any type of beneficial result. Where system mounts in ram, and data is written directly to the ext partition, instead of an img file. Now, I am aware that apps2sd makes use of an ext partition for data, however I'm not too familiar with the differences between that and nativesd's usage of the ext partition. So, it may very well be, that the hybrid already exists in form of the apps2sd script. Someone else with more knowledge on the differences/similarities could perhaps share a comment or two on the matter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strikelight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strikelight Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)