Thanks Meter: 713

By Learning Never Ends team, Member on 3rd September 2012, 04:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2012, 02:10 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ictimai

This is so great project but why not releasing NativeSD version? Such minimal ROM would act routinely writing on SD much less than Paranoid or AOKP so it seems ideal SD-born! This way we could have fast SD Android for regular use dual booted with WM like Artemis (which is still maintained) thus yielding the fastest and the most versatile smartphone of the world!

Again, as mentioned earlier... This is a SuperRAM rom, meaning, you likely won't get faster results by porting this (or any superram rom) to nativesd. RAM is faster than Nand and SD. As stated earlier, for more "internal" storage there are various options available to you, which matches that benefit of NativeSD. The only benefit NativeSD would have, from what I can see, is when you install apps. In NativeSD they will be installed to the ext4 partition, as opposed to an img file. The system itself would remain slower in a nativesd based rom than a superram based rom. So what we would really need, is some sort of SuperRAM/NativeSD hybrid, in order to achieve any type of beneficial result. Where system mounts in ram, and data is written directly to the ext partition, instead of an img file. Now, I am aware that apps2sd makes use of an ext partition for data, however I'm not too familiar with the differences between that and nativesd's usage of the ext partition. So, it may very well be, that the hybrid already exists in form of the apps2sd script. Someone else with more knowledge on the differences/similarities could perhaps share a comment or two on the matter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strikelight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strikelight Ad-Free

10th September 2012, 10:14 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thanks for the explanation of "SRAM" idea. It seems very promissing as NativeSD ROMs are slow on my class 4 Kingston card... Putting everything into RAMdisk should give us the ever fastest ROM despite running from SD. The only nuisance is lacking possibility of booting it from cLK Or maybe is it is possible do to anything?
11th September 2012, 12:59 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Yet another question please: what is the battery drain in this SRAM ROM and how does it compare to others?
15th September 2012, 10:24 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Can you update this port to version v2b please? The new version comes with new adreno libs, so maybe performance in games will be much better How to change dpi in super ram version? Simple editing build.prop and default.prop doesn't work, after reboot it is still 240dpi. Thanks!
17th September 2012, 01:02 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Thanks for this rom .its really stable.. but i cant use it without ARABIC support am not an expert of editing roms.. so how can i have arabic in this perfect rom
Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mahir555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mahir555 Ad-Free
17th September 2012, 04:55 PM |#26  
Flag Krabi
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I don't want to be serious, but some link in first post doesn't work :P

Portadroid http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1094372

and

different sized blank data.ext4 from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1353
17th September 2012, 09:30 PM |#27  
OP Member

More
Fixed links
Quote:
Originally Posted by mementototem

I don't want to be serious, but some link in first post doesn't work :P

Portadroid http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1094372

and

different sized blank data.ext4 from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1353

Fixed links:
Portadroid forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1094372

get different sized blank data.ext4 from here forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=24930501&postcount=1353

Thanks.
19th October 2012, 09:10 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Is there any plan to port v2b?

I'm using Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM and having problem about data connection. When I disable the data and enable it, there is no data connection. I have to restart for the data connection to come back. Does anybody have this problem and how to fix this? This build uses RMNET or PPP?
5th November 2012, 01:02 PM |#29  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kengkaj.s

Is there any plan to port v2b?

I'm using Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM and having problem about data connection. When I disable the data and enable it, there is no data connection. I have to restart for the data connection to come back. Does anybody have this problem and how to fix this? This build uses RMNET or PPP?

v2b SRAM on post #1
Sorry for delay in posting this.
Data works, tested on magldr and haret.

EDIT:i have changed post 1 title thread date for you Robbie
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Learning Never Ends team For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Learning Never Ends team Ad-Free
5th November 2012, 02:07 PM |#30  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,862

More
I recently had wp7 on nand and nativeSD builds on sd. When a nativeSD rom refused to boot I had no way of editing NativeSD folder to change initrd.gz and zImage for another ROM (there is a way to access sd contents from wp7.5 but i have not yet tried it). Using the SRAM build with a small (48mb) data.ext4 posted in post#1, you can now have a working backup android build to get out of trouble, which takes up minimal space. Not that BBCM7 is only useful for this reason
Edit; Thanks wis1152
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robbie P Ad-Free
5th November 2012, 04:34 PM |#31  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

I recently had wp7 on nand and nativeSD builds on sd. When a nativeSD rom refused to boot I had no way of editing NativeSD folder to change initrd.gz and zImage for another ROM (there is a way to access sd contents from wp7.5 but i have not yet tried it). Using the SRAM build with a small (48mb) data.ext4 posted in post#1, you can now have a working backup android build to get out of trouble, which takes up minimal space. Not that BBCM7 is only useful for this reason
Edit; Thanks wis1152

I don't have WPhone on my HD2 but I have a similar issue since I have a problem with USB port - won't sync ever since. Workaround is just remove the SD card and edit straight from the PC. Can you not see the Fat32 in your SD card with your PC?

Sent from my HD2 using XDA app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)