Thanks Meter: 2,766

By securecrt, Senior Member on 4th September 2012, 02:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th September 2012, 05:54 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,883

More
ext4 partition can be made from windows using minitool partition wizard home edition http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html
I assume FAT32 partition should be first and ext4 partition second.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robbie P Ad-Free

4th September 2012, 06:07 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

ext4 partition can be made from windows using minitool partition wizard home edition http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

What size partition should I create?
I usually use partitions of 1 or 2 GB on 16 or 32 GB cards
4th September 2012, 06:11 PM |#13  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Dar-es-Salaam
Thanks Meter: 77

Donate to Me
More
hi..
my phone's hardware button (green button) is not working.. so i can not make any changes to magldr..
currently, my boot folder is set to ICS..

I was just wondering if its possible to edit the initrd.gz as mentioned in post 3 in such a way that it would reflect my folder (ICS) instead of NativeSD?

should i just replace all places which have NativeSD with my folder that is ICS? or is it just some specific places?
4th September 2012, 06:14 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shanghai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblaster3

hi..
my phone's hardware button (green button) is not working.. so i can not make any changes to magldr..
currently, my boot folder is set to ICS..

I was just wondering if its possible to edit the initrd.gz as mentioned in post 3 in such a way that it would reflect my folder (ICS) instead of NativeSD?

should i just replace all places which have NativeSD with my folder that is ICS? or is it just some specific places?

I did not consider this case... let me think how to solve it.
The Following User Says Thank You to securecrt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift securecrt Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 06:14 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 7,730

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

Yes sir, or use recovery for partitioning your sdcard.. I recommend 4EXT recovery for the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldai2

What size partition should I create?
I usually use partitions of 1 or 2 GB on 16 or 32 GB cards

Depends on how many roms you are going to install...

I think 2 GB is a nice start.. especially when apps will be shared in future updates you won't have to install all apps over and over again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xylograph Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 06:21 PM |#16  
Flag Dar-es-Salaam

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by securecrt

I did not consider this case... let me think how to solve it.

much appreciated friend, keeping my hopes up
4th September 2012, 06:21 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1,273

More
Great work guys, have installed on a class 6, speed seems fine (personally I haven't found there to be any noticeable lag with SD builds).
Have just run some benchmarks; would attach if i could find a screenshot button. And will see how it performs for a day or two and report back before messing with it.

Just a suggestion, but with future builds are you considering adding an option to choose which ext to install to? So that you can have multiple sd-ext builds and/or a NAND build with a sd-ext and a separate sdext rom.

Likin' the installer as well, haven't used aroma too often, but you've customised this one and made it your own.

Nice Work.

Can't find screenshot, so. Using a class 6 card in:
Code:
System Test = 3398 ; SD card read/write = 13.6/8.0 MB/s
PassMark Performance = 816 ; Internal Storage read/write = 14.7/13.1 MB/s External Storage r/w = 15.1/8.27 MB/s
AnTuTu = 2741 (typical SDROM score) SD card r/w = 9.7/7.4 MB/s
4th September 2012, 06:23 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 7,730

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

hi..
my phone's hardware button (green button) is not working..

So besides changing the folder are you actually able to enter recovery without a working green key?

You'll need that 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xylograph Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 06:29 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1,273

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylograph

So besides changing the folder are you actually able to enter recovery without a working green key?

You'll need that 2

Couldn't he copy the files into the partition on the desktop? Using ubuntu for example, or while in a running nand build? Or would that be likely to cause issues?
4th September 2012, 06:30 PM |#20  
Flag Dar-es-Salaam

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylograph

You'll need that 2

well to b honest when i read on the first post that wm6.5 users and magldr users using wp7 in nand are also to be supported in the future, i never considered that recovery was a must.. guess i was wrong
4th September 2012, 06:31 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shanghai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

much appreciated friend, keeping my hopes up

every time you install a new ROM to SD/ext4 you should copy the /sdcard/NativeSD/* to your /sdcard/ICS/

for the multi-boot part you only need to change the NativeSD to ICS in the switch script.

but I don't know how can you enter CWM and install the ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to securecrt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift securecrt Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
native sd, nativesd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)