OP Senior Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 2,766

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblaster3

much appreciated friend, keeping my hopes up

every time you install a new ROM to SD/ext4 you should copy the /sdcard/NativeSD/* to your /sdcard/ICS/

for the multi-boot part you only need to change the NativeSD to ICS in the switch script.

but I don't know how can you enter CWM and install the ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to securecrt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift securecrt Ad-Free

4th September 2012, 05:34 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 7,730

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoTurtle

Just a suggestion, but with future builds are you considering adding an option to choose which ext to install to? So that you can have multiple sd-ext builds and/or a NAND build with a sd-ext and a separate sdext rom.

All roms will be installed to a separate folder on your EXT partition so you can safely use your EXT for any NAND a2sd script you like... they are doing fine together ..

Also we don't want to mess with current general setups which maybe use the 3rd partition as swap..

Securecrt even made it possible to share the app folder on the root folder of your EXT partition with different EXT Roms... but I left it out on purpose for the 1st release.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xylograph Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 05:42 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Oh, not for WP7 dual booters? Sad story Are we going to be supported in future? Or... well, I can see a workaround (make ext partition -> install CWM -> install ROM -> make backups of partitions -> install WP7 -> restore backups with WP7 space), but that would mean so much time used just for this, especially for people with WP7 already.

What about EXT partition images with ROM just installed, so we could just insert them? Would that work?
4th September 2012, 05:43 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1,270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylograph

All roms will be installed to a separate folder on your EXT partition so you can safely use your EXT for any NAND a2sd script you like... they are doing fine together ..

Also we don't want to mess with current general setups which maybe use the 3rd partition as swap..

Securecrt even made it possible to share the app folder on the root folder of your EXT partition with different EXT Roms... but I left it out on purpose for the 1st release.

Just noticed that, wasn't expecting considerations for other builds to be made from the very start, personally if i can't get nand android to run properly again i might try Win7.* now that we have this.

Edit. Have also just seen that we now have rich notifications fully working(?) - ( On other roms i only seen them with system apps (phone, text etc)) Download tunein radio to see what I mean, have had the notifications from it on my tab for a while now, so it's not due to an update.
4th September 2012, 05:45 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 2,766

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaqin

Oh, not for WP7 dual booters? Sad story Are we going to be supported in future? Or... well, I can see a workaround (make ext partition -> install CWM -> install ROM -> make backups of partitions -> install WP7 -> restore backups with WP7 space), but that would mean so much time used just for this, especially for people with WP7 already.

What about EXT partition images with ROM just installed, so we could just insert them? Would that work?

I never use WP7 on my HD2 for now I hope some one can tell me how the WP7 use the SDCARD.
The Following User Says Thank You to securecrt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift securecrt Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 05:47 PM |#26  
Flag MUNZE TEBRA
Thanks Meter: 248

More
confirmed adb not working,but can acess your sd-ext from recovery
4th September 2012, 05:55 PM |#27  
Flag Koprivnica
Thanks Meter: 428

More
Seems very nice, I would really like to try it. I've been using ph03n!x's solution from the start but found that sometimes system becomes a bit unresponsive (my guess is multiple read writes), so really looking forward to trying this one.
@ Xylo Any chance of uploading JB_PA build? Or is initrd.gz same for both?
4th September 2012, 06:01 PM |#28  
Flag Kozani
Thanks Meter: 327

More
first boot how many time does it take?
4th September 2012, 06:07 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1,270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clio94

seconds; max 2 minutes (?), there isn't any data file to build or anything, first boot shouldn't take long
4th September 2012, 06:08 PM |#30  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,879

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by securecrt

I never use WP7 on my HD2 for now I hope some one can tell me how the WP7 use the SDCARD.

WP7 encrypts the sd card and uses it for operating system space as well as for storing data. Most HD2 WP7 ROMs allow the first 200Mb of space on sd to be used as FAT storage, which can be resized. They also use the last 24Mb nand space in magldr menu.
PPL dual booting either partition the sd card with the enlarged FAT partition (primary) or (as I do) use a separate card for WP7.

I am trying to see if i can port this ATM...
It boots with original initrd.gz.....Now to see where it is running from
4th September 2012, 06:08 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 7,730

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoTurtle

Couldn't he copy the files into the partition on the desktop? Using ubuntu for example, or while in a running nand build? Or would that be likely to cause issues?

Nope he would miss out on important permission and symlink settings which will likely make the ROM unbootable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblaster3

well to b honest when i read on the first post that wm6.5 users and magldr users using wp7 in nand are also to be supported in the future, i never considered that recovery was a must.. guess i was wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaqin

Guys, not so sad.. it's a 1st release and a work in progress.. I am sure we'll eventually find a way for all users to make use of it..

Next step I will work on is compatibility for haret and cLK users..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexmunze

confirmed adb not working,but can acess your sd-ext from recovery

Yes, I am working on it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcos

Seems very nice, I would really like to try it. I've been using ph03n!x's solution from the start but found that sometimes system becomes a bit unresponsive (my guess is multiple read writes), so really looking forward to trying this one.
@ Xylo Any chance of uploading JB_PA build? Or is initrd.gz same for both?

PA is also coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clio94

Not to long... You also had issues with Phoenix EXT method didn't you ?
Maybe the mount ext partition delay needs to be increased for some users... Don't know..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xylograph Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
native sd, nativesd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)