Remove All Ads from XDA

☠ [APK][Tweaks & Mods] █ PIMP MY ROM █ BETA v1.0 {Any Device // Any Rom} ☠

2,057 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,251

Post Reply Email Thread
30th July 2013, 06:24 PM |#5001  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
But they are already included in the PMR install, no? If not, does anyone have links for both the beats and bravia packages for jellybean?

Also, what are some of everyone's screen values, like surfaceflinger and the rest of them that you've all tried? Any tips?

Sent from my SGH-T989

31st July 2013, 12:02 PM |#5002  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajano95

I can't download Bravia2 engine assets, whats wrong?

+1

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
1st August 2013, 12:19 AM |#5003  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Having trouble downloading Beats Audio and Sony Xloud... I click on the download button and it just stays at 0%. Any ideas???

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium
1st August 2013, 01:18 AM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
So, how "smart" exactly is this app? If I were to change an option in another app that PMR also has control over, like say a toggle or something of that nature, does the change reflect in PMR upon opening it after said setting change?

I.e.: in developer options, if I were to toggle force 2d rendering to on, then open PMR, would it show as forced on in there too?

Sent from my SGH-T989
1st August 2013, 03:31 PM |#5005  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lyon, France

Donate to Me
More
Development news
Some of you who follow me on Google+ may know that I'm in the process of re-writing the app from scratch.
It's a long process and I'm far from done, so don't expect to see the remake too soon, and please, no ETA.
However, I want to share some exciting news about it with you.

1. Third-party plugins support
Yeah, you read that right, the next version of Pimp My Rom will allow you to write & distribute your own plugins to expand the collection of tweaks available, add some device-specific ones, etc...
Those plugins are extremely easy to write and are fully XML-driven, this means that you don't need any Java development skills (or even hardly any development skills at all, since it is so straight-forward as you'll see in the examples below),
the big abstraction layer I've built to bridge your XML file to my Java code takes care of everything for you.

I think it'll be easier to explain and to understand with an example, so we'll say that:
  • You want to add a build.prop tweak to the Network & Internet section of Pimp My Rom, and you want it to have a SeekBar+EditText combo for the user to control its value.
  • The build property you want to add is ro.idontcare.whatever, which takes an integer value between 0 and 100, and is expressed in megabytes (MB).
  • If ro.idontcare.whatever isn't currently in the build.prop of the user, display the current value as 50 (if it is present, the current value will automagically be read from the build.prop)
  • The tweak title will be "My Test Tweak"
  • The tweak description will be "This is a third-party, pluggable test tweak"

So in this case, you'll write the following XML file and put it in /sdcard/PimpMyRom/plugins/myplugin.xml:
The DSL (tag names & keywords specifically) may change before release, there will be a full documentation
Code:
<buildprop>
    <section>network</section>
    <name>My Test Tweak</name>
    <description>This is a third-party, pluggable test tweak</description>
    <prop>ro.idontcare.whatever</prop>
    <control>
        <type>seekbarcombo</type>
        <minvalue>0</minvalue>
        <maxvalue>100</maxvalue>
        <default>50</default>
        <unit>MB</unit>
    </control>
</buildprop>
And this is litterally all you have to do!
Now just close the app, restart it, go to the Network & Internet section, scroll down, and below the built-in tweaks will be your new one(s) :

Of course, you'll be able to do the same for init.d scripts, sysctl commands, and basically any terminal command (this obviously is a security breach though, so there will be a review system - probably gerrit - for plugins before the app accepts to pick-it-up, and/or an option in the app to allow it to pick-up unreviewed plugins).
Plugin files can contain as many tweaks as you want, contain different types of tweaks etc...

2. Additionnal features & plans
These are things I haven't started working on yet, but I most likely will once the plugin system is fully implemented and solid enough.
  • An open-source "blank" version of Pimp My Rom, allowing you to build your own tweaking app just with PMR's XML plugin configuration DSL.
    This will include the possibility to rename the app, change the icon, the tabs title etc... all via the same xml plugin system you just saw.
    If you're a ROM developer and you want to build your own control app for your ROM's tweaks, this is a great opportunity to do so with little effort and no programming knowledge.
  • By expanding on this plugin system, the app will be able to dump your current configuration to a plugin file for easy backup/restore between flashes and/or profile sharing
  • An in-app plugins catalog which allows you to download and apply reviewed plugins directly
  • Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) implementation for a seamless tweaking mode (apply a tweak on one device and it's simultaneously applied on all your devices)
  • <!-- YOUR IDEAS HERE -->

3. App Performance
I can promise you that the app's performance is otherworldly, my old code was hideous, I was blocking the UI thread half of the time, doing nasty n00bs mistakes etc... When I look at some parts of the current PmR's code, it makes me want to beat myself-up^^
I guess it's what it takes, writing a lot bad quality code before writing some normal quality code and maybe one day some high quality stuff I hope.

Anyway, all the freezing when applying a tweak is gone and most janks are too. The UX is really a hundred times smoother.

You can see and read a bit more about the rebirth of Pimp My Rom in this Google+ post: https://plus.google.com/u/0/11610483...ts/eHErMxkE5XR

If you have ideas and feature-requests, please express them, they could make their way into the app.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Androguide.fr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Androguide.fr Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 04:25 PM |#5006  
Flag Peshawar
Thanks Meter: 78

More
does this work on stock rooted odexed rom...???
2nd August 2013, 04:31 PM |#5007  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lyon, France

Donate to Me
More
Fixing the downloads issue
I'm finally fixing the download issues, I kinda had problems with the VPS they're hosted-on but it's sorted out, they should be back up in a few minutes.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Done, you can go ahead and download the mods.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Androguide.fr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Androguide.fr Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 08:07 PM |#5008  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
I've tried the various mods (beats, xloud, sony album) on both my Galaxy Camera and One X, and they just don't work.

On the GC:
Downloads seem to go fine, installing of the audio mods never finish .. Sony album installs but doesn't add the app.

On the One X:
Downloads and installs seem to go fine but have no effect .. audio is unchanged and apps not added.

All tried multiple times, including reinstalls and cleaning up the downloads.
Am I missing a trick? Does the Google Play version require the zip to be flashed as well?

Should I keep troubleshooting or just wait for the new version? I'm not that bohered, just want to fudge around with my devices.
2nd August 2013, 09:08 PM |#5009  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lyon, France

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinSauce

I've tried the various mods (beats, xloud, sony album) on both my Galaxy Camera and One X, and they just don't work.

On the GC:
Downloads seem to go fine, installing of the audio mods never finish .. Sony album installs but doesn't add the app.

On the One X:
Downloads and installs seem to go fine but have no effect .. audio is unchanged and apps not added.

All tried multiple times, including reinstalls and cleaning up the downloads.
Am I missing a trick? Does the Google Play version require the zip to be flashed as well?

Should I keep troubleshooting or just wait for the new version? I'm not that bohered, just want to fudge around with my devices.

You can try to flash them from recovery, here are the flashable versions of the mods: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2170112
5th August 2013, 04:16 AM |#5011  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 224

More
I go to activate init.d install and reboot phone, phone gets stuck at splash screen..had to nandroid. Using JellyBelly Omega v1.1 on htc evo shift.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, mods, pimp my rom, pmr, tweaks
Previous Thread Next Thread