FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] [v.1.5+] Wakelock Detector- What keeps your phone awake when it sleeps?

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 680

By ahikmat, Senior Member on 7th March 2013, 03:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th May 2014, 02:01 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Any chance that some simple Linux scripts could be released that would allow for similar functionality to the PC/Windows version? Unfortunately my Moto X doesn't have adb on the device. It wouldn't have to have a fancy graphical display, just a text dump of the info would be great.

11th May 2014, 10:27 AM |#502  
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheedsk

Hi,
Thanks for the windows version, really awesome to check wakelocks without root. I've been having a problem with my Note Pro 12.2. Android system keeps the tab awake 95% of the time. I tried wiping but that only helped for a few days and the problem returned. Last night WLD showed that com.sec.android.app.bluetoothtest is keeping awake. Any ideas how to fix this?
Bluetooth is switched off and never used. I've tried reloading the firmware via Kies without wiping but that not helped.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-P905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Any help please?

12th May 2014, 12:36 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Love the S5, but the battery life not so much...
Hey,

Thanks for providing such useful tools. I have been able to access my phone via your PC tool.

The problem is that my new Galaxy S5 has terrible battery life. After 11 hours of minor to moderate use I am at 27%. Verizon has been unhelpful in suggesting that it's my having WI-FI activated that is the problem. Seems unlikely, in my opinion.

Again, I've been successful in accessing my phone with Wavelock Detector PC. Unfortunately however, I do not know how to interpret the results.

I've made a screenshot sheet with just the top processes. Please let me know if you need to see the rest. Any suggestions/translation would be appreciated.

I appears I can't post images until I've posted 10 times. (sigh, nothing is easy) So if you're inclined to help, please let me know and I can PM you the URL for my screenshot sheet.

Thank you very much!
12th May 2014, 02:24 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Great App! The overview is perfect - thank you so much! keep it easy as it is!
Really good! Good job
Quote:

I would like to add a rating and review for you app on Play app store if you can do the same for me.

Here is the link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.gos.mhwy

Let me know your thoughts in my theart
★ [FREE][APP][2.3+] ME HERE WHERE YOU | Me Here Where You is a fun app to help your geographically challenged friends and family find their way to your location easily ★

Anh Tran

18th May 2014, 08:14 AM |#505  
Flag KCH-JB
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi guys, just started using WLD and I was wondering how come I dont have any deep sleep?it is an app issue or kernel issue?

Update

Solved the issue just by rebooting the phone
21st May 2014, 05:11 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revmra

Any chance that some simple Linux scripts could be released that would allow for similar functionality to the PC/Windows version? Unfortunately my Moto X doesn't have adb on the device. It wouldn't have to have a fancy graphical display, just a text dump of the info would be great.

It's not great, but it's a start. I'm not sure if this is even the right information but this should show CPU time split into user, kernel, and foreground.

Code:
adb shell dumpsys | perl -n000e 'while (/Proc ([^:]+):\r\n\s+CPU: ([^\r]+)/g) { print "$1 : $2\n"; }'
EDIT: This is actually not particularly helpful, now that I've done some more research. You may be better off just running the adb shell dumpsys > filename.txt and reading through it manually.

You'll see sections that look like this:
Code:
  u0a171:
    Mobile network: 2.51MB received, 396.19KB sent
    Wi-Fi network: 143.01KB received, 90.22KB sent
    Wake lock StravaActivityService: 52m 8s 530ms partial (2 times) realtime
    Wake lock LocationManagerService: 8s 653ms partial (3657 times) realtime
    Wake lock NlpWakeLock: 1s 598ms partial (562 times) realtime
    TOTAL wake: 52m 18s 781ms partial realtime
    Sensor GPS: 58m 54s 589ms realtime (4 times)
    Foreground activities: 6m 37s 265ms realtime (37 times)
    Proc *wakelock*:
      CPU: 4m 48s 200ms usr + 2m 10s 540ms krn ; 0ms fg
    Proc com.strava:
      CPU: 1m 34s 330ms usr + 25s 360ms krn ; 1m 21s 40ms fg
      2 proc starts
    Apk com.strava:
      Service com.strava.service.StravaActivityService:
        Created for: 3h 7m 29s 177ms uptime
        Starts: 1, launches: 2
      Service com.strava.service.StravaUploadService:
        Created for: 19s 202ms uptime
        Starts: 2, launches: 2
The lines starting with 'Wake Lock" show what types of locks and how many.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Se7enLC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Se7enLC Ad-Free
24th May 2014, 01:55 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, guys,
just a short question: The deep sleep on my non-rooted phone shows 53% awake. On the PC with the PC version it says something around 30%. So I guess the Wakelock App on the phone without the work adround is totally useless? Or what do I make of the 53%?

By the way, any idea how to get the work around to work on an HTC One? The listen to TCP 5555 port command doesn't do anything, I'm afraid
29th May 2014, 02:09 AM |#508  
OP Senior Member
Seoul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheedsk

Hi,
Thanks for the windows version, really awesome to check wakelocks without root. I've been having a problem with my Note Pro 12.2. Android system keeps the tab awake 95% of the time. I tried wiping but that only helped for a few days and the problem returned. Last night WLD showed that com.sec.android.app.bluetoothtest is keeping awake. Any ideas how to fix this?
Bluetooth is switched off and never used. I've tried reloading the firmware via Kies without wiping but that not helped.

Thanks.

I was not able to find any info about "com.sec.android.app.bluetoothtest" wakelock
what is your phone model and firmware version?
is it still there after reboot?
29th May 2014, 02:10 AM |#509  
OP Senior Member
Seoul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper_VFX

Hey,

Thanks for providing such useful tools. I have been able to access my phone via your PC tool.

The problem is that my new Galaxy S5 has terrible battery life. After 11 hours of minor to moderate use I am at 27%. Verizon has been unhelpful in suggesting that it's my having WI-FI activated that is the problem. Seems unlikely, in my opinion.

Again, I've been successful in accessing my phone with Wavelock Detector PC. Unfortunately however, I do not know how to interpret the results.

I've made a screenshot sheet with just the top processes. Please let me know if you need to see the rest. Any suggestions/translation would be appreciated.

I appears I can't post images until I've posted 10 times. (sigh, nothing is easy) So if you're inclined to help, please let me know and I can PM you the URL for my screenshot sheet.

Thank you very much!

Sorry for late reply,
yeah PM me please
29th May 2014, 02:14 AM |#510  
OP Senior Member
Seoul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunthief

Hey, guys,
just a short question: The deep sleep on my non-rooted phone shows 53% awake. On the PC with the PC version it says something around 30%. So I guess the Wakelock App on the phone without the work adround is totally useless? Or what do I make of the 53%?

By the way, any idea how to get the work around to work on an HTC One? The listen to TCP 5555 port command doesn't do anything, I'm afraid

The PC version is correct, because it considers the Screen On time.

Your phone is not rooted KitKat thats why it shows 53%(including screen on time)
in other words, phone version does not have access to read screen on time..

and I did not test WLD with HTC One, I am not sure if it has adb built in...

sorry to say but in this case you have to use PC version to find the cause of wakelock buggers
3rd June 2014, 05:43 AM |#511  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahikmat

I was not able to find any info about "com.sec.android.app.bluetoothtest" wakelock
what is your phone model and firmware version?
is it still there after reboot?

My pc version also hows this for my ATT galaxy s5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	2777616  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)