By djrbliss, Inactive Recognized Developer on 26th April 2013, 09:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th May 2013, 06:28 PM |#501  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmouse

so can you get into the factory recovery?

yes i can

11th May 2013, 06:35 PM |#502  
Flag atlantic city
Thanks Meter: 545

Donate to Me
More
this is what i did, wheni first got the phone im running windows 7 i plugged the phone into the computer let windows find the drivers for the samsung device i did have a problem saying the drivers werent installed sucessfully i unplugged phone opened samsung kies plugged phone in it connected,unplugged phone closed kies plugged back in windows found the device, i kept the phone plugged into the computer dled the motochoper file extracted the folder to my desktop opened the folder just to look in it as i did that i saw windows start searching for drivers for adb once that was done and sucsessfull i just clicked on the batch file and then watched my phone it prompted me to allow some connection then followed on the computer screen pressing anykey then enter to reboot. before any of that i enabled developer options and checked usb debugging
The Following User Says Thank You to djmouse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djmouse Ad-Free
11th May 2013, 07:48 PM |#503  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiON,Texas
Thanks Meter: 20,556

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanoraa

How did you get going?

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

So I was stuck too, went to settings/about phone. Clicked on Build number 7 times which activates developer options then activated and selected USB debugging. Ran on MacBook pro S4 is now rooted. Waiting on bootloader Unlock.

Thank you, thank you, thank you..that worked, umm now I just got to root..

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote:

this is what i did, wheni first got the phone im running windows 7 i plugged the phone into the computer let windows find the drivers for the samsung device i did have a problem saying the drivers werent installed sucessfully i unplugged phone opened samsung kies plugged phone in it connected,unplugged phone closed kies plugged back in windows found the device, i kept the phone plugged into the computer dled the motochoper file extracted the folder to my desktop opened the folder just to look in it as i did that i saw windows start searching for drivers for adb once that was done and sucsessfull i just clicked on the batch file and then watched my phone it prompted me to allow some connection then followed on the computer screen pressing anykey then enter to reboot. before any of that i enabled developer options and checked usb debugging

Ok, got it setup just as you do, what is the worst that can happen? here we go..thanks

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Rooted perfect....just to see if I got this right...if you do the update...it removes root...and there is no way to root again...anyone? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium
11th May 2013, 07:49 PM |#504  
Flag atlantic city

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman

Thank you, thank you, thank you..that worked, umm now I just got to root..

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Ok, got it setup just as you do, what is the worst that can happen? here we go..thanks

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Rooted perfect....just to see if I got this right...if uou do the update...it removes root...and there is no way to root again...anyone? Thanks

no do the update and then just pug in to your pc and run that batch file again it will re root
11th May 2013, 07:52 PM |#505  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

no do the update and then just pug in to your pc and run that batch file again it will re root

Thanks for your help, seriously appreciate it.
11th May 2013, 07:54 PM |#506  
Flag atlantic city

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for your help, seriously appreciate it.

thats what its about,hey if you already did the update chances are even after a factor reset you already on the update check the build and see and also dl root checker basic to make sure your rooted,after i did a factory reset after updating it kept that build i guess unless the i never saw it update witch i doubt happened
11th May 2013, 08:26 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks
First thing I wanted to do with this new phone was root it So much bloat ware on this though can't wait for a stable rom to be released
11th May 2013, 09:11 PM |#508  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thats what its about,hey if you already did the update chances are even after a factor reset you already on the update check the build and see and also dl root checker basic to make sure your rooted,after i did a factory reset after updating it kept that build i guess unless the i never saw it update witch i doubt happened

Hmm I am on MDL now with root..so update removed root..I just re-ran root again. Weird..on my wife's her update says wait some 23hrs..wth...

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH84

First thing I wanted to do with this new phone was root it So much bloat ware on this though can't wait for a stable rom to be released

+1 I can't stand the lockscreen.

11th May 2013, 09:34 PM |#509  
Flag atlantic city

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hmm I am on MDL now with root..so update removed root..I just re-ran root again. Weird..on my wife's her update says wait some 23hrs..wth...

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

+1 I can't stand the lockscreen.

is your wifes rooted?,and what is she on uccuamba?and are you on att just curios i asume you are,and i love the lock screen i put an al black screen changed it from person message to the large clock and use the swipe unlock with the light option instead of the ink, this isnt the place to probably talk about lock screens but if you want to pm me its all good
11th May 2013, 09:51 PM |#510  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

is your wifes rooted?,and what is she on uccuamba?and are you on att just curios i asume you are,and i love the lock screen i put an al black screen changed it from person message to the large clock and use the swipe unlock with the light option instead of the ink, this isnt the place to probably talk about lock screens but if you want to pm me its all good

she is not rooted..haven't touched hers yet...hers says she is on MDB still...but it will not let her update for 20 so hrs.

ok ok the lockscreen is ok i guess . good idea about not here..will do thanks
11th May 2013, 10:00 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:

she is not rooted..haven't touched hers yet...hers says she is on MDB still...but it will not let her update for 20 so hrs.

ok ok the lockscreen is ok i guess . good idea about not here..will do thanks

you can manually change the date and time ahead a day or so and itll let you do the update right away
The Following User Says Thank You to theraker007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theraker007 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)