2,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2007, 03:50 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
uhmm.. I haven't seen that before... Try to uninstall the program.
After that, go to the folder Program Files\TrackMe and delete whatever is left there. Install it again and see what happens.

2nd November 2007, 03:51 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by while(!(linux)){wm}

Staryon,

Another thing i noticed is that when i put my Kaiser in landscape mode, i can't scroll down in the configuration menu. Would it be possible to add a scroll bar?

Sure. It shouldn't be a problem.
2nd November 2007, 03:56 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by staryon

uhmm.. I haven't seen that before... Try to uninstall the program.
After that, go to the folder Program Files\TrackMe and delete whatever is left there. Install it again and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply;
Did that already, same stupid error message is coming up, is it due to the rom installed "Another Hybrid Rom Build 18533.0.7.0 with CE OS 5.2.1921" ??

Edit1
PS..

Your other app FFF is runinng fine
2nd November 2007, 04:15 PM |#104  
Flag Flevoland
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Updates...

I'm working on a new version that lets you to choose if you want to store your data in a local file or on a remote server.

Also, when you generate KML files you will be able to choose where you want it. (local or remote). So even if you all your data is stored locally, you will be able to place the KML file on a remote server.

By the way.... how do you guys think I should call the data that I get from the GPS? My English is not great and I want to name it in such a way that can be understood by anybody.

Locations? Points? Positions? Fixes?

Thanks

You're doing a great job man. Waiting for the server thingy so i can put it on my server 2. But I'm a server noob so hope it comes with a clear readme
About the position name, I think you should name it GPS positions. Is best to understand for most people I think.
2nd November 2007, 04:29 PM |#105  
Flag Diamond Bar

More
Staryon,

Could you put an option to auto start the search of satellite. So when I start the program, i don't have to click on the start button.

Thanks.

I tried the automatic gps turn on/off after each download. It works fine if it's more than 10 seconds of upload time, but when I set it to 10s, it seems like the GPS is refreshing too much, looks like it's working too hard. No big deal, but maybe the automatic gps turn on/off shouldn't be enabled if the user chooses 10s? Just a suggestion.

Also, aren't you getting too much ping when the upload is 10s? I use 10s while using the program Reperion, but I know Reperion is for industrial use and they get a lot of hits with no or little effect on their server.
2nd November 2007, 04:39 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiseer999

Thanks for your reply;
Did that already, same stupid error message is coming up, is it due to the rom installed "Another Hybrid Rom Build 18533.0.7.0 with CE OS 5.2.1921" ??

Edit1
PS..

Your other app FFF is runinng fine

Not sure man. I haven't tried that rom.
Just in case, could you double check that you have the Microsoft's Compact Framework installed? I think you can see that from the 'Remove programs' list.
2nd November 2007, 04:43 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerppc

Staryon,

Could you put an option to auto start the search of satellite. So when I start the program, i don't have to click on the start button.

Not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerppc

I tried the automatic gps turn on/off after each download. It works fine if it's more than 10 seconds of upload time, but when I set it to 10s, it seems like the GPS is refreshing too much, looks like it's working too hard. No big deal, but maybe the automatic gps turn on/off shouldn't be enabled if the user chooses 10s? Just a suggestion.

Also, aren't you getting too much ping when the upload is 10s? I use 10s while using the program Reperion, but I know Reperion is for industrial use and they get a lot of hits with no or little effect on their server.

I don't think it's worth it to turn off/on the GPS every 10s. Keep in mind that when you turn it off, and you turn it on again it will have to get a new fix, and this may take a while. I basically added that option when you plan to upload data like every 30 minutes or even more, so your GPS is not on all the time.

On the other hand,yes, my webserver is kind of slow. Actually I have my connection timeout set to 20s because it fails sometimes.
2nd November 2007, 04:48 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:

Not sure man. I haven't tried that rom.
Just in case, could you double check that you have the Microsoft's Compact Framework installed? I think you can see that from the 'Remove programs' list.

This is the version preload by default 2.0.7045.0
2nd November 2007, 11:03 PM |#109  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiseer999

This is the version preload by default 2.0.7045.0

sorry mate. I'm not sure what to tell you. That version that you have should be ok. I hope somebody else can help you.

Regards
3rd November 2007, 03:21 AM |#110  

More
Nice app, thanks. I've been using FindU/Reperion for years and I don't think it's a fair comparison since the web part of Reperion is much more advanced.

One suggestion, could you add a "forced position" update and display it with a different color in GE ? Would be handy if you're uploading every 30 minutes. Ideally adding a brief comment maybe.

Good idea to turn the GPS on/off, first time I've seen that.
3rd November 2007, 05:23 PM |#111  

More
great job man, many thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cell id, gps, tracking

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)