Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2010, 08:22 PM |#1001  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 459

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyal hero

hey i use 576-691 on smartass governer. using 11c bt still battery lifes less then a day what do u recommend i shud do?

I should be releasing the 12 final and updating the main post(s) in the next few days. Try it when it is release. If you still have problems, detail exactly what your settings are (I hope they aren't min 576 max 691 :P), and what battery life do your get under what usage....
The Following User Says Thank You to erasmux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erasmux Ad-Free

22nd December 2010, 08:23 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasmux

Can you please detail a bit more? What is the exact observation you are making and how?

When coming out of sleep i.e. turning the screen on the phone is extremly sluggish. Checking the frequency setting with setcpu shows the frequency to be stuck at 352 and the only way to get it to start stepping up is to either change the governor or speed then things seem ok. This seems to be intermitant happening on appx. 3 out of 10 wake-ups.
22nd December 2010, 08:29 PM |#1003  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elig11

When coming out of sleep i.e. turning the screen on the phone is extremly sluggish. Checking the frequency setting with setcpu shows the frequency to be stuck at 352 and the only way to get it to start stepping up is to either change the governor or speed then things seem ok. This seems to be intermitant happening on appx. 3 out of 10 wake-ups.

That is very weird and really should not happen. What min speed are you using? Try using smartass with 352Mhz as your min speed, which should ensure no wakeup issues on any device - of course if this works well you can go down with it until you find the sweat spot for your device.
If the problem persists, on which version did it break for you? Does it work well on 11c? on pre2? etc.
22nd December 2010, 08:38 PM |#1004  

More
which settings would uu recommend then?
22nd December 2010, 09:05 PM |#1005  

More
Quote:

That is very weird and really should not happen. What min speed are you using? Try using smartass with 352Mhz as your min speed, which should ensure no wakeup issues on any device - of course if this works well you can go down with it until you find the sweat spot for your device.
If the problem persists, on which version did it break for you? Does it work well on 11c? on pre2? etc.

Everything was fine with 11c and your bundled kernel with froydvillain 1.7.x Jumped straight to 12pre6 for ext4 support.
Never set min freq below 176 as phone has always had wake-up issues below this.
Will give smartass a go with min 352 and also the various 12pre versions and get back to you again with the results (although would be happy to use min-max for the lower freq). Thanks once again for your excellent work with your kernels.
22nd December 2010, 09:20 PM |#1006  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elig11

Everything was fine with 11c and your bundled kernel with froydvillain 1.7.x Jumped straight to 12pre6 for ext4 support.
Never set min freq below 176 as phone has always had wake-up issues below this.
Will give smartass a go with min 352 and also the various 12pre versions and get back to you again with the results (although would be happy to use min-max for the lower freq). Thanks once again for your excellent work with your kernels.

Just notice, that if you already upgraded to ext4, which is of course a welcomed step, you can go back to 11c (it would identify the ext partition). You can use any 12 pre version (even 12pre1 should support ext4).
23rd December 2010, 01:07 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 511

More
that's a fantastic kernel (pre6 with 19/710) together with your Floyo rom. both work fantastic and without any hiccups!

Thanks a lot!
Juergen
23rd December 2010, 03:26 PM |#1008  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Hi people!! i have a question to ask.

i have a class4 8gb sd card. When i partition, it ask for my swap size, how much should i allocate for this? thx. and what does swap actually do? benefits??
Thx in advance!!
23rd December 2010, 05:10 PM |#1009  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Pre 3 here (didnt see the need to update as dont use any of the features in the update posts so just waiting for V12.)

all of a sudden getting mental screen off wake up issues. using 19. my alarm stutters and wouldnt let me turn the screen on. a phone call made my ringtone stutter and lock the phone up. Have raised it to 176 but didnt used to have problems with 19....just all of a sudden... how odd...
23rd December 2010, 05:17 PM |#1010  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyal hero

which settings would uu recommend then?

I use 614/176 (see end of this post to see why).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cet90

Hi people!! i have a question to ask.

i have a class4 8gb sd card. When i partition, it ask for my swap size, how much should i allocate for this? thx. and what does swap actually do? benefits??
Thx in advance!!

No benifits.
Thats at least the commonly believed answer. If you want to keep the option of enabling swap in the future, I would set it to 64 or something like this. Note, that as far as I know, no current hero ROM, enables swap by default and you'll have to mess with the init.d scripts to enable it. Also flykernel < 12 (i.e. 11c) doesn't support swap. So again, the recommend setting, would be:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coedy

Pre 3 here (didnt see the need to update as dont use any of the features in the update posts so just waiting for V12.)

all of a sudden getting mental screen off wake up issues. using 19. my alarm stutters and wouldnt let me turn the screen on. a phone call made my ringtone stutter and lock the phone up. Have raised it to 176 but didnt used to have problems with 19....just all of a sudden... how odd...

Yeh, 19Mhz min is not 100% stable, I also had a major stability issue with it after using it for over a week without a hick. I have "reverted" to a min speed of 176. Note, that I do recommend updating, but wait for the flykernel 12 final, which should hopefully be released tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to erasmux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erasmux Ad-Free
23rd December 2010, 05:22 PM |#1011  
Flag De Haan
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:

but wait for the flykernel 12 final, which should hopefully be released tonight.

Big changes compared to 12pre6?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)