1,437 posts
Thanks Meter: 459

By erasmux, Retired Recognized Developer on 20th July 2010, 01:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th August 2010, 01:29 AM |#101  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Damn man you've made my day, also using Elinox 1.4 + CM5 kernel and lovin it!
thnx man!

17th August 2010, 03:25 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello,
I'm using FlyKernel-09 on MCR r5 for 2 days already.
Everything seems to be working well without any system_server restarts and additionally the underclocking does its job. I'm fan of long battery life, not fast CPU - it's a battery powered device after all - though i don't like sacrificing smoothness and user experience either. It doesn't feel that jumpy/choppy as FlyKernel-08 did.

@erasmux
Did few tests about the battery drain due to frequent frequency changes.
While alive it seems that the device should NOT switch frequency when using variable CPU intensive tasks like Google Maps. Google Maps uses the CPU only if it has to redraw the screen. That means zooming/panning are CPU intensive tasks, while the static map isn't and it takes 8-12% CPU time @176MHz (guess that's the AGPS/GPS sensor data analyzer & networking).
It may be subjective opinion but for me while the device is awake it uses less battery and produces less heat when the frequencies doesn't change. Pinning it to 528MHz seems to be great for my battery life for when the device is awake. And for screen off mode i use 176-258. Also i think part of the problems with system_server restarts for FlyKernel-04 is the frequency table. AFAIK some of the frequencies change the phone bus by a divider and that's also related to the phone memory. It may be so that the memory can't handle certain frequencies, which leads to memory faults, which does the system_server (Android VM) restart. On the other hand changing the bus speed changes the memory & the video controller speeds and that may cause the visual stuttering/jumpiness effect i have reported for FlyKernel-08.

I haven't tried the minmax governor yet, but i will soon and send feedback.

Cheers and thanks for the kernel. It's looking good.
17th August 2010, 03:49 PM |#103  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganii

Seems to work wit Froyd Villain 1.2.1 and "FlyKernel-09-CM6.zip".
At the moment,can`t find any problems.
But I had to do some modifications at the "FlyKernel-09-CM6.zip".
Because at FlyKernel-09-CM6.zip the files are at system/lib/modules
and at Froyd Villain there is system/lib/modules with only "wlan.ko"
and an extra folder at system/lib/modules called "2.6.29-nindroid"
for example with "cifs.ko" and "hid-dummy.ko".

At FlyKernel-09-CM6.zip,for example,this two files "cifs.ko" and "hid-dummy.ko"
are at system/lib/modules.

Attachment 381291 Attachment 381292 Attachment 381293

Any chance you could make this mod available for the rest of us on Froydvillain? I'd love to try out this kernel with version 1.2.2
17th August 2010, 04:22 PM |#104  
Flag Lion City
Thanks Meter: 3

More
no idea bout it.. but im gonna flash it anyway.. lol
17th August 2010, 04:33 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0mpu13rFr34k

Wow! Elelinux Froyo 1.4 + Flykernel 0.9 CM6 = EXTREME smoothness + 5.303MFLOPS

Yep! I second that.
17th August 2010, 04:44 PM |#106  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
@ScreamerBG
Thanks! You should really try the minmax governor it is based on similar thoughts to what you describe. Let me know how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD123

Any chance you could make this mod available for the rest of us on Froydvillain? I'd love to try out this kernel with version 1.2.2

Could you (or someone else) please try the FroydVillain 1.2.2 with my "FlyKernel-09 for CM6" file as is, and let me know if there are any problems? I can't understand from Ganii's post if he actually had problems without the modifications and if he did, which. If there are problems, I can look into it and provide a fix.
Note, that you can use this update to revert back the 1.2.2 default kernel:
http://www.multiupload.com/TZ27V9NB3Y
You can also use any of ninpo's other kernel updates.

Does anyone have a working link where I can download the FroydVillain ROM itself from?
17th August 2010, 04:50 PM |#107  

More
Hello erasmux

I have flashed RecoveryMod. I have flashed RCMIXv10b and without booting I have flashed FlyKernel-09-max.

The rom boots - check. Internal memory says 217 Mb - check.
17th August 2010, 05:05 PM |#108  
Flag Kingston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasmux

@ScreamerBG
Thanks! You should really try the minmax governor it is based on similar thoughts to what you describe. Let me know how it goes

Could you (or someone else) please try the FroydVillain 1.2.2 with my "FlyKernel-09 for CM6" file as is, and let me know if there are any problems? I can't understand from Ganii's post if he actually had problems without the modifications and if he did, which. If there are problems, I can look into it and provide a fix.
Note, that you can use this update to revert back the 1.2.2 default kernel:
http://www.multiupload.com/TZ27V9NB3Y
You can also use any of ninpo's other kernel updates.

Does anyone have a working link where I can download the FroydVillain ROM itself from?

Hi Erasmux, I tried flashing the "FlyKernel-09 for CM6" file as is and it seemed to have erased my apps. All widgets were giving the "problem loading widget" error and when I went to the market, all of my previously installed apps were no longer showing up as installed.

I did a nandroid backup before flashing so I was able to revert back easily enough.

Hope this helps and please let me if you need anything else or want me to try again.

This link worked for me just minutes ago
http://villainrom.desean.net/release...ase-signed.zip

Direct download of the 1.2.1 update to 1.2.2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1282048522
17th August 2010, 05:14 PM |#109  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD123

Hi Erasmux, I tried flashing the "FlyKernel-09 for CM6" file as is and it seemed to have erased my apps. All widgets were giving the "problem loading widget" error and when I went to the market, all of my previously installed apps were no longer showing up as installed.

I did a nandroid backup before flashing so I was able to revert back easily enough.

Hope this helps and please let me if you need anything else or want me to try again.

This link worked for me just minutes ago
http://villainrom.desean.net/release...ase-signed.zip

Direct download of the 1.2.1 update to 1.2.2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1282048522

That sounds very weird, I will look into it.
The link on the villainrom site works for me now, must have been a temporary problem.
17th August 2010, 05:37 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Waaay better than freekernel on Chocolate Eclair good work
17th August 2010, 06:20 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
does this work with sense hero???? if not could it be made to work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)