1,437 posts
Thanks Meter: 459

By erasmux, Retired Recognized Developer on 20th July 2010, 01:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2012, 09:04 PM |#1411  
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
News about this kernel? Erasmux is away from 7th October 2011, 11:52 AM, any news about him?

20th October 2012, 11:42 AM |#1412  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I'm trying to compile this kernel from source and I get the -mno-unaligned-access error. What toolchain did he use to compile the kernel and how to get rid of this error?
9th December 2012, 07:01 PM |#1413  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBandicootX

I'm trying to compile this kernel from source and I get the -mno-unaligned-access error. What toolchain did he use to compile the kernel and how to get rid of this error?

https://github.com/erasmux/hero-2.6....ild-the-kernel

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I have compiled Flykernel-13 and I'm trying to create a flashable zip file (with the purpose to learn more about android kernel development). I downloaded the flashable zip file for Flykernel-13 built by Erasmux and I'm trying to replace the kernel files in it to flash the one I compiled.

In /tmp/flykernel of the zip I found a file called "kernel". I am guessing that I can replace this one with the zImage that was produced when I built the kernel (ofcourse I'll rename it to "kernel").

I also found some module files ("*.ko") in /tmp/flykernel/syslibs.tar. How can I replace these with the module files that were produced in the build process?

Thanks in advance for any helpful reply!
9th December 2012, 08:09 PM |#1414  
Flag Mostar
Thanks Meter: 341

More
The modules are found in /system/lib/modules, just put them there and give them permissions, it's 644 i think...
The Following User Says Thank You to kemoba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kemoba Ad-Free
9th December 2012, 08:51 PM |#1415  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemoba

The modules are found in /system/lib/modules, just put them there and give them permissions, it's 644 i think...

I want them to get flashed together with the kernel.
Thanks for your suggestion though

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
9th December 2012, 09:06 PM |#1416  
Flag Mostar
Thanks Meter: 341

More
Take a look in how reimer sorted that out in his Las venturas kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to kemoba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kemoba Ad-Free
9th December 2012, 10:55 PM |#1417  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemoba

Take a look in how reimer sorted that out in his Las venturas kernel

Good idea! I got it to work using his update zip.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)