[Kernel] Flykernel-13 "Back from the Grave"

1,437 posts
Thanks Meter: 459

By erasmux, Retired Recognized Developer on 20th July 2010, 01:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th July 2010, 06:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
good work erasmux, does it work with Arabic language with Arabic fonts installed ? I mean connected letters

Thanks a lot

20th July 2010, 06:53 PM |#12  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I hope it does. I don't use Arabic, but if there are problems, report them and I'll do my best to fix them.
The Following User Says Thank You to erasmux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erasmux Ad-Free
20th July 2010, 08:07 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good job erasmux!
20th July 2010, 08:49 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Problems for me.....

Installed Kernel & Optimization and Boot time optimization

Made all my icons go to pot,

"problem loading gadget" on powerbar,
"problem loading gadget" on Battery Meter Widget

Game Icons, CoPilot live, System Widget all showing default app icon.

Lost a WHOLE LOAD of installed apps, simply not there listed any longer. So many gone I can't recall what I have lost.

Tried the undo file Original VR12 Kernel:

Got my apps back but still probs with some widgets, boot screen remained the HTC one (didn't revert to the villian screen)
20th July 2010, 09:36 PM |#15  

Donate to Me
More
First, I have fixed the kernel restore file in the original post to also restore the original villain boot animation, note that the new file is called: V12-RestoreKernel_.zip (with additional _ at end)
Thanks, for the remark.

Regarding the apps, that is very weird. Did you get these "problem loading gadget" on the screen or where? A logcat from the start of the boot would be very helpful (although I can understand if you don't want to flash it again just to help me debug...).

Regarding the widgets (when the apps do appear) ,try clearing the HTC Sense data (unfortunately this will reset your desktop but it should restore your widgets and its better than having to reinstall everything).
The Following User Says Thank You to erasmux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erasmux Ad-Free
20th July 2010, 09:42 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'll have to have a go later.. tied up at the mo..

Prob loading gadget appeared on the screen (still does).

Will try clearing sense and post back later.

EDIT: Clearing Sense worked. Thanks.
20th July 2010, 09:44 PM |#17  
Flag Tallinn, Estonia
Thanks Meter: 3

More
made battery callibration (http://www.villainrom.co.uk/viewtopi...tart=20#p19769).. full charge (~17:15).. after 5 hours using phone.. 5-7 calls (1-5min each), 30 min wifi and playing =) and now ( 22:40) 99% battery!!! blja, im very happy!!!!!!!!!!

cpu always 245-576mhz

only like with original VR12 kernel after few hours of use at 576mhz linpack score down from 2.5 to 1.8 , but after installed autokiller ( preset 60mb) it's always 2.45-2.57

now i think VR12 the best!

Thank you one more time! will write back tomorrow eve =)
20th July 2010, 10:26 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
is this included stuff really usefull or it can be disabled?

ipv6 (lot of different options)
LZO and ARC4 crypto stuff
extra PPP stuff (MPPE, PPPOLAC, PPOPNS)
DSCP and TCPOPTSTRIP
INET_TUNNEL
XFRM_IPCOMP
CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE
the /proc/config.gz (kernel .config support)

Also, I noticed that the device boot with mem=64M. Does it mean that the rest of the RAM isn't used?
20th July 2010, 10:55 PM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
AFAIK the only way to change this is to recompile the kernel.
Many of what you said I saw requests here on XDA that kernel developers add (there applications which use it). Please note that many of those modules do not automatically load and need to be manually loaded so they should not have any effect.
Others stuff, mainly the IPv6 stuff i doubt anyone uses - must have "inherited" it from the config i used as a base. I will look into it for future release if I can remove that stuff.
About the mem=64 I am not sure what that is, my phone is definitively using the full memory. I will also try to understand and possibly adjust that for future releases.
Thanks for the input.
20th July 2010, 11:34 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
An other question, is a kernel really tied to a specific ROM? I have VR12 right now so I could try it, but I was also thinking of upgrading to a 2.2 ROM.

About the modules, I think that most of the stuff that I noticed was compiled in (=y) and not as modules (=m). If they are only used by 1% of the users, I think it would be better to have them as modules and make sure that they don't load automatically at boot.

Also, do you know if it is better to have a small frequency table (with, let say, only 3 choices) to avoid excessive frequency switching?
Is the dalvik to SD trick included worth it for those of us with the original 2GB SD card?
21st July 2010, 07:15 AM |#21  

Donate to Me
More
The kernel itself should not be tied to a specific ROM, although I am not sure about taking it to Froyo. You can try to play with the files and see if you get it working. In any case I hope to have time soon to start looking at Froyo myself.
Regarding the modules, like I said I will take it under consideration for future releases and try to keep the modules that load with =y to a minimum.
I do think the frequency table should not be too large, I tried to include enough frequencies to suit everyone's needs but not too much.
Finally regarding the dalvik2sd, if it bothers you, use this update to disable it:
http://www.multiupload.com/TF7C3DLE38
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)