Remove All Ads from XDA

Anything related to Sound: features or fix requests. v10: Bass Boost

3,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,095

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd November 2010, 01:02 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
I haven't upgraded to froyo because my galaxy with eclair is pretty much spot on..with the exception of sound volume and the fact that the audio seems flat...no punch whatsoever..my i8910 had a real kick sound wise. I would offer 20gbp to fix this as i travel 4 hours a day and rely on my galaxy for music. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

3rd November 2010, 09:55 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj03

I haven't upgraded to froyo because my galaxy with eclair is pretty much spot on..with the exception of sound volume and the fact that the audio seems flat...no punch whatsoever..my i8910 had a real kick sound wise.

I had the i8910 myself and the sound of the Galaxy is way better.
3rd November 2010, 11:20 PM |#103  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Supercurio has been disappeared
4th November 2010, 01:00 AM |#104  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememorph

Looks great to me, can't wait to see the end product.

I would also like to add in another request, ability to uninstall the mod without do a total backup and restore of the rom.

As newest Froyo firmware (JPO) work honorably without a lagfix I'll also build stock kernel, so people just wanting the sound improvements will be able to install it without worrying about anything else
4th November 2010, 01:01 AM |#105  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferhatcan

Keep up the good work!

Good to hear that you are an audiophile. Personally I'm not using mobile phones to listen my music BUT if you manage to remove portable amps and DAPs from my pocket/backpack, I will definately donate to your project. =)

Ya, I think the Galaxy S is more than capable to replace most DAPs.

At least, sound-quality wise!
4th November 2010, 01:03 AM |#106  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnttiV

First, I'm not sure if I paid money for this (At least any amount that would matter), but just to throw out an idea.

As long as you'll be working with the mic and we only have one SPECIFIC device in mind, wouldn't it be possible to make a *working* and somewhat *accurate* sound pressure/level/whatever-you-call-it meter? There are a few in the market, but they don't really work, at all. (last one gave me a reading of ~100dB at night in an empty house...)

Building an accurate sound meter is a very difficult task for Android devices, because each devices are different and Firmware versions tend to use change input/output gains.
4th November 2010, 01:07 AM |#107  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huxflux2003

+10$ from me!

Also I have a problem where some time people I am talking to complain about hearing their own voice back. I am not able to reproduce it repeatefly, but I think it happens when you turn the screen on while talking. Not 100% sure though. Any thoughts?

Voice call sound quality is not the primary subject of my work, and I heard that on Galaxy S most of the sound filters for calls are done
- By the Audience a1026 separate chip on Captivate
- by the baseband itself (the separate telephony computer) on every other devices.

Except changing the mic gain and some auto-leveling, i'm afraid that there's not a lot I can do there.
4th November 2010, 01:11 AM |#108  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazeW

Adding $10 for the support of iPhone headset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glientsc

@supercurio Wow! Wow! Wow!

You really think you can solve the iphone headset compatibility problem on a soft/firmware level????

As I have an Etymotic hf2 that you show in the post, I also was desperately looking for a solution of this problem.

I measured the internal wirings of the headphones and tried to figure out how to build an adapter for it. Here my findings for the pins from Tip (1) to Sleeve (4).

Samsung - Adapter - Etymotic

1 - 2
2 - 1
3 - 270 Ohm - 4
4 - 17 Ohm - 3

I was about to order the parts and solder my own adapter, but I just saw your post and if you really think you can exchange left and right, and mic and ground, on a software (!) level, I might wait...

I just ordered an iPhone headset to do testings.
Really, I don't know yet if it will be possible or not (not yet looked at the code nor started reverse-engineering on the wiring switches capability of the several Galaxy S boards)

But count on me to dig into it
4th November 2010, 01:14 AM |#109  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'd like very much to be able to answer my phone calls using any standard headphones and the phone's mic, the same way I do when using nimbuzz, skype or fring.

4th November 2010, 01:15 AM |#110  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed10000

$40 from me if you could make call recording possible (without having to turn speakerphone on, of course) with various options (record all calls automtically, record only incoming calls, record only outgoing calls, record calls to/from specified numbers, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillovic

Oui, s'il te plait!
Can you please extract the native call recording function from the Korean firmware that I linked to in my last post on the previous page and make it useable on any Galaxy S ?
Merci beaucoup!

Okay I'll take a look !
4th November 2010, 01:18 AM |#111  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniboy84

Supercurio has been disappeared

I apologize, sometimes when I do research I can become a bit autistic.
But still here

By the way I spent time these past day for Team work, associating myself with neldar (BacklightNotification), Vibrant developers, Captivate developers, Epic 4G developers and of course Fascinate developers.

The goal is to build these improvements for every Galaxy S devices, and make sure they are reused in the maximum of third-party works
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
voodoo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)