FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anything related to Sound: features or fix requests. v10: Bass Boost

3,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,095

By supercurio, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 12th October 2010, 04:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2010, 02:21 PM |#21  
Flag JHB
Thanks Meter: 773

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsellers2

When you converted to EXT4 it was only the Data Folder correct? Is this the only directory able to be converted? Dont our apps use other directoryies?

Really offtopic! Thought I'd clear this up though: without root (the superuser popup asking for permission) apps can only write/read data from the data folder, or from the sdcard.

The speed difference between Voodoo and OCLF in specific apps is because of journals and fsync.

Take this to a different topic if you want to reply anymore to this post, leave this post for audio issues please!

12th October 2010, 02:36 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Clarify me this doubt:

What problems does the Galaxy S has in terms of sound?
I thought it was just the 3.5 jack outputing a non flat sound when it detects headphones, if I remember right, it was working perfectly if you connected a simple Line out cable.

Or am I wrong? Are there more problems related to sound? I also know about the loudness limit, but to be honest, that is not a problem, it's a EU safety regulation.

What else is there? I'm quite curious, every bounty thread I enter I basically see our phone is the best in terms of Hardware with subpar software that isn't tapping it's full potential.

I rarely use the Galaxy S for a PMP, but I will soon since I'm retiring my iPod Touch 1st Gen and buying a 32 MicroSD card
12th October 2010, 02:43 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Exclamation My Pledge
Has the two left channels output reported elsewhere (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=764548) been fixed? If not, I'm willing to chip in just to have a simple fix for this.

Also I find the phone loudspeaker sound output to be really shitty in the middle to upper volume levels, as it exhibits a lot of distortion. I think I've had cheaper phones with better sound, even from Samsung...

To find this issues in my SGS-I9000 was a big disappointment, so I'll pledge $15.
12th October 2010, 03:03 PM |#24  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Chambéry
Thanks Meter: 5,095

Donate to Me
More
OOooo you guys are thinking about a lot of topics I forgot!
So please continue

I'll make a compilation tonight accompanied by a preliminary analysis.
The Following User Says Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supercurio Ad-Free
12th October 2010, 03:07 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
I just wish Samsung paid close attention to the Open Source community. They could discover a lot of problems and respective fixes that could push their software forward in terms of quality.

But then again, I love the whole spirit of fixing problems in Open Source code. I should study the documentation we have around. As an Electronics Engineers I have my share of Electrotech and Programming knowledge.

Also, bravo for you supercurio for all the work you have done so far with the Voodoo Kernel.
12th October 2010, 03:21 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyunopper

£25 for a switchable headphone out and "true" lineout" from headphone jack.

My understanding from the original thread ("Headphones sound quality fix"--I can't post links) is that it already auto-detects line out vs headphone--if you plug in something with no resistance (i.e., a line out), you get a totally flat signal with no internal amplification. Arkanius seems to have the same understanding (above). But obviously supercurio is the man on this, so he should clarify if that's wrong.
12th October 2010, 03:27 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio

Headphone amp analog gain:

Hardware Parametric equalizer:

I know these are just the basic features that you're planning to do anyway, but I'll throw in $25 as soon as Voodoo Sound arrives with these things.

I bought a Vibrant so I could *finally* stop carrying a separate mp3 player (Cowon), and it already sounds great thanks to all of your great work in the original headphones thread. But I use Etymotic ER-4 IEM's and would be overjoyed with a little less background hiss and with the ability to give a nice clean boost below 100Hz--then it'll sound as good as my Cowon. I'm really excited about this--thanks for all your hard work, supercurio!
12th October 2010, 04:16 PM |#28  
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 56

More
CURIO im in for 10.00 if when i stream pandora or last fm to my car through bluetooth without having to jack my reciever up to the max just to get half the db. Bluetooth output is too low.
12th October 2010, 05:07 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Most of Voip client software doesnt work on SGS like it works on plenty of other Android devices.

It seems that there is maybe an inversion beetwen mic and speaker.
When you initiate a voip call, your interlocutor cant hear you but i can hear it.

Can you figured out if it is related to drivers implementation?
Maybe the audio driver you are gonna use could fix this issue.

Sipdroid and recently Fring are working.
Sound quality could be improved though but its more related with voip codecs i guess.

I ll be glad to make my 10.0 donation
12th October 2010, 06:01 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Something like ClearBass on Sony Walkmans would be absolutely brilliant. The built-in 'Bass Enhance' Preset is total rubbish in comparison with ClearBass.

Basically I would love a better bass enhancement option. On my old Sony Walkman you could crank the Bass up.

It would give huge visceral Bass without hardly any noticeable effect on the rest of the sound range.

This would make this thing the ultimate PMP

I use JVC Victor FX-500's and Shure SRH840's
12th October 2010, 07:25 PM |#31  

More
Damn nice! I am quite audiophile and very happy about your project .
I would like to offer you my help.
I got experience in C# and already worked on the I8000. So if there is a way to help you then tell me please.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
voodoo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)