FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anything related to Sound: features or fix requests. v10: Bass Boost

3,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,095

By supercurio, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 12th October 2010, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2011, 09:13 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 382

More
Just flash via Odin or via SGS Kernel Flasher (Market)

11th January 2011, 09:24 PM |#502  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Are the video improvements in Voodoo 5.0.1 included in the new Voodoo 5.1 kernel ?
It's not mentioned in the first post in this thread, will it be included later ?
11th January 2011, 09:33 PM |#503  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Chambéry
Thanks Meter: 5,095

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death-Co

@supercurio

I'm running AV v666 with new CWM3 and cannot flash your unsigned-update.zip trough it because of the old "Amend" method it's using (see the advertisement on Trasig thread)

Could you make a new update.zip with the only Edify method supported by CWM3. It's probably not a problem since you're closely working with Trasig and as Voodoo 5 only works with Android 2.2+

As I'm eagerly waiting to try your sound improvement, I will not wait for such an update and go to Odin but doing so you're showing the way to go to other mod makers.

And again, a great thank for all pieces of your work

Yes I am working right now with him
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supercurio Ad-Free
11th January 2011, 09:37 PM |#504  
Flag Mannheim
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thumbs up
W O N D E R F U L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx G O D for this man. Its unbelievable what G R E A T sound i can now hear with my SGS FM Radio.

Thanx so much SUPERCURIO. Hope you can work with the boys of Cyanogen in the future.

Greets
logicmann
11th January 2011, 09:39 PM |#505  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Crack:.

Just flash via Odin or via SGS Kernel Flasher (Market)

As I said I've gone the Odin way. I've never tried Kernel Flasher but I will give it a try some day. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBewoner

Same here, i'm using also Advanced Voodoo v666 with CWM3 and the install is aborted.
Can u make a new update.zip ???

Go the Odin way or like .:Crack:. said go with SGS Kernel Flasher app if you cannot wait for an CWM3 "compatible" update.zip

About the first sound driver, I'm surprised about the unleashed power the SGS can deliver. It can be painfull for the ears so beware when playing with the amp !
11th January 2011, 09:53 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death-Co

Voodoo 5 only works with Android 2.2+

Incorrect

Swyped from my Voodoo-powered Fascinate via XDA
11th January 2011, 10:03 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio

Thank you for the report, I was hoping getting one about the DT-990 and DT-880.

As those are bright headphones, I believe they will benefit a lot of from the jitter fix in the driver.
To your taste, is the high frequency balance best with current DT-990 + current Voodoo sound, or would it benefit from a slight low pass filter to remove some brightness and air ?

I must admit that I can't really compare with the old situation as there was no way to drive the DT-990's at a reasonable volume on the SGS, therefore I never used it with them. With the Voodoo app set to just below full amp I don't even have to set volume to max in the MP3 app to achieve a good listening level (12-13 is enough).

I just did some side-by-side comparisons with the following tracks/albums:

Steely Dan: A decade of: Various tracks
American Beauty: OST: Dead already

Using as the reference hardware an iRiver H-120 with rockbox (firmware upgradable "open" hardware lasts soooo much longer, it should be made mandatory for manufacturers to allow/support 3rd party firmware). Although old, this is still one of the nicest bits of listening/recording hardware with SPDIF in and out!

Overall, the dynamic range on the SGS appears to be greater. The sound is also a bit brighter and with more detail. Having said that, the iRiver is a bit more relaxing to listen to which may be due to the smaller dynamic range and reduced brightness.

A caveat though; my DT-990s are more than 15 years old and my ears are pretty much ruined by listening to music too loud and too long.

My Shure EC2's sound a lot better with your patch too, much more precise (this I can compare with the old kernel).

Again, thanks so much for your great work!

Edit:

* I never use an equaliser (unless I have to deal with really crappy headphones like the SGS original headset).
* Wow, I hadn't tested the radio, it sounds soooooo much better now.
11th January 2011, 10:13 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Red face excellent !
Works like a charm on darky's 8.0 Rom ;) !

Now the mp3 player is the SGSI9000 in stead of a standalone player with headphones.
11th January 2011, 10:32 PM |#509  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 1

More
@s44

Mmmmh, really ? I don't say Voodoo all version but Voodoo 5.

It's no matter of importance as the new update.zip method was already available before 2.1 as Koush said about the only method available in CWM3
11th January 2011, 10:37 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hey guys!

Just one question (sorry if it's a bit offtopic):
Is the new Advanced Voodoo kernel (basically) the same as the "normal" Voodoo kernel just with some more features?
Wondering if it's worth changing to the Advanced Voodoo kernel now as it supports the Voodoo sound as well...
Thx!

And a big thx to supercurio! Already rated & commented your app in the store as well. =)
11th January 2011, 10:39 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 382

More
It may be helpful to read the Thread of the desired Kernel...

Version v666
- Clockworkmod v3.0.0.5
- Special suprise when booting
- Minor fixes, some fixes, checkout my github commitlog.
- There is no OC/UV yet, will add several diffrent OC/UV versions in the next couple of days

Advanced Voodoo v666.1
- VOODOO SOUND 1.0 !
- v666.2 - OC/UV version. all other features included
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
voodoo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)