Thanks Meter: 774

By RyanZA, Senior Member on 9th November 2010, 03:59 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
9th November 2010, 05:53 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag JHB

More
First post updated with new version: will now detect when USB debugging is not enabled, and instruct you to enable it, as well as auto opening the settings page.
The Following User Says Thank You to RyanZA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RyanZA Ad-Free

9th November 2010, 06:02 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Good...........
9th November 2010, 06:05 PM |#13  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Will this work in other versions like T-Mobile Vibrant? Thanks
9th November 2010, 06:05 PM |#14  
Flag Nova Gorica
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Invalid attachment?

Nevermind, I clicked between the updates I guess. Works now.
The Following User Says Thank You to mihyes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mihyes Ad-Free
9th November 2010, 06:07 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag JHB

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by y3kt

Will this work in other versions like T-Mobile Vibrant? Thanks

It should work on most Android devices. Vibrant is almost an I9000, so 99% chance it will work fine.
9th November 2010, 06:13 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 886

More
Two quick questions:-
1. Does USB Debugging have to selected ALL the time or just to install?
2. For other Root files i.e. 'CF-Root-XX_XEU_JPO-v1.2-Busybox-1.17.1' do they require USB Debugging to install or when in use?
The Following User Says Thank You to Beards For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beards Ad-Free
9th November 2010, 06:17 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How to Unroot back?
9th November 2010, 06:30 PM |#18  
Flag Hubli
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Hi RyanZA, been missing you here.

This is awesome, & a very useful solution.

Sorry for chipping late, was out partying
The Following User Says Thank You to ragin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ragin Ad-Free
9th November 2010, 06:41 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag JHB

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards

Two quick questions:-
1. Does USB Debugging have to selected ALL the time or just to install?
2. For other Root files i.e. 'CF-Root-XX_XEU_JPO-v1.2-Busybox-1.17.1' do they require USB Debugging to install or when in use?

USB debugging is only required to root, once rooted you can turn it off again. This is because the root (rageagainstthecage) uses the 'ADB' or android debugging bridge/daemon to work it's magic.

CF-Root is a big step further than just USB debugging or rooting - CF-Root is replacing the OS kernel on your device. So it's not really the same thing, it's a lot more extreme. And it's much more difficult to install - it needs Odin after all.

This root is very similar to the 'SuperOneClick' root, but I personally did not like the PC requirement involved, so I made this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucbl1

How to Unroot back?

Sorry.. I didn't even think about unrooting. The idea is a bit foreign to me.
That said, I will definitely have the app pick up if its rooted, and change the root button into an unroot button automagically in the next ver.
9th November 2010, 06:48 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 886

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanZA

USB debugging is only required to root, once rooted you can turn it off again. This is because the root (rageagainstthecage) uses the 'ADB' or android debugging bridge/daemon to work it's magic.

CF-Root is a big step further than just USB debugging or rooting - CF-Root is replacing the OS kernel on your device. So it's not really the same thing, it's a lot more extreme. And it's much more difficult to install - it needs Odin after all.

This root is very similar to the 'SuperOneClick' root, but I personally did not like the PC requirement involved, so I made this.

Thanks Ryan.... Crystal clear.
gpnda
9th November 2010, 06:54 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey hey ,

welcome back RyanZa. Does this interfere with lagfix kernels?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread